OtakuBoards

Father's Day!

chibi-master

Okay, I don't have much time before I have to leave for the bus, so I'll make this simple... Father's Day is coming up, yes? So what are you going to do? Anything special? Got some favorite memories with your old man? TELL NOW. It will please my OB-deprived soul.

[COLOR="Indigo"]Hmmm..

I think perhaps we'll probably go to dinner and get him a card. I'm not yet sure what to get him yet though, I have a hard time finding gifts. :animeswea He's done a lot and sacrificed a lot for us so I have to get him something big.

So yeah! :catgirl:[/COLOR]

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Indigo"]I don't know what I'm going to do yet. Every time I try to talk to my dad about it, he tells me I'm getting married this year and that I don't need to waste money on him. o_O So I'll probably have to find something I think he'd like and send it out. lol[/COLOR][/FONT]

Grrr... I have no idea what to get my Dad, and whenever I ask what he wants for Father's Day, he just says, "Oh, I don't need anything!" SO WHAT?! I don't care if he doesn't NEED anything! That's the point of asking! If he NEEDED anything, I wouldn't have to ask, I'd just get him what he needed! I'll probably end up getting him a card or something crummy like that...AGAIN.:animedepr

This year is pretty easy for me and my brothers. My dad's lawn mower is pretty old and doesn't work very well, so we're all pooling our money together to get him a new one. He has no plans on getting a new one since he thinks it will last another summer. We know he'll object to getting it, but he never tells us anything he'd like to have.

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]My parents will be in Las Vegas for Father's day and my dad's birthday which always without fail falls less than a week after Father's day (His birthday is the 24th of June[B] St. Jean Baptiste Day[/B]- maybe Chibi can do a Holiday thread on that too!) So I have to get a father's day card and a birthday card and two gifts. And yes I have to do it this year since I got my mom pajamas.

So Father's Day means running around.

Oh I forgot! I have to get my boyfriend a father's day card this year, my daughter said she wants to get him one. I don't know whether to be touched or worried.[/color][/font][/size]

[SIZE=1]We don't celebrate Father's Day, not least because my dad's birthday is some three days before. He's not great at receiving gifts even on proper occasions like Christmas or birthdays, so I'm not sure how he'd go about getting presents on a "holiday" invented by greetings card companies in order to boost their revenue in the summer months.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]My dad is helping me move into my new apartment on Father's Day. -_-; It's bad timing, but move-out for the previous residents is the day before and Summer School starts the day after so I guess nothing can be done... :/ We'll probably go out for dinner after we finish moving all my stuff in and what not.

As for gifts, I don't know what my family is doing. My dad has been eying an mp3 player for when he goes on business trips, so maybe we'll quit giving him ties and shoes like we do every year ^^' Usually, we get him something rather boring for Father's Day.... then I go buy him something else for his birthday, which is July 2. Last year, I got him a book about Akira Kurosawa haha ^^'[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]My dad and I got my mom a 60-minute deep tissue massage at a spa for Mother's Day, so to follow that up is gonna be a tough feat.

I think the plan is dinner at home. My mom is gonna grill up some steaks like my dad likes. As for gifts, my dad got into Guitar Hero a while back (a guy who can actually play guitar). Since the new ones came out Rock Band style, adding a drum set and a microphone, my dad's wanted to try the drums. So I think the plan is to get the drum set.

Or maybe just a pair of socks. Dads like socks, right? :3[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]