OtakuBoards

Jumping Into the Deep End Right Away

JJ

Well it has been years, literally, since I role played last on the old girl and I figured I'd gauge intrest in something. Problem is, I have a couple of ideas and was curious as to what people are looking for in a RP these days. Are people still looking for the fast paced action packed fantasy adventure, or are you guys into something more? Something different maybe?

Ideawise, basically, I've got an idea involving zombies, fire and flashbacks galore. There's one about a group being thrown into the magic ridden Middle Ages and becoming the heroes of olden, etc. etc. pp.

So any takers? I'm open to anything, I just want a good game with a good group.

[font=franklin gothic medium]I'd personally like to see a zombie RPG, but something, well...[i]good[/i]. I'm sure there have been some reasonable ones here over the years, but I have only really noticed the larger-than-lifes ones which don't seem to have much of a unified plot.

I'd like to see something a bit like 28 Days Later - with elements of sci-fi and some poetic license, but grounded in reality. It would be interesting to see what ideas people would come up with in that situation.

But yeah, I don't really have a preference for a certain type of RPG mostly. For me it really just depends if the Auditions thread grabs my interest in general.[/font]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]Hmm the time travel one piqued my interest, could you give a bit more info on that one JJ ? We did the zombie one a while back and sadly it just sort of fizzled out because there was no overall plot. [/SIZE][/quote]

[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=darkgreen]Yeah, zombies have to have a set plot if you want them to do anything other than try and eat you. Tried that on LJ and that crashed and burned as it became a nasty pot of... yeah. Bad idea. [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=#006400]The time travel idea basically revolves around a group of people, sucked into a time hole caused by an evil mage in the past, who had been using magic. The spell backfired and opened up a wormhole, sucking in the group and dropping them in this mage's room. [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=#006400]The group quickly finds out their arrival had been part of a larger profecy involving them saving the kingdom... pretty much standard fantasy fun stuff at the beginning. Of course, twists and turns would be abound and I think it would be a pretty good ride all in all, if just for the promise of being able to use magic. [/COLOR][/FONT]