Every Time I Die
Emarosa
Enter Shikari
In Fear And Faith
I See Stars
Of Mice and Men
Polar Bear Club
Sum 41

I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. I'm overwhelmed by awesome.[/size]

[SIZE=1]Andrew W.K. is still making music???? I thought he fell off the earth with good reason.... The last thing I saw him doing was a commercail for cartoon network.... which is reallly sad..... I feel sorry for anyone that would suffer through anything he does.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]I mean he's the King Midas of crap. Everything he touch is terrible.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]The rest of the line up looks solid.[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Zen'][size=1]Whitechapel
Parkway Drive
iwrestledabearonce
In Fear And Faith[/size][/QUOTE]
[size=1]The only ones worth going for, in my opinion. Every other band playing there seems to be generic, talentless metalcore bands.

The metal/-core scene is definitely going into the mainstream. No good, in my opinion.

Nonetheless, I'm still gonna call in sick to work to go to this...
._.[/size]

[quote name='boothten'][size=1]The only ones worth going for, in my opinion. Every other band playing there seems to be generic, talentless metalcore bands.

The metal/-core scene is definitely going into the mainstream. No good, in my opinion.

Nonetheless, I'm still gonna call in sick to work to go to this...
._.[/size][/QUOTE]

[size=1]

You honestly believe that Dillinger Escape Plan is a talentless, generic metalcore band?[/size]

[size=1]Honestly? They have their moments with me. I like a few select songs, none of which I can name off the top of my head due to my serious lack of listening to them very often.
I just can't get into them though.
I can respect them for having a fair degree of technicality and originality to some of their songs, but it's just not what I'm into.

Don't even get me started on some of the other bands playing though.
i.e. Emmure, Attack Attack[/size]

[quote name='boothten'][size=1]Honestly? They have their moments with me. I like a few select songs, none of which I can name off the top of my head due to my serious lack of listening to them very often.
I just can't get into them though.
I can respect them for having a fair degree of technicality and originality to some of their songs, but it's just not what I'm into.

Don't even get me started on some of the other bands playing though.
i.e. Emmure, Attack Attack[/size][/QUOTE]

[size=1]

I can understand those two, but I'm a big fan of Bring Me The Horizon and have been since getting into metalcore and what not. Suicide Silence, they're an off-and-on for me, for similar reasons. I prefer their first album greatly.

I'm also a fan of some pop-punk, particularly bands like Set Your Goals and Four Year Strong, so I'm obviously excited to see SYG, Polar Bear Club, Fight Fair, who are very similar.

I'm just a big fan of going to shows in general. Everyband doesn't have to be top-notch for me to enjoy the show itself, its just a fun experience.

But come on man... Dillinger... they taught all these kids how its done back in '99. You gotta love 'em. And Every Time I Die are freakin' legends man. [/size]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Emmure, I'm not fond of one bit. I don't like them much at all, and I never will. Attack Attack isn't horrible but I'm not quite fond of them either. Seeing Bring me the Horizon and In Fear and Faith would be amazing. However, I don't really listen to BMTH much anymore. While I do love them, Asking Alexandria has kind of replaced them for me.[/FONT]

[quote name='markskarl']Hello friends
I wish more of the actual punk groups were on it, though. Bad Religion is not playing this year, which is a shame. Scenesters are starting to ruin this tour for me.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]The town next to mine is filled with scene girls who just go to shows to meet guys and to annoy the rest of us :animesigh[/FONT]

[quote name='markskarl']Hello friends
I wish more of the actual punk groups were on it, though. Bad Religion is not playing this year, which is a shame. Scenesters are starting to ruin this tour for me.[/QUOTE]

[size=1]

The aesthetic of punk is to be in your face, challenge conventional values and to be generally raw stripped down music.

I hate scenesters with no love for the music as much as the next guy, but I think that the current generation of punk and hardcore bands are the natural progression.[/size]

[quote name='Zen'][size=1]I'm just a big fan of going to shows in general. Everyband doesn't have to be top-notch for me to enjoy the show itself, its just a fun experience.[/size][/quote]
[size=1]Very true, I'm going to the After The Burial/Miss May I/Emmure show here in San Diego this Saturday night.
While I can't STAND Emmure, I have to admit the energy they give off during shows is pretty intense, you can't help but wanna move around and fvck sh!t up hahahaha[/size]

[quote name='Zen'][size=1]But come on man... Dillinger... they taught all these kids how its done back in '99. You gotta love 'em. And Every Time I Die are freakin' legends man. [/size][/QUOTE]
:huh:
[size=1]Ehh, not a fan of either of the bands.

I can't wait for Parkway Drive and Whitechapel though!
:3[/size]

[quote name='boothten'][size=1]Very true, I'm going to the After The Burial/Miss May I/Emmure show here in San Diego this Saturday night.
While I can't STAND Emmure, I have to admit the energy they give off during shows is pretty intense, you can't help but wanna move around and fvck sh!t up hahahaha[/size]
[/QUOTE]

[size=1]

That's why I'm not a big critic of bands who emphasize breakdowns in their songs. While all the arm-chair music critics who only listen to music for technicality and extreme skill hate on those kinds of bands (Bring Me The Horizon, Emmure, Suicide Silence, etc), those same bands are always the ones who put on the most intense live shows. That's why they write with breakdowns in mind, because they don't plan on playing to a person in an armchair, they plan to play for thousands of young fans ready to wreck a venue. They write music to be played live, not to be listend to passively.

I understand, love, and respect that.
[/size]

[quote name='Zen'][size=1]

That's why I'm not a big critic of bands who emphasize breakdowns in their songs. While all the arm-chair music critics who only listen to music for technicality and extreme skill hate on those kinds of bands (Bring Me The Horizon, Emmure, Suicide Silence, etc), those same bands are always the ones who put on the most intense live shows. That's why they write with breakdowns in mind, because they don't plan on playing to a person in an armchair, they plan to play for thousands of young fans ready to wreck a venue. They write music to be played live, not to be listend to passively.

I understand, love, and respect that.
[/size][/QUOTE]
[size=1]Touche good sir, touche.

I still love me my After The Burial/Veil Of Maya/etcetcetc loads more though.

I'm pretty excited for the fact that the first stop for Warped this year's gonna be here in San Diego! Usually we're last, so all the bands are really drained and don't have much energy.
But we're first this year, so: :p
haha[/size]

[quote name='boothten'][size=1]Touche good sir, touche.

I still love me my After The Burial/Veil Of Maya/etcetcetc loads more though.

I'm pretty excited for the fact that the first stop for Warped this year's gonna be here in San Diego! Usually we're last, so all the bands are really drained and don't have much energy.
But we're first this year, so: :p
haha[/size][/QUOTE]

[size=1]
Lucky... I'm on the east coast, so... yeah...

And don't get me wrong, I love technical bands. I like Veil of Maya and After The Burial, and I love bands like Between The Buried And Me, Born of Osiris, The Faceless, Psyopus, Decapitated, War From A Harlot's Mouth, and what not. [/size]