OtakuBoards

7 Masks of Ra

Akieen Cloud

[color="#000080"][font="Comic Sans MS"]This will be a mature RP, you have been warned.

January 8, 3506

I hate doing this...such a waste of freakin time...making us type journal entries in this stupid computer to make sure that we aren't unstable...like we're stable to begin with? Well...here goes.

For years they have been promiseing to let us go, they have been telling us that one day soon we could rejoin mankind and live normal lives. But anymore whenever we hear this promise we just shake out heads and let what's left of our hope go.
See we're what the scientists have nicknamed Project Ra, we were just normal people at one point but something in our blood made us able to be genectically altered. There are some of us that have super speed, some with superstregth, some who have hightened scenses of smell and others who became super computers. The scientists all have special names for us but I just call them something simple so as not to forget. There used to be hundreds of us, maybe more in this god forsaken place but for some reason our numbers have been dwindleing. Now it's just my self and six others. I myself, I'm what I've dubbed a Tracker, someone given the capabilities to smell things normal humans can't, I'm not really able to compare it to any animal's for it's ten times stronger than that of a dogs. Hence the names Tracker. Than there are the Hulks, those of us that have super strength, and Hulk isn't just a pet name either. These people could rip the door to a bank vault off it's hinges without breaking a sweat and go back for more. Racers, super speed. Remember the old justice leauge cartoons with Flash? Yeah, he stands still in comparison to the best Racers we have. And last but most certainly not least, the Brains. Brains are the most taken for granted here. I knew one Brain that could hack into the homeland security computer in under 2 seconds. These guys and girls are smart, and I mean smarter than smart. They are basically a super computer packaged into the human mind and held there to soak up facts and information. Now each person also has something that lets just say they excell in, me? I excell in distance tracking, I can track a person or animal, or even thing for days on end without ever loseing the scent or trail. Others were better at boost tracking, finding something that had just recently been lost. Hulks, well they're all pretty much the best at one thing, distruction. No way around that one. Racers, well they're either fast, or well, superfast. The last Racer I knew could reach speeds that vehicals haven't even dreamed of. And Brains, well they can do it all basically. Some are better at strategies, some are better with memorization, some are just plain geniouses and others, well they were quarintined because the head of the project saw tham as dangerous weapons due to how much information they could retain. Now where we are is a mystery in itself, all we've seen since most of us were 2 was the holographic sky that these ass holes have put for us, I can't even tell you what a flower smells like anymore...But thing is no one knows where we are, which is kinda stupid if you know how big this place is. But as I said lately most of us are vanishing, like they were never there. Hundreds, maybe thousands of us gone in what felt like the blink of an eye. No one knows where they went, the techies don't say much to us anyway and usually when they do it's to boss us around and tell us where to go. Now there's a confuseing concept huh? We're the ones with super human alilites but we let slinky little humans boss us around like they own us...all of us were installed with what I like to call a 'shutup' switch. It's a small microchip in the base of our skulls that if we ever get out of hand, it shocks the shit out of us, sometimes kills us. Hey we might have greater alilities, but inside we're still just humans, we can die just as easily as the piss ants that run this place.
But back to the main subject. Apparently there's this test that my self and the six others here have to do, if we pass we get something in return. If we fail...well, I don't want to this about the failing part right now...

Name: Scarlet Burosh
Age(between 25-40) : 26
Appearance(Picture or districption) : See attachment
Weapon(it is futureistic, but we can't get our hands on actual weapons. Be creative. Think of something you might be able to find in a mental hospital to turn into a weapon) : An old water heater pipe
Classifaction(Tracker, Hulk, Racer, Brain) : Tracker
Disorder(All of our characters have some kind of disorder, be it a phobia, or mental state. Be creative) : Anger Problems, they haven't been able to lable it but she has sudden bursts of anger.
Journal entry: Above[/font][/color] Edited by Knuckles' Girl

[center][b][font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]Name:[/color][/size][/font][/b] [font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]
Jenna Standford[/color][/size][/font]
[b][font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]Age:[/color][/size][/font][/b] [font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]
23[/color][/size][/font] [b][font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]
Gender:[/color][/size][/font][/b] [font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]
Female[/color][/size][/font] [b][font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]
Appearance:[/color][/size][/font][/b] [font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]
See below journal entry.[/color][/size][/font][b][font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]
Weapon;[/color][/size][/font][/b] [font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]Stolen ball point pen/Mouth wash/hairspray[/color][/size][/font] [font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]Pen has been re-made into a weapon filled with the ink/mouthwash. For blinding anyone in the eyes.[/color][/size][/font] [font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]The hairspray is a small container, could come in handy. I mean just spray at the face or get your hands on fire.[/color][/size][/font] [b][font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]
Classifaction :[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]Racer[/color][/size][/font] [b][font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]
Disorder:[/color][/size][/font][/b] [font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]
Amaxophobia(Fear of riding in a car)/Automatonophobia(Fear of ventriloquist's dummies, animatronic creatures, wax statues - anything that falsely represents a sentient being.)[/color][/size][/font]
[b][font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]Journal entry:[/color][/size][/font][/b] [font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]
Well here we are again. Woopy Doodaa! Force to write these futile entries. Damn I hate being still for such a long period of time...[/color][/size][/font]

[font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]I've lost count of the years/days/hours that pass as I've been genetically altered. Made into their project like lab rats, easily replaced if failure occurs.[/color][/size][/font] [font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]Bet you can tell I hold some type of grudge from all that's happened huh? Well aren't you a fucking genius and I applaud you. You can't imagine or begin to comprehend all[/color][/size][/font] [font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]that I feel towards this prison of "science". It's a mixture of such deep hatred yet loving at a certain point. The love which comes from all the people I've met here. The[/color][/size][/font] [font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]ones just like me in more ways than one. I considered most family...but the numbers have gone so low. We use to be of so many, hundreds to thousands. Now we're simply seven in total that I know of. How did that happen? I ask, because it happened to quickly for even myself whos a racer. Left me feeling emptier than what I already was. Ah yes! You may have questioned the racer part. See we were all altered to have different abilities. It's like a sub-category on how we're labeled. Our major category is mutants (I call it that. Heard a "Brainy" call us that.) and then we're split into sub-categories. Which are: Trackers/Racers/Brains/Hulks. Trackers are pretty sweet sniffers, it's funny how some trackers point out our Bosses odor issue and they play guess what shit they ate). Racers like myself, well we're pretty fucking fast and awesome. We're faster than evos/subarus/skylines...any racing car you can think of..even more. It's possible to even rip through time and space for a very few selected. But...I won't say so take that! Brains are smartasses...simple as that. Hulks are well have you ever heard of the show The Incredible HULK? Or even read the comics? Just in case you haven't, their simply strong as hell. Stronger than construction vehicles. These nifty names came from a tracker named, [/color][/size][/font][font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]Scarlet[/color][/size][/font]. [font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]Our actual names are pretty well bland and such.[/color][/size][/font][font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"][/color][/size][/font][font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"] I think I got it covered right? Do you wonder why we're so obedient instead of creating a rebellion? That's because we have a fucking "puppet" chip installed in our brains. They say jump, we forcibly say how high. If not...we're dead/paralyzed/anything not good basically. Sucks don't it? What did you think? That we're all invincible? Fuck that! They made us special indeed but in the inside we're all human baby.[/color][/size][/font] [font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]We bleed like humans, hurt, get sick and even die. Like I said we're disposable and replaceable. But while we're still useful and alive, we enjoy the few things we can. I myself know I look upon the holographic sky and the night sky full of fake stars...just like us no? Ha what am I saying really, who knows. That's the closest I'll ever get to looking at the sky. I barely remember the noise of the city, the industrial smell, moss from a rainy day...Hell I don't know how rain feels or the cold. I forgot what snow even looks like, I've been in here since I was a toddler. Ugh that's it, I don't feel like typing this crap anymore. It just gets me riled up and well I'll keep that to myself. What did you expect me to write?[/color][/size][/font][color="#2f4f4f"]
[img]http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee226/Phipps1666/cool-girl.jpg[/img]

[/color][font="Garamond"][size="2"][color="#2f4f4f"]Oh man...it's been a long time since I've rp'd. Hopefully I didn't suck to bad at sign-ups. I'll most likely add more to my journal entry if it's not good enough. Lovely story. <3[/color][/size][/font] [/center] Edited by Persona

[font="'Arial Narrow"][size=2][color="#000000"]Name: Alli[/color][/size][/font]
[font="'Arial Narrow"][size=2][color="#000000"]Age: 25[/color][/size][/font]
[font="'Arial Narrow"][size=2][color="#000000"]Gender: Female[/color][/size][/font]
[font="'Arial Narrow"][size=2][color="#000000"]Appearance: She's petite. Blonde. Quite pale, as a result of the long incarceration in the facility, in fact objectively you could almost call her 'colourless'. She's non-descript and doesn't stand out, except for her eyes. When she focuses her full attention onto a person, it can be an uncomfortable feeling. But for the most part, she listens. She has no superhuman strength or speed, and in many ways she's quite fragile. [/color][/size][/font]
[font="'Arial Narrow"][size=2][color="#000000"]Weapon: Alli's mental abilities have given her access to some precious things which other mutants don't: playing cards. Writing and drawing implements. Pencil sharpeners. And with infinite patience she took advantage of these things. The playing cards have been refined so that every edge is thin as a razor, to the point where merely touching the edge can cut you. She was required to use the blade from the pencil sharpener to work on each edge, but now she's stacked the deck in her favour. [If you'll excuse the pun.][/color][/size][/font]
[font="'Arial Narrow"][size=2][color="#000000"]Classification: Brain[/color][/size][/font]
[font="'Arial Narrow"][size=2][color="#000000"]Disorder: ADD. Do you know how hard it is to keep a mental giant's attention? In addition, she suffers from crippling headaches at inconvenient times. It would be fine if she could just [i]shut off her mind[/i] but it races around constantly. These have led to her being physically frail. She's not ill, exactly, but she's not the epitome of health, either.[/color][/size][/font]
[font="'Arial Narrow"][size=2][color="#000000"]Journal Entry:[/color][/size][/font]
[font="'Arial Narrow"][color="#000000"][size=2]
[/size][/color][/font]
[font="'Arial Narrow"][color="#000000"][size=2]I have no explanation for this. I know 12 languages. I can remember everything that I read or see or hear, and I have spent a lifetime absorbing information. I have heard people call me a 'sponge' in the most sincere sense. I am a 'brain' in the facility discourse. I can analyse logistic possibilities in seconds. And yet nothing, [i]nothing[/i] I find can explain why we have dwindled from thousands to merely seven. Nothing of a natural cause, at least. I cannot help but conclude that there is something sinister out there, and when I am alone, when the tests have ceased for the day, I am left to ponder why [i]we[/i] are the seven left. [/size][/color][/font]
[/size][/color][/font]
[font="'Arial Narrow"][color="#000000"][size=2]These journal entries are to ensure our mental wellbeing in this experiment. I have never been comfortable with the idea of putting my thoughts on paper. I cannot keep up with my thoughts long enough to simply 'jot' them down. I don't know if I could even speak fast enough. Writing for me is similar to shackling myself, it drains me to simply constrain what I think into these sentences. I become sidetracked time and time again. I almost think it would be easier if they allowed me to write in another language, as a way to divert some of my energies. But they don't want to have to employ a translator in order to decipher our journal entries. [/size][/color][/font]
[/size][/color][/font]
[font="'Arial Narrow"][color="#000000"][size=2]...They've been testing more rigorously than usual. Memory games, games of chess that are concluded in one move, calculations of other subjects' speed and strength. They take me to the same room every 30 minutes and I must tell them what they've changed. What has moved. They've started me in training to analyse facial features, to read body language. I don't mind these things, I don't mind learning, and if it weren't for the fear that they will be using these skills to a nefarious end, I would revel in it. If it weren't for the non-scientific need to know [i]where[/i] I come from, where we come from, to understand the outside world, then I would be almost content. But as it stands, I do not understand this world. I understand only the institution. I know 12 languages....however I am only [i]permitted[/i] to use one.[/size][/color][/font]
[/size][/color][/font]
[font="'Arial Narrow"][size=2][color="#000000"][attachment=14738:rpg photo.jpg][/color][/size][/font]

[color="#4169E1"][font="Book Antiqua"][b]Name:[/b] Branka Tolbert
[b]Age: [/b]27
[b]Gender:[/b] Female
[b]Appearance : [/b] Check below for a photo of Branka. Branka, her hair kept short by those who manage the facility, is usually pretty unkempt unless they decide to clean her up for more tests. She's very picky when it comes to clothes, although she wishes she was, and will usually wear anything. Not that there is much of a choice anyways. Thanks to an accident as a child and the more dangerous lab tests, her only real distinguishing feature is various scars on her body, differing in size and length.
[b]Weapon:[/b] Leather straps. Not much of a weapon, but in Branka's strong hands, she can easily choke someone or break bones with this.
[b]Classification:[/b] Hulk
[b]Disorder:[/b] Thanks to the experiments, Branka has Eisoptrophobia, a fear of mirrors or seeing herself in a mirror. Because of this, she is usually unkempt. However, she has Maieusiophobia, a fear of childbirth, from when she was young. Besides both of these, she has a dependent personality disorder. She relies on others, even though others rely on her because of her strength, and she is afraid of losing the people that she meets. Thanks to the experiments though, this relying on people has turned into a severe case of Monophobia.
Journal entry: I can't sleep, so I might as well fill out these stupid pieces of paper. They want us to write down our thoughts, feelings, or something like that. It's been...Well I don't know how long it's been since I came here, but it's been years is all I can say. I don't know why I was chosen, or if it was just at random. All I know is, I just wish I could go back to being a normal girl. Sure I had my quirks, but this place has screwed me over big time. I might have some new strength, but I never asked for it. And thanks to them I can't even look in a mirror without seeing this monster! Why did they do this to me?

I could have been normal, normal, normal. Without all of these stupid muscles, living like normal girls with makeup and dresses and all of that good stuff. Now I'm a freak. The only good thing out of all of this is, I can protect myself this time. It won't ever happen again. Not never ever. I won't ever let that happen ever. That time when I was a child...I don't even want to think about it again. I have the scars, and that is bad enough.

They try to get me to talk to the others, which is actually the only thing I look forward to. I hate being alone, and I hate even more the thought of losing the other experiments that I've met so far. Because of my fears though, I have to have someone with me pretty much wherever I go, even in places where other people would prefer privacy. But enough about my messed up self, it's almost lights out. Tomorrow is a new day, which means new muscles and more strength. I'm such a monster...[/font][/color] Edited by Lilt

• 2 weeks later...
[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Alright, great characters so far. I just wanted to put out there that there can be more than one person who has the same class. I need at least 7 people for the plot I have in store for this thing. So if anyone is stll interested please fell free to sign up.[/color][/font]

I'm interested. Is it okay if there's a mix of more than one classification? Don't worry, with my set-up, my character can't use two different abilities at the same time. I don't think he can count as two people. Hahaha. I hope this pushes through.

EDIT: I don't know if you've noticed, but I made the Journal Entry longer, and somewhat better (or at least it would be plausible that the scientist people wouldn't suspect that he really does have a mental disorder. I don't know if they even care lol.)

EDIT EDIT: A little note I forgot to put in the journal entry... Aside from analyzing what makes stuff, he can also calculate distances and dimensions without the need for calculators...or something like that.

Name: John Quilt/Jack (Quilt)

Appearance: He is of average height and build, has brown hair that's not too short and not too long, has skin that's neither pale nor tanned, and has dark golden brown eyes. Yeah, he's pretty much your average, next-door-neighbor-type guy when it comes to appearance. As for clothing, he says he favors nothing in particular, but he is fond of hoodies, cargo shorts, and sneakers.

Weapon: a door handle that went loose somehow (if ever that's possible... either that, or a doctor's pen, or maybe a syringe...a used one)

Classification: Brain (John)/Tracker (Jack)

Disorder : He thinks that he might have split personality/dissociative identity disorder, but is not sure. He does talk to himself a lot (either by conversation or journal/diary entry), and refers to his "other self" as Jack.

Journal entry:
Jack,

We're still here. It's been a long time ever since they've started keeping us here. I wonder what's become of our family... I hope they're not here. I wouldn't want them to go through what we're going through.

It's like we're doomed to die either way. We either die from their experiments or we die from not complying. And now, they plan to test us... What if we fail?

[right]John[/right]

John,

Sorry if I can't seem to help us! Sure, they experimented on us and we gained freaking powers, but what can we do?! It would be okay if I'm like those so-called Hulks, or if you could move things with your mind! No, we only know where the exit is, but we can't even get there... Great. I'm hoping this test they're talking about would give us some opportunity to do something.

And by the way, we know what became of our family. They're not here anymore.

[right]Jack[/right]

*John looks at what they typed and erases it. They do know that the journal is to make sure that they stay sane, so John starts again.*

Jack,

It's another day of experiments again. I don't know how much I can take this. You're probably the only one I can "talk" to right now. Thanks for being there.

As much as I would like to know all about this so-called Project Ra that's probably named by people who still can't get over Egyptian mythology, I can't. Not even with me being a Brain, or so this lady named Scarlet calls people who have abilities like mine. The scientists running this whole thing have found out I have an aptitude for analyzing the composition of things, an ability which requires me to have more than just visual input. Then they found out that i also sometimes have the ability to smell things from far away. But even with these two abilities, I can't read their minds or smell what they think.

I, and probably the others, have noticed that our numbers are dwindling. As of now, if my calculations are correct, there are only six others. I wonder what happened? Does it have something to do with this test they're planning for us?

I think the chances of being able to leave are minimal, but I would like to express my desire to go back home. I still know it's there.

[right]John[/right] Edited by Solayo

Name: Mari Tsugimou (the name "Mari" in Japanese can mean "their rebellion")

Age: 25 (I would prefer to actually make her 18, but if 25 is the minimum, that will do.)

Appearance: See picture for reference. Her mother was Japanese and her father Chinese. She has very few memories of either of them. Her hair is a little longer than shoulder length, though she keeps her bangs a little bit shorter. She usually wears dark simple clothing - not that she has a huge wardrobe to choose from. She is quiet and withdrawn, and her clothing usually reflects that. She is also fond of scarves. However, the additions or changes to her clothing, and/or colors of her scarves, reveal what... erm... mood she's in.

Weapon: She always carries around a spool of floss, sometimes more than one, tucked into some pocket or another. She is also fond of knitting, and often keeps the plastic or wooden, blunted (they won't give her anything too sharp or strong) knitting needles in her hair.

Classification: Brain

Disorder: All that information. All that stored knowledge and whirling, thinking, non-stop psychological activity... it's just too much for one person. Thus, Mari has become more than just... one person. She is schizophrenic and has multiple personalities in conjunction with whatever delusions her mind makes her see from time to time. The specialists have identified at least three separate personalities that manifest within the girl. One called Mai, who is rather quick tempered, and rarely in a good mood. Masculine in nature no loyalties can be kept with her. The shy, easily swayed Ari, an almost childlike persona of Mari's, even younger than the woman herself seems to act normally. And Ai, who is, in comparison to Mai, Ari, or Mari, a loving sort, easy going and understanding; the last one to start a fight. Another personality may have been starting to peek out, every now and then... but it hasn't really named itself, of yet. Each of the personalities seems to be stronger in one mental faculty over the others, though they are all exceptionally bright. Mari has insanely quick deductive skills in logical problem solving and retains information with inhuman accuracy. Mai has a photographic memory, in perfect detail, instantly recallable. Ari has perfect audio recall. If she hears a song, a specific sound, or a person's voice, she can instantly recall what or who that sound belongs to. Ai sees and deciphers patterns of almost any size or complexity. The last personality (if it is truly the last) seems to have a much more subtle ability, not yet completely explainable, though when in this personality, however brief, Mari (or whatever the personality's name may be) has the uncanny ability to "read" people (ie Think of the show "Lie to Me" which deals with micro expressions, facial, body, voice indicators, etc).

Journal:

Day 3,742.

I have finished my latest knitting. There were only two errors in the stitching this time, a manufacturer's error in the yarn. A shame. I will have to request more high quality goods. I have little doubt that they will attempt to fulfill my request, but that certainly also is in effect in the probability of their failure.

Fucking assholes....

I do hope, though, that I'll be able to get some spring and summer colors. Even in the artificial lighting of the halls, one may appreciate the vibrancy in the dyes used to color the yarn. Perhaps some intriguing fabrics would be enjoyable as well. Oooh, yes! Then I could give them as gifts, when next I get to see some of the others. Perhaps I will s[s]ee if[/s]

They promised I would be able to play with the synthesizer again if I was a good girl. I want to be a good girl. I really, really do. I am I good girl. It's just [s]sometimes, I[/s]

I am so tired. I wonder if the others will come to play soon. I do so easily grow tired of these mindless games they have me play. At times, they are infinitesimally pleasurable, but their trifles do not have the depth and adaptability desired to present a challenge for any length of time.

I ho[s]pe that[/s]

If this inane behavior does not cease, [s]I swear, I'll[/s]

Sometimes it gets so dreadfully quiet... and yet, the noise just won't stop. If I [s]could just[/s]

[s]If only I[/s]

I must get out.

[img]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs17/f/2007/193/3/c/Something_beautiful__by_zemotion.jpg[/img]
Picture for reference only. Copyright the wonderful DA artist [url="http://zemotion.deviantart.com/"]Zemotion[/url]