OtakuBoards

That Time of the Month Thread

chibi-master

As you can probably tell, this thread is for your menstrual complaints, women! I would like to make something very clear: [B]Unless you are contributing to the thread in some way, no males. No one wants to hear your insensitive and juvenile comments that usually take the form of: "woman are so stupid they don't know people only should bleed when they get hitted with manly rocket launcher lolroflcopter!1!!!" If you have something that is not insulting or sexist to add, please do so.[/B]:animesmil

Now then, I am happy to say that I am not yet on my period. But I believe it will be coming next week. Oh hell... To all of you unfortunate OB members on their cycles, please feel free to voice your agony and rightful complaints right here.:catgirl:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='chibi-master'][B]Unless you are contributing to the thread in some way, no males. No one wants to hear your insensitive and juvenile comments that usually take the form of: "woman are so stupid they don't know people only should bleed when they get hitted with manly rocket launcher lolroflcopter!1!!!" If you have something that is not insulting or sexist to add, please do so.[/B][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I resent that comment. I like to think of women as equals. Heck, stupid girls are one of my pet peeves. As are stupid people in general. At the very least, I'd like to point out that I understand that menstruation is completely natural and would never shoot anyone with a rocket launcher, no matter how manly that rocket launcher may be.

[spoiler]Must be your time of the month.[/spoiler][/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Indigo"]Ah yes, the ever so fun 'time of the month' deal. I don't really have much of one even when it is that time. Something to do with being on the petite side, etc. Plus, since I use birth control, not only does it level you out a bit, that makes the time frame for having one even shorter. It even makes most of the usual pain and other unpleasant side effects quite a bit less too.

Oh and it's easy to cheat so you can make sure it's not at an inconvenient time. As in I got married last Saturday and we're going on our honeymoon later this month. So I simply delayed a week taking it so that week wouldn't happen during either event. =P[/COLOR][/FONT]

I was listening to the radio the other day, and there was a discussion about whether guys have a time of the month where they feel a bit vulnerable as well. Women were calling to discuss how they noticed a pattern in their partner's moods. I'd like to hear the male point of view on this.

[quote name='visualkei']I was listening to the radio the other day, and there was a discussion about whether guys have a time of the month where they feel a bit vulnerable as well. Women were calling to discuss how they noticed a pattern in their partner's moods. I'd like to hear the male point of view on this.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]That's probably around the same time of the month. I'm assuming the "mood patterns" they're referring to are the guys recoiling in terror at their every word.[/FONT]

[quote name='chibi-master'][b]No one wants to hear your insensitive and juvenile comments that usually take the form of: "woman are so stupid they don't know people only should bleed when they get hitted with manly rocket launcher lolroflcopter!1!!!" If you have something that is not insulting or sexist to add, please do so.[/B]:animesmil
[/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]Go make me a sandwich.[/color]

Men do have their time of the month, their just fortunate enough to not have the same issues us women get stuck with. Only thing they get is a tad testy here and there over things. Pay enough attention and you'll notice it.

Luckily I'm not currently being visited by it at the moment though knowing my luck once we start packing for our upcoming move to Texas it's probably going to hit. Always does when something major's happening. Best examples being everytime my husband came out on leave from Iraq before we got married... The week of our wedding... Our anniversary... :animeangr

So apparently I got my monthly surprise today. The pain came in the middle of watching a movie.

Actress: ONOZ! So-and-so is tied to the train tracks and will die if we do-

Me Interrupting: MY STOMAAACH! WHY, GAWD, WHYYY?! AAAAAUGH!!!!!

Needless to say, I'm on enough Ibruprofen to stun a water buffalo now.:animedepr

[quote name='Citric']I haven't gotten my period in well over a year. And no, I'm not pregnant.[/quote]

I think you coulda left that last part off. I sure hope no poor soul has to take more than twelve months to have a baby. Any longer than nine is pushing it... and in my case it was more like seven and a half.

[SIZE="1"]I'm going to be honest and say that I thought this was going to be a thread about Christmas/winter time... :rolleyes: I got excited for a moment.
[STRIKE]I was going to talk about snow. > >;;[/STRIKE]

Anyway, I rarely ever get cramps. I am extremely thankful for that. [/SIZE]

[quote name='CaNz']I think you coulda left that last part off. I sure hope no poor soul has to take more than twelve months to have a baby. Any longer than nine is pushing it... and in my case it was more like seven and a half.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Times New Roman"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Elephants and some species of whales have gestation periods of over a year. Sometimes I think we human females got off lucky.

I was just studying for my human sexuality final when it occurred to me that the study I was reading about claimed Jamaican women think that period blood is a sign of health and womanliness and whatnot. I wonder what they would think about me. I'm on Junel 120, which means my periods are only about two or three days long and extremely light.

Maybe I'm not womanly. If anyone would like to make a Raiha is really a man joke, they can. So I can shoot them in the mouth with a rocket launcher.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Raiha'][FONT="Times New Roman"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Maybe I'm not womanly. If anyone would like to make a Raiha is really a man joke, they can. So I can shoot them in the mouth with a rocket launcher.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]A [SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkRed"]MANLY[/COLOR][/SIZE] rocket launcher, right?

And now that I've said that I just know I'm going to be the one on the business end of said rocket launcher.[/FONT]

[quote name='Raiha'][FONT="Times New Roman"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]
I was just studying for my human sexuality final when it occurred to me that the study I was reading about claimed Jamaican women think that period blood is a sign of health and womanliness and whatnot. I wonder what they would think about me. I'm on Junel 120, which means my periods are only about two or three days long and extremely light.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Heck, I would then be considered the epitome of womanliness then! My pediatrician keeps having to run tests on my blood because for some reason, my periods last about a week and a half (extremely heavy!)and I only have two weeks between each one instead of the normal three to four. She says that's too much blood loss, but I seem to be perfectly healthy as far as the blood tests show.

[quote name='chibi-master']Heck, I would then be considered the epitome of womanliness then! My pediatrician keeps having to run tests on my blood because for some reason, my periods last about a week and a half (extremely heavy!)and I only have two weeks between each one instead of the normal three to four. She says that's too much blood loss, but I seem to be perfectly healthy as far as the blood tests show.[/quote]

Hmmm... The amount of blood lost due to the normal monthly period is usually less than 80ml, and only due to the breakage of small and fine blood vessels. Rest of it is just the endometrium... I'd say if you run into a problem like that again you could check with your doctor and see if putting yourself on the pill might help regulate it. One of my friends had to be put on the pill before she would ever even get a period, and another one has to be on it or something similar to your situation happens with her.