OtakuBoards

Vistor messenger thingy

Magus

[size=1][color=navy]I never what it was called. It goes like, you click on someone's username, and you get to post messages on the ..um.. page? In a sense it's similar to posting on someones wall, guest book or something of that nature. I'm just wondering has this ever been done or considered. I know there's private messenger and aim, but I thought I'd throw that out there.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Magus'][size=1][color=navy]I never what it was called. It goes like, you click on someone's username, and you get to post messages on the ..um.. page? In a sense it's similar to posting on someones wall, guest book or something of that nature. I'm just wondering has this ever been done or considered. I know there's private messenger and aim, but I thought I'd throw that out there.[/size][/color][/QUOTE][FONT="Georgia"]Guestbook! There's one for theotaku portfolio pages.

You're interested in having one at the forums?

[/FONT]

[COLOR=Blue]They are indeed called visitor messages and they're a feature in newer versions of the vBulletin software which we'll have here by default should we wind up upgrading. The "page" you're referring to is the new member profile and has some other new features, in addition to a completely new layout, as well. You'll have to ask James about a possible upgrade though as I don't happen to know for sure at the moment.
[/COLOR]

[quote name='Sara'][FONT="Georgia"]Guestbook! There's one for theotaku portfolio pages.

You're interested in having one at the forums?

[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=navy]I guess you can say I'm interested mainly because TheO is a fishy piece of work for me.[/size][/color]

[color=#4B0082]A few months ago, I was all ready to start working on the template modifications we'd need after upgrading. But then when I went to download the upgrade, the log in info I have for the vBulletin.com members area no longer worked, so that put a halt to things. I PMed James about it but never got a response, so I don't know what's happening anymore.

I'm still willing to do the template modifications. Harass James to get me the correct log in info if you want the upgrade.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][COLOR=#4b0082]A few months ago, I was all ready to start working on the template modifications we'd need after upgrading. But then when I went to download the upgrade, the log in info I have for the vBulletin.com members area no longer worked, so that put a halt to things. I PMed James about it but never got a response, so I don't know what's happening anymore.

I'm still willing to do the template modifications. Harass James to get me the correct log in info if you want the upgrade.[/COLOR][/quote]
[COLOR=Blue]I actually talked to James about this recently. He wasn't aware the login info had changed/expired/whatever happened to it and said he'd talk to Adam to get it straightened out.[/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Yeah, I did speak to Adam about this and I have some additional details now. Apparently one login is for the forums and one is for the actual account. But we are not aware of anything actually changing from our end. I'll forward those details to you.[/font]

• 4 weeks later...