HopefulOTaKu Posted January 16, 2010 Posted January 16, 2010 Okay, is it just me or does anyone else sometimes wish they had one of those backpacks like in those mangas? Such as Ouran High school host club, code e, Gals,kare kano, ultra cute, azumanga daioh, and many many more. I am not talking about the larger lumpy looking ones-[IMG]http://giverslog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Hideo-Randoseru-Japanese-Backpack.jpg[/IMG]not to say that they are not nice, but just that they are not what I am referring to. I am talking more about the breifcasy looking ones. I would post a picture, but i couldn't find one TT^TT Hopefully most people know what I am talking about though. does anyone know where to get one? or more about what they are on the inside? they might just be empty..but I feel like they probably have organizers or something. YAY I FOUND IT! how did that happen ;;^_^ anyways, here is a pic :) [URL="http://www.jlist.com/IMAGE/bickx"][IMG]http://images3.jlist.com/f3/high_bag_j11_small.gif[/IMG][/URL][URL="http://www.jlist.com/IMAGE/DURap"][IMG]http://images3.jlist.com/f3/high_bag_j12_small.gif[/IMG][/URL] -feels really dumb- you can buy it here- [URL]http://www.jlist.com/PRODUCT/MKY001[/URL] but it's like $200 O.o
chibi-master Posted January 17, 2010 Posted January 17, 2010 [quote name='HopefulOTaKu'] I am not talking about the larger lumpy looking ones-[IMG]http://giverslog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Hideo-Randoseru-Japanese-Backpack.jpg[/IMG].[/QUOTE] You're not the only one!:animesmil But I prefer the clunky ones. Seems like it'd be easier to carry lots of stuff in. Although most of the clunky ones are so cute that they look like they should be carrying a pokemon or something in them instead of school stuff.
pax et agape Posted January 17, 2010 Posted January 17, 2010 I used to have a bag kind of like that but I have no idea what happened to it. I'm rather fond of my messenger bag, though: [IMG]http://www.travelgearblog.com/files/2007/11/laptop-case.jpg[/IMG]
HopefulOTaKu Posted January 17, 2010 Author Posted January 17, 2010 [quote name='pax et agape']I used to have a bag kind of like that but I have no idea what happened to it. I'm rather fond of my messenger bag, though: [IMG]http://www.travelgearblog.com/files/2007/11/laptop-case.jpg[/IMG][/quote] that is cool :) [quote name='chibi-master']You're not the only one!:animesmil But I prefer the clunky ones. Seems like it'd be easier to carry lots of stuff in. Although most of the clunky ones are so cute that they look like they should be carrying a pokemon or something in them instead of school stuff.[/quote] true, but I never see those backpacks in manga, so thats probably why i dont want one as much. They are cute though. It annoys me that american text books are so big and heavy cuz the ones in Japan are small and perfect for that backpack, there is no way I could actually use that bag for school, but its soooo cool
Rachmaninoff Posted January 17, 2010 Posted January 17, 2010 [FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Hey HopefulOTaKu, I merged your double posts together. For future reference, if you want to add more and your post is the last one, just use the edit button in the lower right hand corner of your post, instead of double posting. Anyway, I can't say I've ever wanted one of those anime backpacks, especially one that runs to the tune of $200. That's way too steep in my opinion. [/FONT]
conpiracymonki Posted January 17, 2010 Posted January 17, 2010 [quote name='pax et agape'][IMG]http://www.travelgearblog.com/files/2007/11/laptop-case.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE] [size=1]I have a bag kinda like that, except the strap is an actual seatbelt :)[/size]
Raiha Posted January 18, 2010 Posted January 18, 2010 [COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Mine is more of a purse, and I adore it. People always ask me questions about it, and I'm happy to say that it's both Japanese, and leather. His name is Owen. [IMG]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb291/yukatawarehouse/Bodyline/RabbitBag.jpg[/IMG][/FONT][/COLOR]
Sara Posted January 19, 2010 Posted January 19, 2010 [font=helvetica]"Briefcase backpack" turns up a few results on Google shopping. The cheaper ones (~50 USD) are advertised as laptop bags, but it looks like more or less the same thing to me. If you really wanted, I'm sure you could find a suitable bag at a thrift store and modify it to be used as a backpack.[/font]
HopefulOTaKu Posted January 19, 2010 Author Posted January 19, 2010 [quote name='Sara'][FONT=helvetica]"Briefcase backpack" turns up a few results on Google shopping. The cheaper ones (~50 USD) are advertised as laptop bags, but it looks like more or less the same thing to me.[/FONT] [FONT=helvetica]If you really wanted, I'm sure you could find a suitable bag at a thrift store and modify it to be used as a backpack.[/FONT][/quote] yea but my modifying skills are *cough cough* not the best in the world
akemiii Posted January 21, 2010 Posted January 21, 2010 [SIZE="1"]The top red one is more of an elementary school thing. If you're looking to buy one, Lawrara Shop stocks a lot of popular styles. There's one kind of like the one you posted for about $45[/SIZE]
demon39536 Posted January 23, 2010 Posted January 23, 2010 I want one of those bags, they are really cool and not too big. The only problem is that they are small enough that I can't think of a goof use for them. I could use it for cosplay I guess, but the only costume I have is Soi Fon from Bleach.
SaiyanPrincessX Posted January 23, 2010 Posted January 23, 2010 [SIZE="1"]I could see myself wanting that pink backpack about ten years ago. I do have a messenger bag similar to the black one that I got when I was really into MegaTokyo. Its sitting on the floor in my closet now though, lol. [/SIZE]
Sara Posted January 24, 2010 Posted January 24, 2010 [quote name='SaiyanPrincessX'][SIZE="1"]I could see myself wanting that pink backpack about ten years ago. I do have a messenger bag similar to the black one that I got when I was really into MegaTokyo. Its sitting on the floor in my closet now though, lol. [/SIZE][/QUOTE][font=helvetica]Every year or so I go on a Megatokyo binge and read all of the comics that have come out since I last visited the site. Days in Megatokyo are really, really long.[/font]
HopefulOTaKu Posted January 30, 2010 Author Posted January 30, 2010 [quote name='Sara'][FONT=helvetica]Every year or so I go on a Megatokyo binge and read all of the comics that have come out since I last visited the site. [/FONT] [FONT=helvetica]Days in Megatokyo are really, really long.[/FONT][/quote] me too, though I usually just read the books. I'm not that found of reading manga on the computer.
Katie! Posted January 30, 2010 Posted January 30, 2010 I used to have a messenger bag but I always filled it with way too much crap, so now this is what I carry around for school: [img]http://www.vineyardvines.com/VV_product/media/2AF8300.525.a.detail.jpg[/img] I love it. :3
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now