Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[CENTER][SIZE=1][IMG]http://www.akiba-station.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/ms_unicorn_logo.png[/IMG][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE=1][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gundam_Unicorn"][B]Obligatory Wiki link[/B][/URL][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
[SIZE=1]
So Sunrise's latest foray into the Gundam universe aired the day before yesterday with the first of six adaptations of the Gundam Unicorn light novels. I have to say I was rather pleased with the finished product, the style for the anime is modern while at the same time the visuals are all clearly reminiscent of the original series and its sequels. Funnily enough I've never got around to watching the original series, something I may have to remedy.

Anyway anyone else watching Unicorn ?
[/SIZE]
Posted
[size=1][color=darkred]I'm not big on the mecha genre outside of a couple series here and there. (Code Geass has been entertaining and I really enjoyed IGPX, and the 1st episode of Gun Sword has really caught my interest) Gundam 00's first season was great, but the 2nd season caused me to lose interest for some apparent reason. (I don't know what happened, but it just got boring to me) I may give unicorn a shot, but I wouldn't bank on it. [/size][/color]
Posted
i need to get more gundam manga.. but in the anime world i have watched almost all of them. The original series is quite good. though the characters lack the same depth as the the others the action is much more believable since it focuses on a more realistic version of war, something code geass and other mech animes lack. gundam also has always been good with the antagonists. both sides usually have "good guys" on them, making the battles seem to matter more.
Posted
[quote name='Gavin'][CENTER][SIZE=1]
[SIZE=1] Funnily enough I've never got around to watching the original series, something I may have to remedy.

Anyway anyone else watching Unicorn ?
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Now would be a good time to do that. Sunrise is officially streaming the original series for a limited time (until April 22nd on CrunchyRoll and ANN and until March 25th on Youtube) along with a few other Gundam series. Despite the corny opening/sometimes laughable dub, it's pretty good.

Anyway, I've considered watching Unicorn, but I want to get through these other Gundam series I've been meaning to watch first.
Posted
[SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Who the hell let the Neue Ziel and Zaku II have a kid? Kshatyria is so damn OP its sexy.

Although all the designs in unicorn were rockin'. I even liked the GMs![/FONT][/SIZE]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...