Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Okay, Saturday is Independence Day for those of us IN AMERICA (LK reference ftw), so what are you doing for that day? Fireworks? BBQ? SPARKLERS?! The answer for me: None of the above. I'll probably just stay home and watch Star Wars on TV... But how's about you guys?

[B]EDIT:[/B] I was too lazy to create another thread for Canada Day, so go ahead and post about that here too! :)
Posted
[color=deeppink]I haven't enjoyed fireworks for year, but the excuse for a massive cookout is enough for me not to be a massive grump about the 4th like I apparently am with [i]every other holiday.[/i][/color]
Posted
[SIZE="1"]Well, I'll be at Anime Expo during the day. @_@; But then after, I'm going to go home and have a barbecue with my family. We'll probably watch the fireworks show that the city puts on as well.[/SIZE]
Posted
[FONT="Georgia"]Chibi, so much for the Holiday threads! You missed Canada Day! And you posted a 4th of July thread on the same day as Canada Day. I'm so offended =P[/FONT]
Posted
Don't mind Anomaly being offended Chibi, she's just a silly Canadian after all.

[spoiler][SIZE="1"]Is totally kidding btw.[/SIZE][/spoiler]

Anyway, I just have the usual plans that I always do. Cookout with the family and watching fireworks with friends and such. Nothing special really.
Posted
I shan't be doing a thing. After all, my neighborhood makes enough of a ruckus with their (sometimes illegal) fireworks. Every year, man... always scares the crap out of our dog too.
But at least I can look forward to some good food; probably steak. Mmm, steak~
Posted
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]I'll watch fireworks and enjoy lots of tasty food for the holiday. :catgirl: I might even go to the mall with my friends, just for the fun of browsing stuff. [/COLOR][/FONT]
Posted
[SIZE="1"]I have no idea what I'll be doing.

Tomarrow after work my brother and I are going to drive to our mom's to visit, and come back friday evening sometime. No work on friday, whoo! So that will be somewhat of a 4th celebration, not really. She's making tostadas, mmm.

I may go see fireworks on saturday as we usually do every year but I'm hoping I don't. Its really not all that exciting anymore. Barbecueing is a possibility though.[/SIZE]
Posted
Suprisingly, I actually [I]did[/I] something! My family and I went to see a battle re-enactment at the local Old Fort Niagra! It sorta seemed like an anime convention, only with a French and Indian War theme... So many people were dressed up as soldiers, native americans and just plain old people, it was like cosplay of the 1800's!:animestun
Posted
OH NO THERE'S A BATTLE GOING ON OUTSIDE! THERE'S GUNFIRE AND AND--oh wait, no. Those aren't gunshots and cannon blasts, it's only [i][u]fireworks[/i][/u].

Guh. At least dinner was scrumptious, and we're even having pie later. :3
Posted
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I had a good time on the holiday. I spent it catching up with family and friends. The fireworks were fun to watch and the food was good too. :3[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[FONT="Arial"]After enjoying the evening with my fiancée. Which included dinner and watching some fireworks later, I then got the fun of going into work and dealing with all the mayhem created by those who don't know when they've had enough. It was still an enjoyable day. Much better than last year. [/FONT]
Posted
I've always enjoyed taking pride in the 4th. Not just due to my enlistment, but always try to observe what in truth should be a holiday more celebrated (of course in my opinion).

It's sort've sad that more Americans would rather celebrate spooky fictional creatures then the anniversary of their countries independence (and yes I was speaking of Valentine's day...grown midget, dwarf sorry, flying around in a diaper shooting arrows at people).

I purchased some fireworks and did an amateur display for my family...though I almost became a statistic when my future brother in law decided to try and stuff two fireworks in one tube without telling me (yes he's THAT guy).

All in all it went well, the hispanic familiy from up the street called the sherrif who in turn enjoyed my work from the hood of his car.
Posted
[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Wow, sounds kinda like what happened to me as well, I got like 2 jumbo pack for my 3 year old son to watch so I as setting them off pretty late into the night and this elderly woman called the police on me at like 9 and he just sat on my front porch drinking a pepsi and watching them with my son asking him if he was having fun. lol. [/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
My sister, Dad and I set off a bunch of old fireworks(not very safe, by the way) and a few were duds. I'm suprised nobody called the police on us! But then again, both neighboors on either side of us were gone. And everyone else was setting off their own, so, meh.

Though I knew that half or all the fireworks we had(including sparklers) were probably illegal. EVERYTHING'S illegal in New York. Seriously, you actually do have to have a permit to build a pond in your own backyard!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...