OtakuBoards

13 things I've learned

ChibiHorsewoman

[COLOR=#9933ff][FONT=monotype corsiva][SIZE=4]Okay after this I swear I'm going to bed. All this thread is about is the thirteen things (more or less) that you've learned during your 13 years (more or less) in school. If you went to daycare or pre school or college you'll have more. If you didn't or you're still in school you'll have less. If you attened school outside of the US please be kind and explain some stuff for us thick headed Americans.

[B][center][U]Here are mine:[/U][/center][/B]

1.) [B]Daycare: [/B]Being in the daycare next to the ice cream place doesn't always mean you'll get ice cream

2.) [B]Pre-School:[/B] Everything is a portrait- be it badly drawn trees or a funky looking porcupine.

3.) [B]Kindergarten: [/B] (Neil Armstrong) Even if no one cares that your foster brother is now your real brother tell them. Also screw it if your teacher tells you you're supposed to draw a circle around the object not outline it.

4.) [B]First Grade: [/B] (Neil Armstrong) Mean teachers can totally ruin school for you but hey at least you get to go to a new one.

5.) [B]Second Grade[/B] (Nazareth Hall) You go to school with your brother now, uniforms suck and there is in fact a bus hierarchy. Uniforms for gym and class are yucky.

6.) [B]Third Grade[/B] (Nazareth Hall) Some teachers will tell you about all the bad things they did when they were young, there's class hierarchy too.Ducks look really freaky when they're first born. And the best way to clean off your eraser is on the carpet. Uniforms for gym and class are still yucky.

7.) [B]Fourth Grade[/B] (Nazareth Hall) It's not weird to have your aunt's teacher as your teacher. And the 'Miss America wave' is more appropriate than saying you need to pee. Uniforms still yucky.

8.) [B]Fifth Grade:[/B] (Nazareth Hall) Girls can be meaner than boys no matter what anyone says.

9. [B]Sixth Grade: [/B] (Nazareth Hall/ Hillside) Eleven year olds don't really think of Karma, but it does suck to be the odd one out. Time outs are odd, but you could be in one soon. It's hard to explain to people where exactly you go to schoo.

10.) [b]seventh grade:[/b] (Hillside) It's still hard to explain to people where you go to school. Having no homework will come back to bite you in the butt and cursing a lot can get you suspended.

11.) [B]Eighth grade:[/B] (Hillside) Being in a small (6 person) class where the guys are usually suspended for days at a time is actually in your favour. Here comes homework.

12.) [B]ninth through twelfth grade:[/B] (Gates Chili) No matter how many times you explain it to the idiot down the street the special ed kids aren't in the non existant school basement. You don't have two lunch periods either, but he's too dumb to know that. Some popular people have way too many insecurities but they don't like it when their target stands up to them to point it out. People are dumb enough to think that you can be both a lesbian and stealing someone's boyfriend (seriously get your rumors cross referenced kai?) That head principal and you will meet again and Karma will be good to you- you just don't know it yet. Your 9th/10th grade math teacher is indeed a moron and so are most of the school heads- especially when they think that having your class go around in a circle to say why they hate you is a good idea and you shouldn't get mad at that. That ex boyfriend of yours will one day become a crazy stalker. Being the smart one in a class of boys can make everyone upset. And putting up with four years of crap can make you admirable and a better person. (Provide you don't do yourself in and have a great friend to vent to)

13.) [B]Freshman year of college [/B]FLCC: Believe it or not your classmates will complain to your roommates about the fact that you ask questions in class then your roommates will complain. :confused:

14.) [B]Two week NYS HHA certification class: [/B] Asking questions and being a talkative people person can be in your favor. Not studying gets you a 98 out of 100 on your New York state certification final but studying probably would've gotten you 100.

So there's mine, I'm going to bed for another few hours. TTFN.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[B]Daycare:[/B] If you have to fight dirty, do it when you're losing.

[B]Pre-School:[/B] Teachers are really surprised when you can read small books at age 5.

[B]Kindergarten:[/B]
Do not spell rock without a 'k' just because you dared yourself to and because you didn't use the 'K' letter book yet (ignoring that you haven't used 'O' or 'R' yet either).

[B]1st Grade:[/B] If you condition yourself to rush through your work and still do well, then there's no shame in racing that one kid to get the Calvin and Hobbes book. You WILL get in trouble for calling that one little b**** a moron.

[B]2nd Grade:[/B] If the teacher is wrong and you KNOW it, then never give up the argument. Even if she sends a note home to your parents saying that you "sassed her".

[B]3rd Grade:[/B] Your ego gets a big boost when you help a 5th grader read a chapter book.

[B]4th Grade:[/B] Pretending to be in the Old West for a day is the best history class experience EVER for a 10 year old.

[B]5th Grade:[/B] Sylvan Learning Center is a load of crap.

[B]6th Grade:[/B] Sometimes it takes a move to a different state to find your best friend.

[B]7th Grade:[/B] Some teachers are just the best teachers you will ever remember, period.

[B]8th Grade:[/B] Trip to Boston= Best 3 Day of My Life.

[B]Freshman Year of High School:[/B] Don't give up your bus seat to the Senior harpies. Use big words in your argument for maximum confusion.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I think there was a thread like this a few years ago. I wonder what I wrote.

No kindergarten.

1st grade - "Hell" is not a word to be shouted in a classroom.

2nd grade - You shouldn't do your homework in yellow marker.

3rd grade - Giant pandas have opposable thumbs.

4th grade - You can't wear a rosary around your neck.

5th grade - Moving sucks.

6th grade - Homeschooling sucks.

7th grade - Oh, god, Marta, you're awkward.

8th grade - Your friends are so stupid.

9th grade - Boyfriends are overrated.

10th grade - A lot of friends are pretty overrated, too.

11th grade - You should learn how to play the guitar someday.

12th grade - Don't freakin' date someone who's a billion states away. Ugh, just a bad idea.

Freshman year of college - Having too busy a social life is not a good thing.

Sophomore year of college - Having too dull a social life is not a good thing.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[size=1][b]Second grade: [/b]When Sarah T-F tries to convince you that your name only has one syllable because it lacks an ultimate 'h', hold your ground. You are right, and she lacks basic knowledge of phonetics.

[b]Third grade[/b]: When several of your classmates try to convince you that Texas, not Alaska, is the biggest state, hold your ground. You are right, and they lack basic knowledge of geography.

[b]Fourth grade[/b]: When your entire class [i]and your teacher[/i] try to convince you that the blood in your body is blue, not red, hold your ground. You are right, and they lack basic knowledge of human biology.[/size]

Kindergarten – Watching a space shuttle disintegrate on live television quickly squashes a young boys dream to become an astronaut.

First grade – Be careful when hanging upside down from a high object, especially over gravel. If your not it will be extremely painful when the doctor is setting your breaks and pulling out gravel.

Second grade – Siblings can be annoying at times but, you are one of the lucky ones, you will never be without someone who understands you.

Third grade – Friendship among a group of boys often means that one person is singled out and made fun of. When it is your turn, take the teasing with a grain of salt, soon you’ll have the opportunity to gang up on one of them.

Fifth grade – The day after you beat your friend in a fight invite him to your home and resolve whatever the quarrel was (over video games is often best).

Sixth grade – Love can be cruel and unrequited.

Seventh grade – To quote Stephen King: “I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus does anybody?” The best (and truest) two sentences Stephen King ever wrote.

Eighth grade – Beware of teachers, they often know less than they lead on.

Ninth grade – Bigotry is not a characteristic found only in uneducated white people.

Tenth grade – If you obsess over one person you will miss out on a dozen more spectacular ones right in front of you.

Eleventh grade – Doing stupid things may help make you more popular. If definitely makes you a bigger jack-***.

Twelfth grade – It is easier to get stoned than to try and figure out who you really are.

College year one – Drunken debauchery may sound like fun but engaging in it long term leaves with no lessons to learn (except of course that lecherous drunks are unlikely to learn anything while they are being lecherous drunks).

College year two – While you may resent your parents for screwing you up as a child always remember that they are undoubtedly more concerned about your well-being than you are.

College year three - If you have a conscience than try to avoid hurting the ones you care for. It leads to an endless amount of sleepless nights.

College year four – Hard work coupled with talent goes a long way.

College year five – Allowing a woman to hate you for no reason after a break up is far nobler than gossiping or trying to immediately be their friend.

College year six – People think more of you when you are gracious and humble in your success.

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]I almost forgot: [B]College Freshman year- [/B] Beware the crazy stalker guy you're overly flirty roommate invites into your apartment. Chocolate pudding will indeed stick to doors and your landlord is in fact an *** and won't be thrilled by your voicemail message insisting that he salt the sidewalks so you don't fracture your ankle on your way to class.

And Tape person, yes we did this thread a few years ago. But I need a cure for boredum.[/color][/font][/size]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Chocolate pudding will indeed stick to doors and your landlord is in fact an *** and won't be thrilled by your voicemail message insisting that he salt the sidewalks so you don't fracture your ankle on your way to class.[/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE][font=helvetica]I just can't keep up with you. What does chocolate pudding have to do with your landlord's responsibility to keep the sidewalks clear?[/font]

[quote name='Sara'][font=helvetica]I just can't keep up with you. What does chocolate pudding have to do with your landlord's responsibility to keep the sidewalks clear?[/font][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]My bad, the chocolate pudding actually went along with the crazy guy in my off campus apartment. Before he'd left he'd squirted our dishwashing liquid on the kitchen floor, tore up the small living area and then threw pudding. Yeah, community colleges have their nut jobs and I did in fact press charges since the guy wouldn't leave when he was asked to do so. I threw him out physically.

Also my landlord wasn't happy that we'd gotten the cops to come in the first place. Too friggin' bad.[/color][/font][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Sara'][size=1][b]Fourth grade[/b]: When your entire class [i]and your teacher[/i] try to convince you that the blood in your body is blue, not red, hold your ground. You are right, and they lack basic knowledge of human biology.[/size][/QUOTE]

[color=darkred][size=1]....[i]wut[/i]? Did that really happen? I must know more about this. It sounds hilarious.[/color][/size]

• 1 month later...
[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'](Nazareth Hall)[/QUOTE]

The Nazareths have their own halls at schools now?? Interesting. The Nazareth are very set in their ways, having very strong opinions, some of which people might even consider to be wrong. After all, would it be right to force these ideologies into children? It seems like a very dangerous situation to me and believe you me, I'd know.

So, just who are The Nazareth??

The Nazareth are first and foremost, the nine. Once men who succumbed to dark powers, they have been doomed to roam the Earth in limbo, creating an eery presence wherever their curious errands may take them. While they also have horses, that DOESN'T mean that everyone with a horse is a ring wraith!! This means that should you bump into anybody with a horse you should NOT (I repeat, NOT) necessarily attack them.

The best way to deal with a ring wraith is actually to run away as fast as you can, potentially incorporating evasive forward rolls and cartwheels into your escape routine.

[quote name='Wizard Phoenix']The Nazareths have their own halls at schools now?? Interesting. The Nazareth are very set in their ways, having very strong opinions, some of which people might even consider to be wrong. After all, would it be right to force these ideologies into children? It seems like a very dangerous situation to me and believe you me, I'd know.

The Nazareth are first and foremost, the nine. Once men who succumbed to dark powers, they have been doomed to roam the Earth in limbo, creating an eery presence wherever their curious errands may take them. While they also have horses, that DOESN'T mean that everyone with a horse is a ring wraith!! This means that should you bump into anybody with a horse you should NOT (I repeat, NOT) necessarily attack them.

The best way to deal with a ring wraith is actually to run away as fast as you can, potentially incorporating evasive forward rolls and cartwheels into your escape routine.[/QUOTE]

.....I'm so very hopeful that this is a joke. If not, it's the name of her school she went to, okay?:animesmil

[quote name='Wizard Phoenix']The Nazareths have their own halls at schools now?? Interesting. The Nazareth are very set in their ways, having very strong opinions, some of which people might even consider to be wrong. After all, would it be right to force these ideologies into children? It seems like a very dangerous situation to me and believe you me, I'd know.

The best way to deal with a ring wraith is actually to run away as fast as you can, potentially incorporating evasive forward rolls and cartwheels into your escape routine.[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4] The Nazareth in question refers to Jesus of Nazareth, it was my elementary school/ middle school and run by the Sisters of Saint Joseph. There is (an all girls high school called Nazareth Academy which will be disolved June of this year due to low enrollment.

I didn't know about the other Nazareth. :animesigh[/color][/font][/size]

[COLOR="Red"][B]Pre-K[/B]: Just because you turn into a miniature Hulk when angry/ decide to be a jerk for the lulz, this does not mean that every kid on the playground will not drop what they are doing and tackle you and stop you in your tracks, and yes, it will hold you down until the teacher arrives to deal with you. And no, your mother is not afraid to take you off school grounds and bust your tail end if necessary.

[B]Kindergarten[/B]: You are apparently a freak if you're ambidextrous. Also ice cream is delicious, but you can no haz if you are bad.

[B]First grade[/B]: Fifty percent of all bus drivers are insane and will not hesitate to attempt to run you over if you don't get off the road in a timely fashion. It is also apparently dangerous to go into a ditch to retrieve a frisbee because a car could hit you.

[B]Second grade[/B]: Just because you've been in a new school for two weeks does not mean you know who's who just yet. Always make sure you know that that woman you're about to tell is not your boss is actually your principal.

[B]Third grade[/B]: School systems can be very evil sometimes when a new school is being built and move you. Also reading is good, and so is Pokemon.

[B]Fourth grade[/B]: Don't say that you are a good athlete when returning to a former school unless you really are one. In fact, don't bluff, period.

[B]Fifth grade[/B]: Teachers are not always srs biz. However, they will follow the rules when told to do so, and are therefore not afraid to take up everyone's Yu-Gi-Oh cards and toss them around the playground. Also, do not run on tile floor when you are about to throw up- your back will be screaming in pain for weeks.

[B]Sixth grade[/B]: Lockers suck. 'Nuff said.

[B]Seventh grade:[/B] There are people who can in fact read your Poker Face. Acting like an idiot will make you look just that- like an idiot.

[B]Eighth grade[/B]: When someone gets in your face for no apparent reason, and you decide to push them in order to get them out of your face, duck. Otherwise you will receive a fist to the face.

[B]Ninth grade[/B]: Just as some teachers are not always srs biz, there are teachers who are complete douchebags and will go completely out of their way screw up any chance you and other students may have at obtaining a scholarship for lulz. Being a douchebag right back will not help he situation, but it can often provide amusing results. Also, just because you've been friends with someone for years, it does not mean that they aren't going to stab you in the back.

[B]Tenth grade[/B]: Throwing a bottle at a friend will get you ISS. Oh, and despite what others have told you before, you may not roam around the school during lunch...but don't let the rules stop you. Also, while watching movies in class, your jacket works as a great cover for your DS.

[B]Eleventh grade[/B]: Do not type simple things like 'anime pictures' into Photobucket on a school computer. This can often have bad results and land you in a ton of unwanted trouble, and earn you a year long title of 'pervert/sicko' from others. Although this CAN cause some lulzy effects on the tech guy. And contrary to popular belief, you can pass all your classes with at least a B and spend every day asleep in said classes.

[B]Twelfth grade[/B]: There is no hope remaining for humanity, or at least humanity within a one hundred mile radius. Also, you will spend more for graduation related items, including cap and gown, than you have on school supplies during your thirteen years of schooling combined.

[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[font=arial narrow][size=2]

[B][center][U]Here are mine:[/U][/center][/B]

1.) [B]Daycare: [/B] Never attended. Or Don't remember hah.

2.) [B]Pre-School:[/B] Being bossy means you'll get your way. However, punching the snot nosed ginger starts a feud that lasts until highschool and you'll be having a lot of detentions from now on. However you will talk to ur principal for the rest of your life seeing as your parents are now friends with her after so many visits. ;)

3.) [B]Kindergarten: [/B] Enrolled in a small private school. KG - 6th grade. Boys are gross. They try and throw mud at you. Avoid sandbox at all times.

4.) [B]First Grade: [/B] Had crush on boy named Derrek. Memo your best friend Karissa also likes him too. You all get married on playground. Good times.

5.) [B]Second Grade[/B] Have week long detention for red haired kid. Hate ginger kid, he must go down.

6.) [B]Third Grade[/B] Most amazing teacher ever however wierdest last name of "gaspirini" mix of gas and aspirin. Learn I love to read and write and create stories with my new best friend. Ironically realize I'm the most popular girl in my class and bff with the most disliked girl in class.

7.) [B]Fourth Grade[/B] Being a brat in class has its positives and negatives. Still more detention.

8.) [B]Fifth Grade:[/B] Revenge of the ginger he gets you atleast 2 1/2 weeks of detention and no breaks. Curses. Did I mention hes also your next door neighbor? Which equals bullying after school.

9. [B]Sixth Grade: [/B] Private school goes bankrupt. You are then transferred halfway through the year into a school where you know no one and it is much larger. You go from a private school where you grew up with everyone, to a middle school that is 5th through 8th grade. Sadness. You are a dork with no friends. Only positive thing? No more ginger at school. Still neighbor.

10.) [b]seventh grade:[/b] Meet best friend who you will stay friends till the present. You hate her at first, but give it time. After she bites you, you find out shes really a cool person honest.

11.) [B]Eighth grade:[/B] Middle school hell. You hate it but you grit your teeth and bear it your best friend makes it worth while. You are a complete and utter nerd. Don't worry it wont last forever.

12.) [B]ninth through twelfth grade:[/B] Freshman year you wear your hair in pigtails, and have braces. Don't worry this awkward stage doesn't last. You grow up. You are there with your best friend from middle school. Junior Year, you gain some confidence and start excelling in school however go back into independent study for awhile. Senior year you meet your ex boyfriend of five years. ew...enough said.

13.) [B]College[/b]: All the nerds including you are now hot. And the hottest jock in school that u dated for about a month freshman year when you were a nerd, is like 300 pounds and cant get a date. Your more confident in your own skin, and you excell more at what you do, all those awkward dorky moments are gone including the braces. That guy from middle school that use to call you ugly and taunt you SO badly in PE now drools all over you like a dinosaur. Ginger has moved away no longer your neighbor. You live on your own. You are one sexy beast.

Lesson? Karma's a b*tch.

TTFN.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE="1"][B]Day-Care:[/B] Your mother doesn't care how well you are at the moment, you will be taken away if your she finds a scratch on you that the workers can't explain.

[B]Pre-Kindergarten:[/B] Naps are great and parmesean cheese is made to be sprinkled on pizza.

[B]Kindergarten:[/B] You never fall asleep during nap time unless they're giving out a prize that you don't know about.

[B]1st Grade:[/B] You can make your own cheese in a frying pan.

[B]2nd Grade:[/B] I obviously did something to my 1st grade teacher who was also my 2nd grade teacher who then quit once I moved on to the 3rd.

[B]3rd Grade:[/B] Girls are smarter than boys.

[B]4th Grade:[/B] 4th graders aren't very mature when it comes to cameras.

[B]5th Grade:[/B] When you're teacher is racist, it's not good to be the darkest person in the classroom. And no one cares when you're screaming at a young adult whos dragging you by the wrist through the hallway.

[B]6th Grade:[/B] Boys are idiots and Vermont is a state.

[B]7th Grade:[/B] All the cool kids are black and dress in designer clothes and curse.
[B]
8th Grade:[/B] Girls are jerks.

[B]9th Grade:[/B] Girls are pretty.

[B]10th Grade:[/B] Black girls are jerks. White girls are pretty.

[B]11th Grade:[/B] Growing up in a school where the top two majorities are minorities can really mess up your head.

[B]12th Grade:[/B] Friends aren't real friends when you have to approach them about everything and them never you and you debate whether or not you can trust them before telling them anything.

[B]Freshman Year of College:[/B] Moon bounces are still fun but putting girls and guys together annoys the hell out of me.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]Pre-K: You can't depend on other people to tie your shoes your whole life.

Kindergarten: When given the choice of playing with blocks or learning to read, always pick learning to read. Also, you are incapable of taking naps. Sorry.

First grade: Sometimes people are mean and nasty for no discernible reason.

Second: You are "sick." You can go home.

Third: Pokemon is the best invention known to man.

Fourth: Just because you look like a boy doesn't mean you are one.

Fifth: Ten is apparently too old to wear a costume to school.

Sixth: You can in fact be late to third period even though your second period class was in the exact same room.

Seventh: Not everyone is going to enjoy your brand of humor.

Eighth: Friends are the most important thing to have.

Ninth: You will survive.

Tenth: To make ice cream, put rock salt and ice in a large plastic bag, then cream and sugar in a small one. Put the small bag in the large bag. Shake vigorously. Enjoy.

Eleventh: People change, and so do you. It's a good thing.

Twelfth: Learn from your mistakes.

First year of college: **** anything that doesn't make you happy.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Pumpkin'][font=arial narrow][size=2]

13.) [B]College[/b]: All the nerds including you are now hot. And the hottest jock in school that u dated for about a month freshman year when you were a nerd, is like 300 pounds and cant get a date.

Lesson? Karma's a b*tch.
[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font=treubuchet ms] UHHHHH this is like the falsest thing I've ever heard.[/font]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=treubuchet ms] UHHHHH this is like the falsest thing I've ever heard.[/font][/QUOTE][size=1]You know the scary thing?

It's actually true and that I can prove with pictures. Hottest jock in school is around 300 pounds, lives with mom, and is currently single ladies whoo hoo!. While the biggest dork, is now finishing up his masters in microbiology and also a model for a prestigious company for new york fashion week. I think I can pull up some of his undwear model adds somewhere his name in school was PJ but now I think he goes by Patrick or something else......his girlfriend is a promotional model for red bull in san francisco as well.

It's funny cause my bff dated him out of pity one time in junior high and I told her she should dump him....>.<; He had a rat tail and big 80's glasses.

Be careful who you pick on in school.

OH FYI, I will always be super fine ;) I am MCLovin![/size]

• 3 weeks later...