Magus Posted March 8, 2010 Posted March 8, 2010 [size=1][color=navy]I never what it was called. It goes like, you click on someone's username, and you get to post messages on the ..um.. page? In a sense it's similar to posting on someones wall, guest book or something of that nature. I'm just wondering has this ever been done or considered. I know there's private messenger and aim, but I thought I'd throw that out there.[/size][/color]
Sara Posted March 8, 2010 Posted March 8, 2010 [quote name='Magus'][size=1][color=navy]I never what it was called. It goes like, you click on someone's username, and you get to post messages on the ..um.. page? In a sense it's similar to posting on someones wall, guest book or something of that nature. I'm just wondering has this ever been done or considered. I know there's private messenger and aim, but I thought I'd throw that out there.[/size][/color][/QUOTE][FONT="Georgia"]Guestbook! There's one for theotaku portfolio pages. You're interested in having one at the forums? [/FONT]
Petie Posted March 8, 2010 Posted March 8, 2010 [COLOR=Blue]They are indeed called visitor messages and they're a feature in newer versions of the vBulletin software which we'll have here by default should we wind up upgrading. The "page" you're referring to is the new member profile and has some other new features, in addition to a completely new layout, as well. You'll have to ask James about a possible upgrade though as I don't happen to know for sure at the moment. [/COLOR]
Magus Posted March 8, 2010 Author Posted March 8, 2010 [quote name='Sara'][FONT="Georgia"]Guestbook! There's one for theotaku portfolio pages. You're interested in having one at the forums? [/FONT][/QUOTE] [size=1][color=navy]I guess you can say I'm interested mainly because TheO is a fishy piece of work for me.[/size][/color]
Desbreko Posted March 10, 2010 Posted March 10, 2010 [color=#4B0082]A few months ago, I was all ready to start working on the template modifications we'd need after upgrading. But then when I went to download the upgrade, the log in info I have for the vBulletin.com members area no longer worked, so that put a halt to things. I PMed James about it but never got a response, so I don't know what's happening anymore. I'm still willing to do the template modifications. Harass James to get me the correct log in info if you want the upgrade.[/color]
Petie Posted March 10, 2010 Posted March 10, 2010 [quote name='Desbreko'][COLOR=#4b0082]A few months ago, I was all ready to start working on the template modifications we'd need after upgrading. But then when I went to download the upgrade, the log in info I have for the vBulletin.com members area no longer worked, so that put a halt to things. I PMed James about it but never got a response, so I don't know what's happening anymore. I'm still willing to do the template modifications. Harass James to get me the correct log in info if you want the upgrade.[/COLOR][/quote] [COLOR=Blue]I actually talked to James about this recently. He wasn't aware the login info had changed/expired/whatever happened to it and said he'd talk to Adam to get it straightened out.[/COLOR]
James Posted March 10, 2010 Posted March 10, 2010 [font=franklin gothic medium]Yeah, I did speak to Adam about this and I have some additional details now. Apparently one login is for the forums and one is for the actual account. But we are not aware of anything actually changing from our end. I'll forward those details to you.[/font]
marvelaugusts Posted April 5, 2010 Posted April 5, 2010 The things are not clear as if vbulletine.com members had stopped working then I think hiring new members would work here.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now