Guest Matt Posted January 14, 2002 Posted January 14, 2002 What type of internet connection do u have?? I have 56k and hate it. dsl and cable are not avalible in my area.
Defcon5 Posted January 14, 2002 Posted January 14, 2002 Hell if I know. All I know is that it uses our second phone line. So a dial up. but which one is that?
Sui Generis Posted January 14, 2002 Posted January 14, 2002 I believe then it would be 56k modem! :D Anyway...I have DSL although we are going to change to RoadRunner ASAP! Our modem is dying and it cost almost 300 to replpace it in Kansas. So it would be cheaper to get Road Runner, although Road Runner is abit slower..oh well...I never knew there was anything higher than cable. Go figure. What is higher than cable?
Guest Matt Posted January 14, 2002 Posted January 14, 2002 well, cable is faster than dsl, and so your upgrading. above cable are T1, T2 and T3. they are for companies who put 200 computers on one line. tho bill gates has this thing that's downloads at a gig a second. i got a 60 gig hard drive, so it would take him 60 seconds to d/l my hard drive.....so sad.
Sui Generis Posted January 14, 2002 Posted January 14, 2002 OH I get it. Yeah but cable can be clogged up if more users get on it. DSL is an independent modem so it goes the same fast butt speed no matter what! :D 60 gig a sec!!!!:eek: Is anyone up for a robbery tonight? :naughty:
Justin Posted January 14, 2002 Posted January 14, 2002 I'm on a 56k modem. I want a cable connection, though. Alas...the payments... -Justin
Shy Posted January 14, 2002 Posted January 14, 2002 [SIZE=1]I'm on a cable connection when I am at home. It goes so fast compared to my old 56k line, I love it! ^-^[/SIZE]
~Videl~ Posted January 14, 2002 Posted January 14, 2002 [color=blue]I'm on a regular phone line with a 56k modem that usually runs at maximum 38K :bawl: because of our horrible old phone lines here. It's so unfair, cable won't come down our road either.[/color]
Red Posted January 14, 2002 Posted January 14, 2002 [B]I doubt very highly that Bill Gates has an internet connection that can download at 1 gig a second. Since that is one thousand mb a second and the fastest line available is 35mb a second or so. I have a standard 56k modem but I'm upgrading to broadband[/B]
Sara Posted January 14, 2002 Posted January 14, 2002 [FONT=century gothic]I have 56k, but that doesn't means it ever connects at that......[/FONT] :rolleyes: :mad:
Kuja Posted January 14, 2002 Posted January 14, 2002 [SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]im on cable right now... thou we had a T3 connection at ohio state... and we are going to change to a T4 or T5 in the next 2 years... i have already seen a T5... omfg that thing is crazy fast... like it would post before you hit the post button it is so fast.[/color][/font][/size]
D. Dark Posted January 14, 2002 Posted January 14, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ~Videl~ [/i] [B][color=blue]I'm on a regular phone line with a 56k modem that usually runs at maximum 38K :bawl: because of our horrible old phone lines here. It's so unfair, cable won't come down our road either.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] Same here:bawl: But it's too technical for me. I know what they are, I just don't know how they work (The technical aspects, at least...)
Lady Macaiodh Posted January 14, 2002 Posted January 14, 2002 i have no freakin' clue. i can't have the net at my house since there's only two phone hook ups, one in the living room & one in the upstairs hall. i go to the vcu library & use the computer lab. they seem to be pretty fast, though--mostly.
PiroMunkie Posted January 14, 2002 Posted January 14, 2002 [SIZE=1]Bleh, 56K, I don't like it too much when I [i]could[/i] hacve cable or DSL or something like that. But nooooooooo parents too cheap... even with the reduced rpice offers for the cable modem on tv they still won't fork over the dough. Grr.. dumb 56K, doesn't even connect at the :flaming:[/SIZE]
Heaven's Cloud Posted January 15, 2002 Posted January 15, 2002 [color=indigo]Right now I have a 56k, and it connects around 14.4 or At least it seems that way. At school we had a T3 and it was wicked fast...unfortunatly, to get a T3 where I live costs wicked money:bawl: [/color]
DeathKnight Posted January 15, 2002 Posted January 15, 2002 [color=crimson]Cable... Time Warner Cable Sevice... *shrugs* Only cable service in San Antonio... Better than that free crap i was using before... Actually Cable is pretty good...[/color]
MysticGohan Posted January 15, 2002 Posted January 15, 2002 [color=royalblue][size=1]Well, as of right now.. I am running on cable.. T3 is pretty sweet. My dad has it in his building. It's expensive as hell..but it's worth it. My cousin who works in San Jose (something Valley) has seen the fastest internet connection ever made and more neat things. The connection he and many other buildings i.e. Microsoft and such, use the element we know as mercury. Once you place data on one side, you'll [b]instantly[/b] recieve that data on the other side. It's even faster than the speed of light. I found that very very impressive. But, this type of internet is worth billions.. Off note: The technology in San Jose/Santa Clara is approx. 40 years ahead of the technology today. So yeah, 1960's, they had Digital TV, Flat screens...and the internet. There's a ton of info I got from my cousin... I get to test out technology this summer, that you won't even see until 2040's... :eek: - MG[/size][/color]
Fall Posted January 15, 2002 Posted January 15, 2002 I have a stinking slow 56k modme. It's too slow for people who live on a farm!! :mad: The fastest I've ever seen mine go is 3.57k!! :angry2: Grrrrrrr...... And it uses our second phone line...... And cable or higher isn't availuable here, we have to order it from the city...... :mad:
Posthumous Posted January 16, 2002 Posted January 16, 2002 I have DSL.It's super fast (but my PC crashes b/c of all my memory)
The One Posted January 16, 2002 Posted January 16, 2002 [B]I have 56k and i hate it aswell, i can't afford to get broadband. The most used connection is 56k according to the poll[/B]
KyJaUn~FuLlEr Posted January 16, 2002 Posted January 16, 2002 I got 56k it sucks so badly so slow i want a faster modem :flaming:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now