OtakuBoards

Shifted

Raze_3103

[CENTER]Four-Thirty in the morning[/CENTER]

The old man Damian walked into his office, brushing his hand through his graying hair, "It doesn't seem to matter that we shifted live longer than the average mortal, the effects of old age seem to catch up to us all. I've been around for this long, and the gray won't stay away."

He let out a huff of air as he tossed his used towel onto the spare seat next to his desk. He liked the desk, yet it seemed that as the years went by, he was confined to it more and more. He leaned over and pressed a button on a glass pannel near the right edge of his desk.

"What is it, Damian? Why are you calling me this late?" Mrs. Duvise's picture showed up on the screen as he smiled faintly at his sister-in-law. She looked at him with tired eyes, her own graying hair falling around her face like a silver shaddow.

"I guess its nothing in particular, Josline. I jus dont understand what it is that you want me to do whith these children. I understand the reason why you want them in our group, yet, anything after that seems to avoid me." He let out a stressed breath as she jus smiled faintly at him

"Its quite simple, my dear brother, like the Zerg have infiltrated us, we shall do the same to them, just on a much different scale." Her eyes grew venomous as her smile changed and her words began to drip toxins of their own, "we will get those lizard bastards for what they did with ours, and the way we are going to do it is from the inside out. You will have to make sure they are ready to do anything and everything on their own. They won't have either of us to lean on once they leave our sight."

Damian stared at the immage of his sister in shock. He had no reply so he just let his face go neutral. "If it is what you desire, director." He looked away from her, as to not see the hurt in her eyes by calling her by her title, not her name.

"You haven't called me that since the wedding." Pain struck her voice as she looked down twards the floor. "I understand your thoughts on this matter, but we don't have many options at the moment. We are being pushed into a corner without even knowing it. It may be the first threat that the others have finally witnessed, but its not the first since the day in which we thought we destroyed them all. this has been happening alot as of late. Hell, Damian, we lost twenty children last year. You were th-" He cut her off, anger in his voice, his eyes gaining a golden ring around the iris.

"I know damn well what happened. I was there, yes, I saw them get killed. I just, I just don't want to see it again. It would kill an old man like me to see it happen again." He closed his eyes and took in a deap breath.

"I understand, I'm sorry, but this is what is to be done. Get them here as soon as possible so we can send them on their way, to either success or death. Hopefully, not the latter." She waited till he nodded his understanding, "and make sure Veil goes with you to try and find them. I want her there as proof that what you have to say is not nearly as bad as you happen to think."

Damian opened his eyes in a flash and looked at her, "you want her to go with me? You can't be serious, she is yet a child herself."

"She was your age when the war broke out last, do not forget, Damian. I regret sending her, but she is one of the better of the ones that we are able to use. I know that she is practacly like a daughter to me, if I ever had one, I would want the girl to be it, but she needs this. I have taken care of her for too long, she needs to learn more on her own than what we can teach her here behind these walls. Besides, I have a feeling that she will agree to this without hesitation." The elderly woman smiled, sadness in her eyes. "Thank you, brother." With that last note, she cut off the call, leaving Damian to stare at the blank screen.

He grimiced to himself as he punched in another button on the screen. A few moments later, a young girl appeared on the screen, tired and sleep in her eyes. "Can I help you? Do you know what time it is?" She rubbed her eyes, blinking sleepily at the immage.

"Veil, I need to talk to you. Get to my office in an hour. We have work to do." Then before she could make a reply, he shut the connection off, closing his eyes, waiting for the girl to show up.

Five-Fourtyfive in the morning

Damian opened his eyes as a light tapping on his door stirred him. He had not realized how close his wolf was to the surface until he looked around, hands clenched into tight fists. "Come in, Veil." He waited to the girl to walk in, shut the door behind her, then made her way over to the empty chair and sat down.

"What is it? Could this have waited till I woke up?" She rubbed her eyes once more, just mearly to indicate her annoyance.

"No, we have work to do. Here," he passed her four sheets of paper with names and locations on them, "these are the people that we have to find." He gave her a moment to read over the pages, then let out a sigh as she set them back on his desk and looked at him.

"Who are they, and why are we looking for them?" She narrowed her eyes, trying to read the old wolf.

"That will be told to you when the time comes, firstly, lets just head to the country of Wudluve to try and find the fish-boy there." Veil raised an eyebrow at him.

"Fish-boy?"

"Yes, fish-boy. Until i figure out what the hell he is, hes a fish-boy. You have a problem with that, pup?" He smiled a wolfish smile at her as she looked away from his gaze. "Alright then, get your coat, its gonna be cold." He stood, slowly, then headed twards his stateroom. "We will meet at heli-pad in twenty, do not be late, pup." With that as his closing statement, he walked out of the room, leaving Veil standing by her chair.

Deep beneath the dangerous water's of Wudluve swam a rather unique specimen of nature by the name of Bequlu Oplia. One of the few Mizuhitos of Wudluve, his brand of a strength is something to behold.

"A shark to a eel, a bite to a tail... you are fools." Bequlu said harshly. He was in the middle of an intense battle with more than a few giant eels. These eels were--like him--Mizuhitos except they have sold their souls to the devilish seas and have so became feral and without reason nor logic. Bequlu didn't like this one bit.

"Die you damn old shark!" yelled the leader of the school of eels. He was bigger than the rest and by far the strongest. Matching even Bequlu in shark form. As the lead eel attacked so did his subordinates. All dashing together with a triangle-like formation and with fangs bared.

"You force death on yourselves." Bequlu spoke softly. He then morphed into his shark form baring his own jagged teeth. This did not stop the eels it seemed to only encourage them more.

"He is old and blind! Tear him to shreds!!" screamed the leader once again, but old Bequlu was just simply reserving his strength and like a black silhouette of death he tore through the school of eels as if they weren't even there.

"I am Bequlu Oplia. An old shark I am, but a dangerous one. I will not be quelled by the likes of you or anyone else who dares threaten my seas!" he mumbled while reverting back to his normal figure. Although he had won many battles in the wild seas of Wudluve with each victory his sadness for his people increased. He was tired of fighting...

Now on the snowy land above the waters he sat on the cold ice and relaxed himself.
"An old shark such as I. Hmph. What can I do? A lot yes, but not enough..." he said to himself.

[CENTER]Five O'Clock[/CENTER]

The roar of the helicopter blades hummed over Veil's head as she stood, arms crossed and bundled under her coat and scarf. Her hair danced with the winds, her eyes following Damian as he approached the aircraft.

He looked to her as he reached the center of the helipad, "You're early."

"[I]Yeah[/I]. [I]I'm[/I] the early one," she scowled, hopping into the aircraft and strapping herself in.

Damian watched Veil with a small grin, and soon followed.

[CENTER]* * *

Wudluve Shores[/CENTER]

Veil peered down at the marshlands of Wudluve, patches of ice studding the landscape and waters.

"Hmph. You weren't kidding about fish-boy."

She suddenly spotted a figure emerging from the water below, hoisting himself up upon the icy shore to sit.

"Damian," she pointed below them, "It looks like he's talking to himself, but our vehicle of choice is making it difficult for me to hear him, can you?"

He nodded, "My ears aren't gone yet - what happened to yours, Pup?" Damian taps the pilot on the shoulder, gesturing to him, Veil's eyes a-slant with slight ire, "Let's land this thing."

She folded her arms and glared at him as he leaned back in his seat.

Major Katrina 'Dizzy' Rogers looked across the men settled in front of her. Each was at attention, each was paying attention to only her. She looked human, and her body flawless, Her curves were voluptuous, even in her military uniform. Yet, she commanded an air of respect and dignity with a twist of compassion. Many who knew her personally knew too well her passionate side was often behind her professional side. She truly cared for her troops and those she trained to do battle against the evils they would face.

"You here today are the best of the best. The weakest have been stripped from your ranks. Only the strongest of you here at the academy stand before me, ready to do battle against the Zerg at a moment's notice. History, I am well assured with the determination you have shown and the strengths you each possess, will not repeat itself. However, before you graduate, there is but one final order I will give."

Her blue eyes surveyed the men and women before her, looking to their faces what could be one last time. "Don't get killed. That is all. You are dismissed."

She turned away, and marched into the nearby military building, passing the troops on her right. Each was now saluting her, and gave a cry together. "Yes, ma'am!"

On entering the building, she sighed, and slammed her fist into the wall. "Damn it all..." Dust sifted through the air, paired with a disturbing cracking sound.

Removing her fist from the concrete wall, she walked away, leaving the wall cracked around a deep indentation. She entered the cafeteria, and sat down, looking at her fist. The elaborate wires and machinery in her hand were a remarkable thing, though now her pain sensors were rocketing the particular sensation up and down her arm. Sighing, she turned the signal off, and observed the damage. Snorting, she placed her hand down on the table.

There was no damage... Her body was truly an astounding pinnacle of robotic engineering and prosthetics technology. Of course, she knew very well that because of her body, she could never even simply enjoy a swim, she was far too heavy. There were many such things she could never do, because of her body. However, when it came to combat, she was the best in the business. She could take far more punishment than any normal flash and blood soldier, and her strength compared to most was unsurpassed. Those who could keep up with her were the Shifters, and other such people like her. The recent event with the Zerg woman showing herself in a conference...Dizzy had missed it.

Dizzy always had a thing for fighting, it was usually alot of fun for her, though her seemingly innocent exterior belied quite a bit about her abilities being a machine. Case and point, one of the young men who had failed her exams came angrily up to her at that point, and pointed one of the military brand guns issued to them, a small, .97 millimeter Barreta. It was a pathetic gun, compared to what she had to deal with. However, at the same time, a well enough placed shot to her temple would kill her, despite all of her bodily abilities.

"My dear Corporal Rennington. What a pleasure it is too see you." She straightened her back, and brought her nose into the air, holding her cool, even though the man wanted nothing more than to see her crumble at the moment.

"Shove your high and mighty bullshit. Why wasn't I up there? Why didn't I get that order? I was perfect for this job!"

"That is precisely why. I honestly believe people like you hold no place on the battlefield." She turned then, her eyes glowing faintly as she mentally initiated combat mode. Her muscles... she could feel them grow tighter, as adrenaline - both artificial as well as her own- filled her systems. "I also believe you aren't exactly with us.... If you know what I mean..."

She smiled, standing. "I've been fighting for a very long time. Far longer than before you were born, child. And I've picked up on a few things. One, you wouldn't have deliberately went for a desk job, other than to prove you were human. Zerg can pass themselves off as one of us, remember? We humans aren't completely stupid , you know. We defeated your kind before in the last war. I watched as the remaining vessels ran away in fear of us, after a long, and grueling battle. I will give credit where credit is due, however. You were quite the opponent." She giggled again, and smiled. "Tell me, did you really think I couldn't see the difference? I'm eighty years old, you know." She reached out and grasped the man's gun. Realizing only now, she'd hypnotized him with her eyes. And not by using some kind of power or technology . It was her eyes alone that cast that spell. paired with her voice. It rang of power, authority, and wisdom from seemingly belong her apparent years.

Grinning sadistically, she bent the barrel of the gun to the right, crushing all Chase the gun would ever have of being able to be used. Yanking it away from him, she brought her knee into the man's chest, and it was quite satisfactory to hear the faint crack of bones. Mere fractures, really. Nothing like the kick she could deliver wouldn't do that minimal amount of damage to flesh and blood humans, as the man appeared.

And she'd held back. Though not willingly. Her combat limiter was still in effect. She could have kicked a bit harder, but with the limiter in place, that would be her best. Thanks to her hacking skills, she'd figured out a way to lift her limiter. No other person like her was allowed to have such a.... 'flaw.'

The man went flying, slamming hard into a wall and falling down onto a cafeteria table.

"Oh dear. It seems you've lost your weapon. What shall you fight me with?"

"You.... bitch." The man stood, and Dizzy cocked her head, and held up the gun. "Sorry about your toy. But, you know what they say, boys and their toys. And such a dangerous one, too." She crushed the gun, with her bare hands. Her gloves detected some heat on the other side, and compensated. The gun, now beyond repair, fell to the ground in pieces, letting out very light, metallic [I]PINGS![/I].

"Shall we end the child's play? I would most appreciate it."

"I'll kill you... you bitch!" He whipped himself into a frenzy, and Dizzy could see the transformation taking place.

Sighing, she couldn't help but feel sad. "Our time has to end... But, it has been fun."

Now, fully transformed, the Zerg attacking, slamming his fist into her and sending her rocketing through the thin, cheap looking wall, breaking a nearby window with the force. She landed hard, digging a path into the dirt, dust kicking up all around.

The Zerg began to laugh, thinking he had killed her. But, when the dust cleared, it was revealed only that he had gotten her dirty. Charging again, he suddenly froze in his tracks, realizing she wasn't moving. He was cautious, though now it was too late for the poor bastard.

Snapping her fingers, her arm unfolded, revealing the compact short range missile launcher in her arm. There were three visible. Her military jacket's sleeve was now ruined, hanging in tatters around her elbow. The launcher protruded from her wrist, and now was pointed at the Zerg.

"Thank you, now I don't have to worry about more damage. EAT SHIT AND DIE!"

She shot off a missile, and it launched straight into the beast, lodging into his abdomen. Instantly, the bomb within it went off, and blew the poor bastard to hell.

"So, you're still the Gung Ho Granny, I see." Turning around, Dizzy smiled, her arm reverting back to the usual form it took.

"Dizzy, it's been far too long." The voice belonged to an older man, a top scientist for the military. "Russo, good to see you." Dizzy replied.

"I think I might be able to help get you out of your doldrums. How about a tune up?"

"For you, of course. Your hands are the best ones for the job. After all, you did build this body for me. And let me tell you..." She jerked her thumb over her shoulder at the clean-up that had yet to get under way, and grinned. "Held up like a charm."

Bequlu clearly saw the object high in the sky, but to his surprise it began to lower towards his location. This was quite odd to Bequlu.

"Hm. What is this land flying bird thing doing here in my seas?" he thought to himself. As it touched the snowy earth of Wudluve two figures exited from it. A male and female figure was what Bequlu distinguished. Instinctively he lowered himself back to the frigid waters.

"What are these creatures, humans?" he said to himself as he began to swim under the too figures and their flying bird and study them. The female human having bizarre blond hair while the other gray.

"These humans are not for my land. I should advise them that death awaits their frail bodies here." Bequlu said with a chuckle. He intended to scare them off as he morphed into his shark form beneath them.

"I wonder why this specific area is iced under it-... You feel that, pup?" Damian said to Veil who it seems so did as well. The two sensed something wrong, but could not determine what. Bequlu then thrashed the thick cold ground under them making it crack and gush water from below. Like a playful yet, dangerous cat and mouse game Bequlu chased the two from beneath the depths until the ground from which they approached him from and plus some were no more than floating hunks of ice. They were now forced back to the marshland.

"The fish-boy is playing with us." Damian chuckled as he looked over to Veil, but she was not amused and morphed into her wolf form now preparing to counter-attack.

"Hm? These humans? They have the abilities of the Xebirth!?" he thought. He then slowly approached the two. His signature fin swaying through the waters.

"Humans here on my land. Your presence is questionable for you posses the abilities of no mere humans. Tell me. What do you want here with I, Bequlu Oplia of the Sharks?".

Veil glared at him, "To save your ass, and what's more -"

Damian raised a calm hand at Veil's words, "We're here for you, Bequlu Oplia. Our fight with the Zerg has driven us to find skilled Xebirth recruits. Your name's on our list, fighter. My name is Damian Duvise, leader of the Xebirth reconnecence team, and this is Veil Krios, one of our soldiers."

Veil's eyes watched Bequlu as he neared the edge of the shoreline, ears pressing back against her fur, muzzle in a slight snarl, "Keep your distance," she growled, radiant eyes locked upon him, Bequlu seeming amused by her.

Bequlu failed to heed her warnings, shifting back into his previous state and hoistimg himself up onto land.

Damian rounded Veil and approached him, "I heard you earlier, how you feel as if you're can't do enough? Well, this is your chance to change that. Come with us, and everything will be different," he held out a hand to shake Bequlu's, "What do you say? Will you join us, Bequlu Oplia?"

Veil transformed back into her human self, arms already folded, as she watched the exchange, dusting off her jacket. She looked skyward and flagged to the copter with an arm.

"Last chance, fish-boy," she said from over her shoulder, "Your ride's leaving without you if you don't hurry up and say yes - "

Her ears suddenly caught wind of a disturbance amongst them, nose soon filling with an all-too-familiar scent, a scent not even quelled by the roaring winds of their aircraft.

Veil looked back up at the copter, signaling them to stop their decent, the hairs on the back of her neck beginning to stand on end.

Lizard. Dragon. Grotesque, ruthless Zerg. She could smell it surround their location, filling the air with a pungent signature that her sensitive nose could only smell.

She quickly whipped around to face Damian, but he was already aware, nodding to her and wordlessly instructing her to remain silent.

Damian turned to Bequlu, "Be ready to fight."

Saio walked down the hallway, leisurely observing the various young men as the worked on their vehicles on the other side of the glass. Many of them looked up, to see him, and looks of arousal and confusion spread across their faces.

Saio's demeanor did not change, though he did wave at the cutest of them. He blushed and quickly went back to work. Smiling slightly, Saio continued down the hall to his destination.

His cellular phone rang, and he reached into his kimono sleeve to retrieve it. "Hello? Saio Speaking."

"Saio, there's been another attack from the Zerg." Saio's brow twitched. "Really now? How many casualties, Lieutenant Bellfast?"

"None, thanks to Major Rogers."

"Isn't that the military woman with the completely prosthetic body?"

"One and the same. The base she was stationed at took little damage when the Zerg revealed itself, thanks to her. How's your mission coming along?"

"Hmph." Saio snorted. "Other than some eye candy, there's nothing really about this so called mission. It's boring. Why do I have to sniff out the Zerg? I feel like I'm a bloodhound or something..."

"Yes, we all know you much rather prefer to play coy kitty." There was a breif silence on the phone. Sio spoke. "I am aware of how important this is. It's just-"

"Saio? What's wrong? Are you there?"

Distant crashing noises could be heard, followed by loud explosions. "I'll call you back. There's some interesting happenings."

Saio disconnected the call, and looked around, placing the phone back into his kimono sleeve. He could now hear alert sirens going off, and he sighed. "This better be worth my while..."

Stalking torwards the clanging and booming, Saio opened two large doors leading outside. On arriving, he spotted the cause of the commotion, and sighed. It had been nothing more than a technological mishap. A plane had colapsed over onto a propane tank. Groaning, he turned to go back inside.

[CENTER]Wudluve Shores

[LEFT]A deathly silence settled upon the scene as the helicopter lifted out of sight and back into the clouds overhead. Unease thickened the air around them, Veil's eyes slowly shifting from side to side.

[I]Somewhere... How hard is it to find a bloody dragon.. I can smell you, bastard.[/I]

A small bubble surfaced in the water by her footing, catching her attention. She held her breath.

Damian shouted to her, "Get off the ice!"

"No!"

The small sheet of ice she'd been standing on shook with life, the water erupting with the scaly, dark skinned body of a fully shifted Zerg, its feral claws swiping at Veil.

She quickly darted out of reach, landing on a patch of dry grass and turning to face the monster.

The Zerg laughed, "Well, well, look who it is. Hello Damian. Long time no see. I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later - me running into you, that is," its deep resonating voice shook them.

The Zerg looked to Bequlu, "Looks like we've got the same agenda."

Damian took a step forward, clenching his fists, brows pressed together in indignation, "What do you mean, 'same agenda'?"

"Fool! Do you not recall the mole your very hands murdered? We've got your list," his grin widened, showing off his many rows of teeth, saliva dripping from its corners, "A decent list, might I add. Originally it was meant to be a simple task, but now that you're already seeking them out..., well, now that makes things far more interesting. Who will get there first?"

"Sounds like you enjoy the competition," Veil said, raising a brow, "Someone like you, I'm not surprised."

The Zerg turned his stare in her direction, blinking his reptilian eyes, "Someone like me? What is that supposed to mean?"

Veil slowly advanced herself in his direction, looking up at him with a sly smile, arms crossed and shoulders back, "Someone who doesn't mind taking a risk. You must be a Captain, if not a Major."

He shuddered with disdain, "No, you fool! If I were I wouldn't be here!"

"Scorned are we? You wouldn't rather do the leg work? Wouldn't you rather hone your skills -"

"I've been honing my skills for thirty years! I deserve a rank that is on par with my skills. I am not a pawn!"

She mocks empathy, "Certainly not. Neither am I. You and I have a lot in common, you know. I don't have a rank either, and I've been fighting my whole life. What's your name?"

Damian looked to Bequlu, silently gesturing at the water beside them, "Your time to shine, Oplia."

"My name is Bihg. Bihg Zorin."

"We've been wronged, Bihg. We've been used from the get-go. They've taken advantage of our kindness and twisted it into a scheme for their own personal gain. They don't want you to advance, Bihg Zorin. They want you to die a foot soldier, with no rank, no title, no promotions or honours."

While she spoke, Bequlu slipped into the water, transforming into his shark self, and carefully eased his way to the base of Bihg's spine, pausing to analyze the beast.

"Y- you're wrong, human. They respect me!"

She clenched her fists and took another step forward, anger seeming to build within her, "Like hell they do!" She calmed, "See, I know what you're going through. My superiors don't respect me either," she glared at Damian, "That brute, that old brute over there, degrades me every chance he gets, and for what? For his own amusement, Bihg! You can't tell me that's never happened to you!"

Bihg's guard dropped, his shoulders falling, "Yes.. Yes it has, I know what you mean," his own fury begins to fill his spirit, "Those bastards! When I get back, I'll kill them all and take my title by force!"

Her voice quieted, "Oh, but you won't be going back, Bihg."

He blinked at her, "Why not?"

"Because you're going to die here."

And, as if perfectly orchestrated, right at her final word, Bequlu leapt up from the depths of the water, gripping the left side of Bihg's neck and tearing nearly half of his neck from atop his shoulders, splashing back down into the lake.

Bihg stood, his claws gingerly touching the horrendously gaping wounds in his new, shocked and unable to speak.

Veil waltzed her way straight to him, sly smile returning to her, "Who's the fool now?"

And with that, she pushed him backward with a single hand, his dying body submerging into the lake and disappearing under its depths.

She wiped her hands and turned with a satified grin to Damian, who was awaiting her attention with a rather unamused expression.

"What?"

"'Old brute'?"

"Oh don't be so soft," She laughed, turning away from him, "Now where did that copter go?"

Damian sighed, "If what that Zerg said was true, then that means we need to hurry. The other recruits could be in serious danger."

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

Saio now sat before a computer console, looking at various data. To him, it was the epiphany of being bored. Stretching, he sat up and looked at his empty cup of coffee. Sighing, he got up and walked the short distance to the nearby coffee station. Looking out across the flat grounds throught large floor to ceiling windows, he surveyed the recreational ares of choice, especially since the weather was nice. he wasn't disappointed. There was a group of boys playing soccer. Taking a sip of his fresh coffee, he smiled. "Mmmn.... too bad any of them could be a Zerg... But, I guess we'll find out soon enough."

Looking at the clock, he snorted. Already, the morning time hours had ticked away. But, time seemed to move differently for Saio, and at a much slower pace. Physically, at least. Power, after all, did come with a price. Bored, Saio parted over to another screen, to look at his own files. They came to him with ease, and he snorted. They'd only been able to keep track of him if he had left a signature. And he liked leaving a signature. Of course, horrenduous marks on dead bodies didn't exactly exhonorate himself. It was now widely known who he was, and his reputation preceded him. Nowadays, the only things about him that confused people were where he had come from exactly, and what gender he was.

A very animalistic quality about him. Saio often enough saw no point in hiding himself, he liked being seen. His exotic appeal was a part of his charm, and he used it whenever possible.

He thought for a moment, still watching the boys play. And began to search them, looking for any signs of what they might be. "A strong jawline here, big muscles over there..." He shrugged. "Why can't they be like me?"

He observed them for a few more moments, and smiled. "Ah... we have a winner."

Saio had begun to pay attention to more than one of the players, constantly shifting his eyes to keep track of them all. One began to stand out. He was muscular, though still held a demeanor loud and proud. His slight slouch indicated something else though...a rather young Zerg. Saio had never participated in the last war, though he was well aware of how Zerg looked and acted, especially ones trying to be sneaky.

Saio was, after all, a born hunter of evil things. Closing his eyes, he began sniffing the air. He could smell all kinds of things, and not just the several coming from the coffee he was drinking. Disinfectant, furniture polish... wood... water... sulfur....

Saio's eyes opened. Sulfur? Why was there sulfur here? Saio knew well the layout of the compound, and there was no chemical weapons department. Looking out into the crowd, he spotted one of the boys looking at him, the same one he'd spotted earlier, and the one he suspected was a Zerg. Far too late, Saio realized what was going on. Throwing down his cup of coffee, Saio grasped a rather large chair and held it up in front of him -his back to the window- as the bomb blew. The chair lifted up, rocketing out of the large glass windows, and taking Saio with it. The chair whirled around, and Saio lept from it before it smashed into the ground. Removing a single tube of seemingly harmless lipstick from his kimono sleeve, Saio trailed it down the side of the building, it's walls made of a smooth, flawless marbled white rock. Lifting the lipstick from the wall, he jerked to a stop, and twisted his body to land feet first on the surface of the wall. However, he was now dangling from a partially released whip of some kind, some of it still clinging to the wall. Doing as he wished, the lipstick disolved instantly, releasing him to fall a much safer distance. On hitting the ground, he turned to look above him, and saw the raging fire and smoke billowing from the room he'd been in. "My, that was close...."

Bequlu was rather amused by the two humans. Even finding himself laughing.

"You humans are entertaining to these old eyes. I must say I am flattered that you would seek me out to fight with you." he said with a small smile. Veil snarled at this while Damian nodded in thanks.

"Tch, fish-boy's with us... sweet." Veil said sarcastically. Damian then motioned for the helicopter to return to them, but Bequlu was a tad bit hesitant about that.

"What is that flying bird thing, humans?" he questioned. Veil raised a brow while Damian explained.

"It's called a "helicopter". I imagine since you are from here you haven't seen much of the mainland's technology." he replied. Again Bequlu was entertained. He was astounded by this technology.

"Hm. I feel there is much to be shared between us humans." Bequlu laughed.

"Indeed, let us start now. Why is only this place alone under ice?" Damian asked. The surrounding area was snowed under as if a blizzard had came upon it, but the rest of the marshland was warm and moist.

"Oh, that is my doing. I found a cold current deep beneath these waters during a hunt for food. I like the cold so I changed the flow of it to influence this area." Bequlu said as if it was common knowledge.

Sven leaped up efortlessly onto a nearby boulder. This was his normal place to go to survey the land surrounding his small village. He stretched his four legs then let out a bored yawn. He shook his fur then looked down at the ground next to the boulder, snorting at the smell of a recently killed lizard.

[I]"I really need to get out of this place. The food here, well what can I say, I live in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by sand and rocks[/I]." He let out a sigh as he lazily stepped off the singular rock.

"What seems to be the problem child?" Sven whipped his head behind him to see his grandfather staring down at him. Within a few seconds, Sven lowered his eyes from the elderly man. "You do not like it here, do you? I understand what is going on with you more than you know. To this day, I still wonder what would have come of me if I would have left when the last war ravaged this land."

"You mean you actually faught in it?" Sven raised his head a little, stopping at the mans chest. "And yet you decided to stay out here after it was over. Why?"

"Many things, child. For one, your mother was born here, and was to be married to your father when the war broke out. Alas, he happened to die before the end, but we were lucky enough to have you conceived the night before his departure." The elderly man smiled and looked at Sven. He let out a sigh as a gust of wind from the north reached them.

"What is that smell?" Sven's ears purched up as he felt a growl emerge from his chest.

"Sven, listen to me, go back to the village, make sure they are alright." Sven looked up at his grandfather, meeting the man in the eye as he changed into his own form. After a few moments, a solid slate gray fox, nearly four times the size of Sven, with twelve red-tipped tails let out a blood curling howl as it turned his crimson eyes on Sven. "Go now, child, I will handle this intruder."

Before having a chance to react, Sven darted away, leaving the old giant fox staring at a black reptilian beast, not twenty yards away. Before coming out of hearing range, Sven heard his grandfather snarl a comment at the beast, "What is it you want here, Zerg?"

Paramedics were already rushing to the scene, and Saio, now at ground level, couldn't see the Zerg he had spotted from before. Sighing, he knew he'd see the man again, especially now that his bomb had failed.

However, Saio would have to be much more careful, especially since he knew that the Zerg he had spotted might not be the only one here.

Hunting had just gotten more interesting. The scents coming to Saio were intermixed and too difficult to pick out, especially with the fire overhead. Allowing the paramedics to approach him, he ventured so far as to guess that the Zerg was still around, he wanted to watch his handiwork.

Saio was hauled bodily into an ambulance, and taken to the Hospital on the base.

"Mr. Cross?" one of the paramedics gingerly approached him with a radio comunicator. "The General."

Taking the communicator, Saio spoke into it. "You know, Austin, this job is a real pain in my ass. Litterally. I think I got schrapnel in it."

"Cut the pleasantries, Saio. Who did it? Was it the Zerg?"

"I wasn't close enough to see any kind of nametag. We're going to have to be very careful. But, yes, I'm sure it was one of the Zerg. It looks like I'm the target. He looked at me when he detonated the bomb."

"Did you get a chance to see it?"

"No. I caught a whiff it though before it went off. There was sulfur used in it. Not something hard to come by nowadays, is it Or at least something that smells like it?"

There was silence on the other end for a moment. "Saio... why would the Zerg be targeting you?"

"Because they've heard about me. Because I've really pissed them off. They probably know I was a double agent right now, especially with the leak we had a problem with..."

"I don't like to think of that. It was handled though."

"I know. But not well enough. There's more of them here. I think... the older ones might be using the children of their species as bait." Saio's stomach turned, disgusted with the thought.

"Saio, there's no proof of that. You're making a wild guess."

"Austin, three of the attacks made on bases recently involved very young, almost infantile Zerg. However, we're not rooting out the most well hidden ones. This could all be a distraction from something much bigger that they're planning."

"I understand, Saio. I will get three more men assigned to this case. Perhaps, ordering Major Rogers here would be a blessing."

"If you can get her here. It would be interesting to meet her, though. I've seen prosthetic limbs, before, but never entire bodies."

"She's a unique one, that's for sure. I beleive you'll find her nickname most endearing."

"Which is?"

The General laughed. "Dizzy."

[CENTER][LEFT] Now having Bequlu with them, things seemed to ease a bit. But the calm wasn't meant to last. Damian's phone buzzed, and he answered, "Duvise speaking - Hey, slow down. What?"

His face contorted with disbelief. Veil's eye read him like a goddamn book, "What is it?"

He rose a hand to her, trying to listen to the voice on the other end.

"Well, shit. Alright then. Consult with Duvise. We've been able to get one so far. Let me know what happens."

Damian hung up the phone with a weighted sigh.

Veil stared, "Well? Speak!"

"They've already found them. All of them. Two internal attacks behind our walls and one city is under siege."

"What city?"

"Burgos."

"Not surprising, that place is damn close to the Zern territory."

"We'll be heading there first, but listen to me," he turned to Veil and Bequlu, "You're not coming with me."

Veil's eyes lit with immediate protest, "That's stupid. I'm not letting you go to Burgos alone."

"I'm not asking for your permission. I'm giving you an order, and you're going to follow it. Because as far as your concerned, your under my command now, so set your jaw and deal with the circumstances. I'll be sending you and Bequlu back to find the others that had been targeted."

She huffed, "You're sending [I]me[/I], of all people, to socialize, and you, of all people [I]here[/I], are going to defend a city."

The pilot's hand suddenly raised in a wave, lowering to point out to the side of the aircraft. The three of them looked down to see a blond, male figure dashing through the red sand and brush.

Bequlu's eyes narrowed, "He's running from something."

Damian extracted a small PDA from his pocket, bringing up his list and thumbnails of each of the recruits. Sifting through them, he came upon the picture of Sven, and compared it to the man running below the copter.

"We may have our man," he said, "Lower this thing, will ya?"

As the copter lowered, Damian began to unstrap himself from his seat, Veil grabbing his arm as he went to stand by the opening.

"Damian! You can't go alone," she nearly scolded him, but he turned with a chuckle.

"Well, if I'm right about this boy being one of us, I won't be!"

And with that, he exited the copter, dropping to the hot sands below, leaving Veil and Bequlu in their seats.

Veil held her forehead as they lifted back into the clouds, heading towards the Xebirth base, anxiety squeezing the base of her neck as she gripped the bridge of her nose with her thumb and finger, "I have a headache."

The copter soared at full capacity through the air, reaching the helipad where they had departed from earlier that morning. By the time they had landed, the sun was already setting.

Veil faced Bequlu as he stood upon the building's surface, "Welcome to Derg, Oplia. I'm sure this is a lot to take in for you. But we can't slow much for me to explain it all right now. The last two recruits are in mortal danger, and we must get to them quickly to ensure their safety. All I can say is... Moving doors are normal, and moving stairs are also normal. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is..., take a leap of faith in our technology for now, follow me, and I'll explain everything later, alright?"

She could see the wonder in his expression as he gazed upon the cityscape. How odd for a man older than she to have never seen a city before. It must be an amazing feeling.

"Oplia, we must go. Timing has not been our friend today."

He nodded, "Yes, let's."

And with that, they hastily made their way into the building, through the doors and into the elevator.

"Now don't freak," she said, as a preliminary note, "This room's about to decend."

The elevator shook with life and began to slowly ease its way down the many tens of tens of flights below them.

"What are the numbers for?"

"The number of floors in this building. We were on seventy-four."

Suddenly, the elevator jolted, stilling its movements abruptly.

Bequlu looked up at the dimming lights, "Is this normal?"

But before Veil could answer, the shrill screeching of metal upon metal rang through the entire car. The striing noise nearly casued Veil's sensitive ears to bleed, forcing her to cover them with her hands.

"Jesus Christ, what is that noise?"

Her eyes caught sight of the emergency escape, and she moved to open it, punching the small cover off. Above them, mounted directly on the wire, was a Zerg, pulling the shaft wire apart with its teeth.

Upon seeing Veil and Bequlu through the escape, the Zerg flashed them a smile, just as the final thread of the metal rope snapped in half, sending the car flying down at terminal velocity.

Veil and Bequlu's backs met the ceiling of the car, both of them reaching for the escape window.

"Jump out!" she shouted, "Just jump and grab onto anything! On the count of three, are you ready?"

Bequlu nodded, preparing himself to exit the car.

"One, two, three!"

The two Xebirth leapt into the shaft's airspace, palms sliding against the smooth metal of its walls as they continued to fall. Soon, Veil's own hands found the surface of a floor's opening, and gripped its side, stopping her decent.

Bequlu had luckily found his own doorway, the floor above her, and he looked down at the yong Xebirth as she came to a stand.

"Where do we go from here?"

"Pry open the metal doors, they should be relatively easy to move for you. I'll come to you. Just stay up there."
[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

Dizzy lied on the table, back upwards as the older doctor peered around her insides. "Let's have a look under the hood, so to speak."

"As long as you don't fondle things you shouldn't, we're good."

The doctor fiddled around, before sealing her skin back up around her circuits and electronics and machinery. Her body was organic in origin, hence why she still had to eat, even though her organs were all completely artificial.

"All done. You're in perfect working order."

Sitting up with her arm over her breasts, she then smiled. "Of course, these ladies are a bit... of a problem sometimes. This bit extra up top... I don't know how I can fight sometimes."

"Well, think of it this way. All the men around you pay more attention to you because of those."

Snorting, she turned around and pulled a freshly pressed shirt on. Buttoning it up, she stood. "Whatever you say."

Finally dressed, she straightened out her skirt as the intercom on the wall buzzed. "Major Rogers?"

"Yes, this is she. What can I do for you?"

"New orders. You're to be reassigned temporarilly to another military instalation. You are to aide a Xebirth in finding and eliminating a Zerg before he is terminated."

Looking to her right, she peered at the face looking back at her. "Terminated?"

"Yes. He is a target. At the moment, we are unable to ascertain the Zerg's current location, or if it is operating alone or in conjunction with another. There's also spectulation of-"

Groaning, Dizzy lifted her hand to her face. "And you suspect I'm a target as well?"

"Yes, ma'am. Your helicopter leaves in thirty minutes."

Turning to her old friend, Dizzy smiled. "Well, its off to locations exotic."

"You be careful, Dizzy."

Smirking, Dizzy replied, "I usually am."

Sven had changed back to his normal form as he bolted away from his grandfather, then came to a sudden stop as a middle aged man with gray hair landed in the sand in front of him from the sky. Sven made a quick glance at the helocopter as it flew past the horizon.

"You the fox?" The man rubbed his shoulders as he asked the question, one eye closed, the other focused strictly on Sven. He then began brushing the sand off his pants as he smirked, a faint one.

"Just who the hell are you? Wait, why do you smell like dog?" Sven tilted his head to the side and took in another deep breath. "No, wolf."

The mans smile widened a little bit as he looked Sven up and down. "Bout to say, kid, I'm no dog." He slowly walked up to Sven, then extended his hand, "The name's Damian Duvise. your Sven Kitan, right?"

"I've heard that name before, from my grandfather. You faught next to him in the last war, didn't you?" Sven took the mans hand, with hesitation.

"If your grandfather's name is Julian Kitan, the nine-tailed fox, then yes, I faught next to him." He released Sven's hand then let out a sigh. "Like I said, my name is Damian Duvise, leader of the Xebirth spec ops team. There has been a problem recently, and it looks like you have gotten involved."

"Hang on, my grandfather has more than nine tails, ya know? He is up to twelve, at the moment." Sven smiled with pride as Damian raised an eyebrow.

"So, he is up to twelve now, is he? Well then, I'm sure that the Zerg that he is fighting should be of no problem to him. Where is h-" Damian stopped talking as a giant fox leaped over Sven and landed inbetween the two men. "Nevermind, it is good to see you again, Julian. I regret the situation that has brought us together, but it cannot be helped." He bowed slightly at the old fox, not meeting his eyes.

"What is it that you want with my grandchild, Cerberus?" Julian bared his fangs and let out a slow, deep growl that shook the sand under Sven's feet.

"I have not gone by that name in quite some time, Bloodstone. It has been a long time, I have tried to forget that name, but it still seems to fallow me." Damian gave a sad smile that seemed to distant for his features.

"Cerberus? Bloodstone? Hang on, hold up, wait even. What the hell is goin on?" Sven stepped to the side of his grandfather as something plowed into his back, sending him sprawling into the sand, face first. "OW, ow, ow, ow, ow, what the hell?" Sven slowly tood up to see a massive green Zerg standing over him, foaming at the mouth, claws ready to swing.

"Move and the child gets to know how death feels." The Zern turned his dragon-like head and glanced at Damian and Julian.

"That is a bad move, you pathetic insect." Julian seemed to get bigger as he took a step closer to the Zerg. In an instant, the Zerg then took a step back, fear racking his body as he stared at the gigantic fox that towered over it.

"Get away from me you pathetic excuse for a lizard." Sven kicked out his right leg, catching the Zerg behind his left knee, causing it to fall down to his other knee, then sven spun around, got on all fours and blindly changed into his fox, extending his fangs onto the Zerg's neck. With a flick of his neck, the Zerg sprayed blood all over Sven's fur, causing the black coat to shimmer a nasty black crimson in the deserts setting sun.

"Nicely done, kid. Listen, here's the deal. You have two choices, you can come with me, back to Xebrith, or stay here. If you stay, they will keep coming for you, each one being stronger to the last until they over power you and kill you. Or, you could come with me, learn how to really fight, and then come back here one day, like your grandfather here, and make a difference to how things are run around here." Damian stared at Sven as another helocopter landed onto the sand behind him. Without even looking back, Sven ran after Damian, jumping into the chopper, nodding to his grandfather as he watched the elderly man get smaller as the helocopter left the desert, heading to the Xebirth headquarters.

Saio drummed his black nails now again on his desk at the base, irritated. He'd just spent several hours at the hospital, only to be released in perfect condition. Looking around, (and having been extremely careful about entering his room) he saw nothing interesting to occupy himself with. Boy watching kind of lost its appeal, especially after earlier.

A knock came to his door, and Saio looked over. "Come in! Door's open."

A rather plain woman opened the door, and bowed her head. "Miss Cross?"

Smiling slightly, he answered. "Yes, this is MISTER Cross."

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" She began fretting, and Saio raised his hand to calm her. "It's quite alright, no worries. Now, what was it you needed?" He leaned foreward, his hand supporting his head.

"The helicopter with Major Katrina Rogers is about to arrive, ETA five minutes. The General wishes you to meet with her."

"I see. Thank you. You may go now."

"Yes, sir."

Standing, he walked to the door as the woman walked away. He sniffed the air, but she smelled human.

Heading torwards the helipad, he smiled. This at least, would occupy his time for just a little bit longer. And who knows? Maybe they'd have some jointed attacks on a Zerg. Saio was quite curious as to see how this robo-woman fought, as well as what she even looked like.

He arrived at the helipad, and spotted the chopper heading torwards him. The wind was blowing, but he couldn't make out any distinctive scents.

A slight bit of a vulnerable area right now, especially with the wind blowing. As the chopper lowered down, Saio lifted his hand to sheild his eyes from the sun to peer at the people inside. To his sensitive ears, though, the sound of the chopper blades through the air were unbearable up close, so he was quite a distance away.

However, Saio was quite surprised when a rather pretty woman in a military uniform jumped down from the helicopter before it flew off. She was rather top heavy, and of course her body was simply stunning.

"Wow... Talk about well manufactured." Saio said, when she had gotten close enough for her to hear him. He lifted his hand to shake hers, and she smiled. "Of course.The Military does have it's perks. I'm Katrina Rogers, but you can call me Dizzy."

"Saio Cross. Pleasure to meet you. Shall we get going? We have alot to talk about."

"Yes, I've been breifed. You have a little Zerg problem?"

The youthful person before her smiled, and began walking. Dizzy couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman, even with her artificial specialties.

"Forgive me for asking, but are you male or female?"

"Male, officially. But its fun to confuse people, and those who make the mistake of underestimating me pay quite dearly. I already plan on serving the Zerg who tried to kill me a nice, healthy helping of pain."

"It seems we have a bit in common. I'm for some reason a target as well." The boy only smiled. "Well, would you like to help me sniff one out? I read your files earlier when I found out you would be coming to the base." He looked her up and down, and shrugged. "Nice body, for someone who's old enough to be my mother."

Dizzy furrowed her brow. "Mother? Just how old are you?" Dizzy was intrigued by this man, and not just because of his dress.

"I'll leave it you to guess. But, We have more pressing needs to address. The zerg who tried to kill me is still at large. I know his face, but it's still rather hard to just sniff him out or look at military records to spot him."

"Being as old as I am, I've picked up on Zerg behavior."

"So have I. But, come, let's eat something."

Following the boy in front of her, Dizzy couldn't help but like him. Obviously, he wasn't human. Looking him up and down, the tell tale signs were all but obvious, aside from the pretty golden color of his eyes and the short though claw-like nails. On reaching the cafeteria, they sat down after getting some food.

"So, You're a Xebirth, right?" Dizzy inquired,m though already knew the answer.

"Getting that just from observing me? Yes, I am. I'm the killer kitty." He smiled, and bit into the cheeseburger he had gotten. "Perhaps us being in the open will allow the Zerg to... get ideas."

"You think he'll want to challenge us?"

"Of course. Zerg are rather proud, and can't tolerate any kind of critisim, at least from those like us. We are, after all, human."

"Or something like it." Dizzy bit into her own sandwich, a pork tenderloin. She savored the taste, thankful that she had such a sense. The tenderloin was good, very good.

"Anyway, what's your idea?" she said, after swallowing.

"Simple. We call him out." His eyes darted to their left, and he nodded in that direction. "Him."

"Oh? It appears you were right." Glancing over, she too could see that the man in question was checking them out, though was trying to be sneaky about it. Judging from his demeanor, behavior, and appearence, he was indeed a Zerg.

Standing up, she walked over to a podium, and tapped on the mic. "Excuse me, may I have your attention?"

The hum drum of the room stopped, and all eyes were on her. "I am Major Katrina Rogers. I am here to investigate the earlier bombing here on the base, as it is suspected that the coward who placed the bomb was indeed a Zerg." She paused, and Saio smirked at her, nodding. The Zerg was looking rather angry.

"The Zerg, we beleive, has been masqurading as a naval officer, as we all know they are too handicapped and foolish to try to get higher up in the chain of command. This of course, has been proven with several incidents. Let's give them a bit of a sympathy applause for their meager, and redundant efforts." She laughed, andseveral others began to clap as well. The Zerg by this point was making his way to Dizzy, and Saio on his trail. "We also know the Zerg is here in this room."

The clapping instantly stopped, and people began to look around to one another. The Zerg's eyes were focused solely on her, though he had stopped as well.

"But, it's no matter, of course he's too retarded and stupid to even think of taking me on."

There was suddely a "HAI!" And the Zerg went flying forward, smashing into the podium. Dizzy had been staning behind. Saio was right behind where the Zerg had been standing, his leg still raised in the air. "That was for messing up my hair."

The Zerg managed to jump up before Dizzy delivered a kick of her own, this one dropping her leg through the wooden floor, causing peices of wood and other such building materials and debiris up into the air.

Saio sauntered over, and picked up the Zerg, only to deliver a bitch smack from hell. The Zerg went flying again, though this time not as far. However, he managed to get his bearings, and there was am intrusive grating sound as he used a transformed arm to dig his glaws into the wooden floor to stop.

"It seems you discovered who I am, swine. I'll teach you to bad mouth my people..." Letting out a gutteral roar, the Zerg began to transform.

"OUT! EVERYONE OUT NOW!" Saio screamed, and the troops began to run away and out of the room, leaving only Dizzy and Saio. The Zerg, now fully transformed, charged at Dizzy, his monstrous claws simed directly for her torso.

"I don't think so, bub." Bending over backwards, Dizzy placed her hands on the floor and swung her body up to deliver a devastating kick to the Zerg's jaw. A black and white blurr zipped across her feild of vision as she brought her feet back down to the floor, and the Zerg sailed over head into a far wall.

Now taking a look, she could see that Saio had fully transformed himself, and grown quite a bit. He was massive, and perfect for the role of kicking some Zerg ass.

Or tail. Whichever.

"Well, talk about a change... Nice coat." Dizzy remarked, and the now monstrous Saio bared his teeth in what she assumed was his attempt at a smile. "Thanks." He growled, his voice much deeper now. Looking over at the Zerg now removing itself from the wall, he cocked his head. "Looks like we might want to take this one alive."

"I was thinking that... But do you know how to take it down with out killing it?"

Saio shrugged. "Uh.... no...."

"Then I guess we make do!"

Charging, Dizzy ran full force at the Zern, if only to be suddenly met with a blow to her side. She rocketed into the adjacent wall.

"My turn." Saio growled. He leapt up into the air, smashing down onto the Zerg, after having used the opportunity of Dizzy's being knocked to the side.

The Zerg grasped Saio's ankle, and swung him down into a table. Kicking out with his foot, Saio felt the grip on him loosen, and he rolled away, if only to roll back onto his feet and at launch himself at the Zerg. They managed to grasp each other, they trying to force each other back. With a growl, Saio thrust the Zerg's arms downward, and brought his knee up to the Zerg's chin. The Zerg let go of him, and Saio whirled to deliver another kick to the side of it's head.

It fell to the left, and Saio managed to dig his claws into it's chest before it fell, pinning it against the wall.

"Saio, I think it's too late for the poor bastard. We failed to bring it in alive."

"No matter." Saio remarked, removing the Zerg's heart in one fell motion. It glared at him as it coughed up massive amounts of blood, and it slumped to the floor. Looking at the heart in his hand, he sniffed it, and tossed it away, reverting to his usual self. "Man, this thing reeks!"

Bequlu stared at the presumed position of the Zerg.

"This one would be an easy kill... if I were in water." he thought to himself. As he paused for this moment the Zerg found its way to Bequlu. Showing off its wicked razor teeth it slashed at Bequlu nicking the back of his tunic and wounding him slightly.
He could here the beast chuckle as the blood trickled from its claws.

"A petite wound from a worthless creature." Bequlu laughed as he let go of the ledge. The Zerg followed. Intent on killing him and nothing else, but to its surprise Bequlu was now morphed into his shark form and swiftly coming for him. In one mighty slash the Zerg was no more. Bequlu had bitten of a large section in its chest.

"Now for the true task." he said grabbing onto the lifeless Zerg now back in his normal form. His plan was to use the claws of the Zerg like a grappling hook. Thankfully, the idea worked just as he was about to hit the floor with the Zerg making a sickening "[I]SPLAT[/I]" as it met it.

"Hmm. Now to find that young woman...." Bequlu noted to himself.

[center]Derg Base Cafeteria

[LEFT]The cafeteria doors slung open with a swift kick, the metal handles ricocheting off the cinderblock walls. In their wake stood Veil, hair strewn and eyes wild, clothes tattered and blood splattered about her. She noticed the bloody mess from the fight, Dizzy and Saio at the center of it.

"Don't worry, you'll have plenty more opportunity for that," she said, nearly out of breath, exasperated, "Your names better be Saio Cross and Dizzy Rogers, because I am sick of jumping Zerg-born hurdles in our own damn buidlings to find you both. I need you to come with me."

She looked back over her shoulder at the main building towering over the base, seeing a helicopter landing above it.

Veil turned back to them, "Please, Damian Duvise requests your presence."
[/LEFT]

[/center]

Damian jumped out of the helocopter before it landed and walked briskly over to a computer terminal, with Sven on his heels. "So, this is the capital, huh?" Sven looked around, gawking at all the tall buildings, almost ramming into Damian when he stopped. "Whatcha doin?" He tried to peak over the larger man's shoulder. "Hey that looks interesting, what is that thing? Is that a new model of a computer? Where is the mainframe?" He stopped talking as Damian turned around and glared at him.

"Will you shut your mouth, kid? Here's the deal, there has been a couple of problems around here. Seems like everyone is in mess hall, so we are going to my office. Fallow me and dont get left behind." He turned from the monitor, and Sven noticed the words posted before he jogged to catch up to the old wolf.

"So, you told your counter parts to meet there? Is that why the monitor said 'Pup, get to my office, now.'?" Sven eyed the man then let out a sigh. "Fine, play the quiet, old, grumpy man. Doesn't matter to me in the least." Sven closed one eye and looked Damian up and down with the other.

"Your never quiet are you?"

"Whats that mean? That I don't know when to shut up? Hey I take offense to that." Sven clenched his jaw when he saw Damian let out a sigh. "Sorry, sometimes I talk first and think later when im nervous." He fallowed Damian into a nicely furnished room with a big desk, and large leather sofa. "Is this real leather?"

"No, its fake. I have the same feeling about it as you do. But, its what the higher ups want our office to have, so I have one." Damain sat in the large chair behind the desk and motioned to Sven to sit on the couch, which he did, with hessitation. "So, now we wait for the pup to get here with the other three."