OtakuBoards

Kick ***(the other kind of hero)

CaNz

[IMG]http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt278/PandasQ/kickstuffposter.jpg[/IMG]

This movie just hit the theaters though its comic has been out for some time now, and it has taken me a bit by suprise as one of the best super hero movies. I dont know if its on the "Dark Knight" or "Iron Man" category, but for a movie that is based off a largely unknown comic, I would have to say that they did a very good job.

though i dont think me saying this is worth a thread, i have been encouraged to make one, so go ahead and tell me how you guys like the movie.... Or better yet tell me why you don't want to go see it, if you don't plan on going, and i will try to convince you to do so.

[quote name='CaNz'] Or better yet tell me why you don't want to go see it if you don't plan on going and i will try to convince you to do so.[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]Good luck convincing me. I'm pretty thick-headed when it comes to seeing movies that don't interest me. The movie just comes off as another one of those parody types, and I have no interest in those.[/font][/color]

this is actually not a parody at all.
this is its own story, starting as a comic then moving to the big screen.
it is not really so much of a super hero movie as it is a action flick, mixed with a teen drama.

i would say it is a fusion between History of violence and maybe a bit of "sex drive" though the comedy in the movie is not the main focus.

also, its got a good moral and though it has a lot of action and comedy it is sad at times, the roller coaster of emotion was my favorite part of the ride.

[quote name='Magus'][font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]Good luck convincing me. I'm pretty thick-headed when it comes to seeing movies that don't interest me. The movie just comes off as another one of those parody types, and I have no interest in those.[/font][/color][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] If you're not interested in a hilarious movie with a ****ing bad-*** girl who delivers some of the most satisfying actions scenes I've ever seen, then don't watch it[/font]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms] If you're not interested in a hilarious movie with a ****ing bad-*** girl who delivers some of the most satisfying actions scenes I've ever seen, then don't watch it[/font][/QUOTE]

[quote name='Lunox to Ace'][font=trebuchet ms]chill out bro[/font][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]Take your own advice, girlie.

Don't ruin it for Canz, he has me convinced a bit.[/font][/color]

Though normally i am an instigator as well, i have decided to play the part of the pacifist for this thread since it was created from an unnecessary overreaction.

That being said, lets try to keep this free from witty counters Magus. I'd rather not have anyone be put on the defence over choice in movies. I already corrected Lunox and pushing the point is asking for retaliation.

(yes, a violent movie has a peaceful thread... BRILLIANT!)
(also, i will try my best to always use the right capitalization in peoples screen names from now on; for some reason it upsets me when i see mine done wrong... so i will stop doing it myself!)

[quote name='Magus'][font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]Take your own advice, girlie.

Don't ruin it for Canz, he has me convinced a bit.[/font][/color][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms]i just tell it like it is my man

[img]http://i40.tinypic.com/1z3se1h.jpg[/img]

in other news I had a publicist offer us the chance to interview Mintz-Plasse and Duke this Friday but OF COURSE finals studying gets in the way...curses because I have started to really like Mintz-Plasse since Role Models. [spoiler]double curses because finals studying has also prevented me from snagging a seat at an advance screening of Iron Man 2. i bled tears[/spoiler]

[/font]

[quote name='CaNz']Though normally i am an instigator as well, i have decided to play the part of the pacifist for this thread since it was created from an unnecessary overreaction.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Note to self, offhanded, half-joking comments about what might or might not merit a thread of its own=unnecessary overreaction. Hold back on attempts to be helpful.

This movie looks good. I may see it sometime. I'll probably wait until it's on DVD, though.[/FONT]

[quote name='Lunox']i just tell it like it is my man[/quote]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]And I <3 that about you. Don't change that for nobody. We still tv buddies. :catgirl:

And now back to your regular scheduled program.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Note to self, offhanded, half-joking comments about what might or might not merit a thread of its own=unnecessary overreaction. [/FONT][/quote]
you see through me like glass Ace, (me not being an instigator... it doesnt take Allamorph to see through that lie.)

on another note, reviews for kick ***:
Rotten tomatoes: 4/5stars, and 77% positive reviews.
Internet Movie Database: 8.5/10stars
Filmjabber: B
Metascore: 66(generally favorable) user score: 8.6
TopTenReviews: 2.9283/4
Flickdirect: A

there are more, but i think this might help people decide, since over 3 out of every 4 people liked it.
really, odds are your gonna like it.

• 2 weeks later...
If you haven't seen this film yet, you're missing out on witnessing one of the greatest pieces of art of our time. Kick *** is a freaking masterpiece. Seriously. you will have one of the best film experiences ever watching this film.

[size=5]IT'S BRILLIANT[/size]

[quote name='Boo']If you haven't seen this film yet, you're missing out on witnessing one of the greatest pieces of art of our time. Kick *** is a freaking masterpiece. Seriously. you will have one of the best film experiences ever watching this film.

[size=5]IT'S BRILLIANT[/size][/QUOTE]

[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/29w4e51.gif[/img]

[size=1]

I just saw it two days ago. Really, really enjoyed it. Hit-Girl is probably the greatest action-heroine I've ever seen on film, period. Also, this was really good for Nick Cage, me thinks.[/size]