OtakuBoards

Mountain Maker

DeLarge

[SIZE=1]We all try to be positive, uplifting people in life. We attempt to get through the days, brightening up those around us with our breezy charm and self-assured happiness. Or I do, at least.

However, everyone has those things in life which irritate you to the point of violence. Whether it is bad drivers, or overly loud people in the cinema, we all make mountains out of molehills at certain points in our lives.

This thread is the place to vent these petty little peeves, meaning you don't have to resort to murder in your everyday life. We're not looking for big things, so please don't say "world hunger and poverty annoys me," we're looking for tiny little things that niggle at you until you can't hold it in any more.

For instance, I can't stand people doing other things in the room when I'm watching TV. My dad knows how much this irritates me, and yet he still insists on wandering around, folding washing and ironing while I'm trying to relax, constantly darting in front of the TV, thus interrupting my valuable free time.

I also get intensely angry when people overtake me while driving. Mostly just on normal roads, which is reasonable, but also on the motorway, when it is actually socially acceptable to overtake other cars. I don't know what it is, it just makes me livid.

The final, and possibly the most petty thing, is use of language. Not in general, just one very specific thing that some people do, and that is overuse of the words "literally" and "random" out of context. If anyone ever said the sentence "It would literally be so random" near me, then they shouldn't be surprised when my foot meets their face. I don't know if it's the use of language, or the kind of people who are typically guilty of this unbelievable murder of the English language.

Well, I'm going to finish up before I get angry and punch through the computer screen. Let's hear how you guys make mountains out of molehills!
[/SIZE]

I positively DETEST eraser shavings. But what really steams me up is when someone brushes their eraser shavings onto MY METICULOUSLY CLEARED DESKTOP. It drives me mad and I usually end up screaming at the perp.

The thing that has had me really peeved lately is that everyone around me seems to be under the impression that I am capable of CONTROLLING my incredibly loud and aggressive sneezes. And any attempt to argue with them is quickly shot down with a snobby "Oh, please, you know you can control it!" It makes me want to gnaw their faces off...

[font=trebuchet ms] I got really angry at my friend last night while I was giving her a ride home from an evening out.

Basically my iPod was plugged into my car's radio and I was searching around for a song I wanted to hear, and whenver I chose something my friend would ask "what is this" and then an "EW!" after listening to it for all of 5 seconds. Like, idk, if someone is giving you a ride then please STFU about their music choices, or at least think of a more coherent way of describing your reaction to a song.

And honestly, like it wasn't even "bad" music. My friend is the biggest music elitist ever, a classic p4k whore, and views any band she hasn't heard of with suspicion and generally rejects any mainstream/top 40 songs.

She basically thinks anything I listen to is crap, because I enjoy mainstream music. For some mindblowing reason she can't comprehend the idea that I like top40 songs and "indie" bands, except I'm not as showy-offy with my music tastes. So when I do play a song she doesn't recognize, she's already blocked herself in and doesn't give the song a chance.

And the thing is this happens ALL THE TIME. She think I have bad music taste because I don't love Radiohead and Belle and Sebastion and Wilco like she does and it just pisses me off.[/font]

[FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Tiny pet peeves that annoy the hell out of you... One that comes to mind is people who constantly flip the channel when you're watching TV. Unless I decide to stop watching the show that is on, I don't flip during commercials. But I know people who do and I want to take the remote from them and bash their head in with it.

Net result, unless it's a movie, I rarely watch shows with other people who have a habit of flipping to other channels. It's just too damn annoying. To the point that I'd rather miss my show. Good thing I have my own TV and cable box for when I really want to watch something. ^^[/COLOR][/FONT]

[color=crimson]People who always stop at yield signs really get on my nerves. You don't have to give up the right of way to nothingness, you know. It won't strike you, seriously.

Similar to Lunox, I despise people who have a sincere problem with the music I play in my car when I'm courteous enough to give them a ride. The ultimate offense are people who bring their own MP3 players and listen to them - I'm anal about this to a fault, it feels really disrespectful for some reason.

I don't like people who won't try new or exotic foods - for some reason Texas is full of white people who are scared of anything that isn't Americana. I love Indian, Japanese, and Vietnamese food. There's nothing wrong with branching out to things that aren't thrown onto buns or deep fried.[/color]

I hate it when something unjust is going on right before a number of people and they do nothing. Like when a really nice boy in my class was being picked on by EVERY boy in the class and no one seemed to mind or care. I was the only one to warn him about what pranks were about to be pulled, and the only one to actually stand up to the jerks and tell a teacher about it. The boy told me at the end of the year that he was extremely grateful for my help. If something bad is going on, then HELP, dammit! It isn't that hard! I don't understand how some people can not only just stand there, but actually be the ones causing the conflict!

Also, my best friend has veeeeery long hair, about down a bit lower than her waist. It irks me so when people ask her, "When are you going to cut it? Are you going to cut it? You should cut it, y'know?" If she doesn't want to cut her hair, then just SHUT UP AND STOP ASKING. It's not rocket science.

[color=deeppink]I absolutely [i]hate[/i] it when somebody takes it upon themselves to ask me the same question every day, even though my answer [i]never changes.[/i]

I don't know how many times I tell people that I am almost never too hot or cold to be comfortable.[/color]

I HATE when people mess with their finger nails around me. Picking at them, chewing on them, just anything like that. Grrrrr!

Oh and chibi-master, I agree with you on the haircut thing. I get annoyed when people bug other about getting haircut or not getting a haircut when they want to. It's the person's hair, let THEM decide how they want it!

[SIZE="1"]It severely irritates me when people either try to look at the psoriasis on my forehead without making it obvious they're doing so and fail miserably, or those who outright ask "What's that on your face ?" without the slightest bit of courtesy or manners.
[/SIZE]

Got alot of psoriasis on my head and when people ask about it when I shave my head, I tell them I was attacked by an alligator when I was 8. It works sometimes, lol. Roommates! I really don't care if you use my stuff but return it to where you got it! Because now I'm looking around muttering to myself questioning whats left of my SANITY!

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]It severely irritates me when people either try to look at the psoriasis on my forehead without making it obvious they're doing so and fail miserably, or those who outright ask "What's that on your face ?" without the slightest bit of courtesy or manners.
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[size=1]I love you.

I'm the same way. I hate that. To me, it feels like: HELLO, it's nothing worse than acne, NO you can't catch it, now kindly stop staring at my face before I DO attack you.[/size]

[quote name='Stephanie'][size=1]I love you.

I'm the same way. I hate that. To me, it feels like: HELLO, it's nothing worse than acne, NO you can't catch it, now kindly stop staring at my face before I DO attack you.[/size][/QUOTE]
[SIZE="1"]
I think mostly its down to the fact most people just don't know what it is, if someone is polite about it I don't really mind taking a minute to explain it to them but the ****ers who just stand there and gape like slack-jawed retards do tend to illicit a more vitriolic response.

On a side note to this issue, it annoys me to no end when my parents ask me to cut my hair shorter despite knowing I grew it out to cover the more visible patches on my scalp.

Really I think though it's fairer to say the psoriasis is just a pain in the *** and certain people are idiots.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]
I think mostly its down to the fact most people just don't know what it is, if someone is polite about it I don't really mind taking a minute to explain it to them but the ****ers who just stand there and gape like slack-jawed retards do tend to illicit a more vitriolic response.

On a side note to this issue, it annoys me to no end when my parents ask me to cut my hair shorter despite knowing I grew it out to cover the more visible patches on my scalp.

Really I think though it's fairer to say the psoriasis is just a pain in the *** and certain people are idiots.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Yes it is a pain in the ***. Shaving my head actually helps. Yeah a lot of people don't have a clue. " Is it contagious?"..... yes, extremely, but only to you.

I have one thing that bugs me a lot. When someone listens to the same song, again and again, for HOURS. It wouldn't bother me if they didn't have the volume up loud enough for me to hear it too.

That honestly has me wanting to toss people out the window, five stories up. I don't care if you like a song [I]that[/I] much. Get some damn headphones.