Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Lately, i've noticed, that more and more movies that are coming out are based on books!

Such examples are; Lord of the Rings, The Count of Monti Cristo (hope i spelled that right) and there are a countless amount of others!

can it be that Hollywood has no more ideas? Or can they simply be doing this because they want to get people more interested in literature?

what is you opinion on this?

:wave:
Posted
I think right they've got some sort of creative mental block...although LoTR was excellent...look at some of the other crappy movies they've made like Vanilla Sky Shallow Hal. Yuk...absolute waste of time.

I don't think making books into movies would encourage people to read more...I just think it would become an excuse for people not to read books....

On the other hand...people might start reading the books that have been made into movies so they can compare...but for most, this sounds like too much effort.....I'll stick with my first thought
Posted
[B]Yeah I think that Hollywood doesn't really have any more ideas, i doubt they are trying to get people to read more because that would kind of defeat the purpose of making movies. Having said that, I wouldn't no![/B] :cross: :cross:
Posted
I think Holywood is starting to enjoy reading books,and it inspires them to make an movie about it and helps people that are fans of reading books to see how its like in real life. :)
Posted
[SIZE=3]I think they are just trying to get people to read the books & watch their movie.. (When i saw the movie i went to buy the books right away[/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kittie [/i]
[B]Lately, i've noticed, that more and more movies that are coming out are based on books!

Such examples are; Lord of the Rings, The Count of Monti Cristo (hope i spelled that right) and there are a countless amount of others!

can it be that Hollywood has no more ideas? Or can they simply be doing this because they want to get people more interested in literature?

what is you opinion on this?

:wave: [/B][/QUOTE]

I think they have just lost there creativeness. The books can still hold peoples interest so they made them into movies. I mean look at the crap that has come out now! There is not one intriging movie out there...its really pathetic. What happened to the times where movies made you think? Oh well. Yeah hollywood is braindead they know what they are putting out is crap so they are taking the books glory and throwing it on the screen...
Posted
I noticed alot are too,I just think alot of people like those books,so hollywood figures if alot of peeps like the book,they'll prolly go see the movie,anyway,the book is always better,u just can't get the same feeling from a movie,not to mention they cut parts out
Posted
Books let you use your imagination about events. Films show you, and sometimes people may be disappointed at the results. Films are generally never better than books, just like sequels are generally never better than originals (In films)
Posted
I believe that the movie industry may have realized, that you can produce a movie that's based on a popular/classical book, and it will have just as many people see it, as a movie that's based on an original plot. (Plus, it's way easier this way.) The only downfall to this is, if they base it on a book that practically everyone's seen.... people will critique with high standards; the movie must be just as good, or better than the book it's based on.
Posted
[color=indigo]I don't think Hollywood has lost any of its creativity. Movies have been made from books since the begining of film...It is the directors wish to take a book and express it on screen, which is often very difficult to accomplish...many of the best and worst films of all time have been adapted from a book. For example, The Lost World was a good book but a hoorible movie, The Godfather, on the other hand, was much better on film. I think the biggest constraint hollywood has with turning books into movies is the time constraint...It is very difficult to take a 600 page novel and condense it into a 2hr time span without losing valuable content.[/color]
Posted
[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i used to be an avid reader then this thing called the internet came out and was kinda cheap to get so i been here ever since... and my grades have gone about 20 points downhill since then... wonder why?

anyway i like fantasy books and RPGs wonder y? lol... i have a very very vivid imagination... i see things most people wont see in a movie or a book... and well... i cant write for **** or id have a million best selling books by now with this annying imagination ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kittie [/i]
[B]Such examples are; Lord of the Rings, The Count of Monti Cristo[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Ah yes, the Count of Monte Cristo, a book I must plan on reading now! Along with Lord of the Rings...gotta' get that read soon! Then I'll go see the movie :wave:[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]Ah yes, the Count of Monte Cristo, a book I must plan on reading now! Along with Lord of the Rings...gotta' get that read soon! Then I'll go see the movie :wave:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh you haven't seen the movie either...pheww!! I felt like I was the only person who hasn't seen it yet. Everyone around me has seen it 2 or 3 times....and they keep giving strange looks as if i'm a complete wierdo when I tell them I haven't seen it yet...:nervous:
Posted
[color=crimson] I can see it both ways...they may be running out of ideas, but then again, they've ALWAYS made movies that were based on books....there's SO many. And the books are ALWAYS better than the movies. Except LOTR, I just can't decide which I like better...now Harry Potter...that movie was...HORRENDOUS compared to the book, but I still liked it.

But maybe, JUST maybe, they MIGHT be trying to get you interested in literature. OR, they just might be trying to get the book worms out to the movie theatres to spend their money. Who knows, really.[/color]
Posted
i think that turning books into movies is bad. cause i read the harry potter books and had my own mental picture of everything, then the movie changed all that, it will be vary hard to convert back. :(
Posted
well, it would be a lot easier to make a movie out of a book, b/c it's already written. they just have to come up w/ a screnplay. plus, fans of the book will go see it, therefore making hollywood more dough.

i'm not to fond of when they do it, though. they usually butcher the plot. the only exceptions i can think of at the moment are carrie & lord of the rings. those were excellent movies.
Posted
Hollywood has no more ideas? No way. Not only do they always have original A+ material, they have brilliant plots and characters that people can relate to. HAHAHAHAHAAHAA.

Seriously though, it's like Lady M said, "...it would be a lot easier to make a movie out of a book..." and I think thats the chief reason. I doubt they intended it so that people would read more. I haven't come across any movies spawned from books that I've liked. Then again, I haven't seen much.

I'd rather read a book than watch a movie anyday.
Posted
Yeah, I'd rather read the books anyday aswell. They allow you to use your imagination to visualise the world they are describing through their books. You can go anywhere and be as creative as you wish. Movies just show you how it is and destroy whatever visualisation you have mentally created through reading

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...