Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[quote name='chibi-master']
Can anyone remember when they LOOKED FORWARD to getting their first period? The school nurse would make it out to be some great passage into womanhood instead of a pain in the lower stomach! :animedepr[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I don't think I ever in my life looked forward to it. I remember hating it from the first time I heard about it.

& I'm ready for this one to be over so I can start my new birth control. Blahhh.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[quote name='chibi-master']
Can anyone remember when they LOOKED FORWARD to getting their first period? The school nurse would make it out to be some great passage into womanhood instead of a pain in the lower stomach! :animedepr[/quote]

Nope, never. I don't understand why would you either. :o
Posted
[size=1]I don't think ANYONE looks forward to it. haha.

Mine just ended but my boobs are still super swollen. =.= I know some girls like that, but I don't like falling out of my bra. lol. I feel so slutty when I wear a top with a slightly lower neckline. :\[/size]
Posted
[quote name='Cat']Nope, never. I don't understand why would you either. :o[/QUOTE]

It scared the crap out of me, actually. But then every girl would be asking, "Have you started getting your period yet? Huh? HUH?", as if trying to make it sound like something every girl should wish she had. I swear they did that just to make themselves feel better about having to deal with period stuff while I could still prance around without blood loss.
Posted
[center][url=http://www.mooncup.co.uk/][img]http://www.mooncup.co.uk/assets/images/widgets/what%20is%20it/mooncup_actual.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Anyone heard of this?
Posted
[quote name='Sara'][center][url=http://www.mooncup.co.uk/][img]http://www.mooncup.co.uk/assets/images/widgets/what%20is%20it/mooncup_actual.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Anyone heard of this?[/QUOTE]

Do I [I]want[/I] to know?

EDIT: Looked it up. I wish I hadn't wanted to know.
Posted
[quote]It scared the crap out of me, actually. But then every girl would be asking, "Have you started getting your period yet? Huh? HUH?", as if trying to make it sound like something every girl should wish she had. I swear they did that just to make themselves feel better about having to deal with period stuff while I could still prance around without blood loss.[/quote]
I see. I didn't have that. Maybe cause I had started before everyone I knew.

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]That looks SO disturbing. O.O[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
I agree. Scary.
Posted
[quote name='Sara'][center][URL="http://www.mooncup.co.uk/"][IMG]http://www.mooncup.co.uk/assets/images/widgets/what%20is%20it/mooncup_actual.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Anyone heard of this?[/quote]

What in the world is that? All I can think of is a funnel... and that and the current topic to me just... Nevermind my question Im happy not knowing.

Chibi... why apples? I dun see how that adds time in between but okies. :P Whatever helps I suppose.
Posted
[quote name='AnbuKira13']Chibi... why apples? I dun see how that adds time in between but okies. :P Whatever helps I suppose.[/QUOTE]

Well, I discovered it by accident because after my last period ended just before Christmas or so, I was eating a lot of apples instead of junkfood in an attempt to not get too much holiday weight. For some reason, this put off my period for an abnormally longer amount of time. Cheers.:animesmil
Posted
[quote name='Sara'][center][url=http://www.mooncup.co.uk/][img]http://www.mooncup.co.uk/assets/images/widgets/what%20is%20it/mooncup_actual.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Anyone heard of this?[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I heard about those things a while ago. So weird. Makes me gag, yuck.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
On a scale of "mildly upsetting" to "I am putting you on my ignore list", how weird is it that I am reading this thread right now?

Wait, don't answer that.
Posted
[COLOR=#35425e][SIZE="1"]^ Weirdness is probably on the same level as "Reading biology textbooks for fun/enlightenment". Cool, in a geeky sort of way[/SIZE].

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B]chibi-master:[/B][/COLOR] Apples huh? Should try that some time. Good of you to switch from junkfood to apples!

Stress apparently helps delay my period: I have a perfect 31-day cycle but when I'm having a really ratty week at work, this goes up to the high 30's. The hypochondriac in me would like to believe that this delay stems from anorexia, but my waistline and pimples beg to differ.[/COLOR]
Posted
When mine comes I feel nothing, I can not tell the difference until I actually see red. usually lasts 3-5 days ,really annoying though because the dates keep changeing along woth the amount of time. Also I do not think there was ever a time I looked forward to this, at all, I was thinking more along the lines of 'why? why do I have to bleed for a few days of the month, and not also that but it might hurt?!' I was slightly scared.
Posted
[quote name='taperson'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I heard about those things a while ago. So weird. Makes me gag, yuck.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE][font=helvetica]Really? Do you consider it more disgusting than a tampon?[/font]
Posted
[quote name='Sara'][font=helvetica]Really? Do you consider it more disgusting than a tampon?[/font][/QUOTE]

Seems to me that a tampon would be more comfortable to use... :animedepr

I don't have to worry too much though. I use pads.
Posted
[quote name='Sara'][font=helvetica]Really? Do you consider it more disgusting than a tampon?[/font][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]It's re-usable. Ewwwwwwww.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
[COLOR=#35425e]Reusable as in take-it-out-give-it-a-good-rinse-and-put-it-back-on reusable?

Sounds suspiciously like retainers.

P.S.: Ewwww.
P.P.S.: But it's probably environmentally-sound. Perhaps this will lead to a solution for eco-mommies who do not want to fill the world's dumpsites with diapers. However, this contraption looks like it could get parents sued for child abuse. Oh what a dilemma.[/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='Delta'][COLOR=#35425e]P.P.S.: But it's probably environmentally-sound. Perhaps this will lead to a solution for eco-mommies who do not want to fill the world's dumpsites with diapers. However, this contraption looks like it could get parents sued for child abuse. Oh what a dilemma.[/COLOR][/QUOTE][font=helvetica]Well, I think those people probably already use cloth diapers.[/font]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Been there and had to throw out the pants Chibi, but mine weren't whitewas, mine were kahaki. That sucked so bad. They were my fav pair of pants, nice comfy tan bell bottoms, went with most all of my shirts...I still get slightly teary eyed thinking of the day I had to throw them out. :animesigh sometimes I envy guys, at least the only way they ruin their clothes is by getting holes in them in some form or fashion. [/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]I've decided to jump into this thread and announce that I love tampons. I just don't love the ache in my lady bits the first two days. And I usually skip the period all together thanks to taking my birth control non stop. Yep I just skip the non working pills and go straight to the next pack.

I do get a killer migrain right before my period and start biting everyone's head off more than usual. But hey it's all in fun and you should come around some time and watch what happens at work when I get mad![/color][/font][/size]
Posted
[quote name='Knuckles' Girl'][COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Been there and had to throw out the pants Chibi, but mine weren't whitewas, mine were kahaki. That sucked so bad. They were my fav pair of pants, nice comfy tan bell bottoms, went with most all of my shirts...I still get slightly teary eyed thinking of the day I had to throw them out. :animesigh sometimes I envy guys, at least the only way they ruin their clothes is by getting holes in them in some form or fashion. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Yeah, can you imagine if bloody period pants became fashionable! "Go ahead, ladies! Bleed on 'em! It's stylish and shows of your feminine qualities!" Feminine my foot. It's during that time that most of us become the least feminine we will ever be! Imagine the advertisement pictures with all the models in stained pants and whatnot! XD
Posted
[quote name='chibi-master']Yeah, can you imagine if bloody period pants became fashionable! "Go ahead, ladies! Bleed on 'em! It's stylish and shows of your feminine qualities!" Feminine my foot. It's during that time that most of us become the least feminine we will ever be! Imagine the advertisement pictures with all the models in stained pants and whatnot! XD[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]I wish that would happen, I have to wear white pants for work so you can just imagine the fun I've had... toilet paper is no substitute for a pad, but I did read how to turn 2-ply into a light absorbancy tampon.

But I'd LOVE to see a picture like that! [/color][/font][/size]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...