OtakuBoards

FLCL Avatar and Signature please?

Botar

If anyone could be so kind as to make me an FLCL based avatar and signature, that would be great!

And bonus points if its Haruko!

Thanks!:biggrin:

Here are some pics to work off of.
[img]http://xfluffybunnyx.com/Gallery/albums/flcl/flcl_haruko0018.jpg[/img]

[img]http://animeholicph.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/haruko-flcl.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/dragonvision/FLCL_haruko_1024x768_3.jpg[/img] Edited by Botar

[b]I actually had both a Haruko avatar and signature for quite a while. So I'll see what I can do. I have some really good FLCL artwork anyways, and it was a really good show. :biggrin:

So besides the theme, what do you want for the banner and avatar? Any text or border or anything?[/b]

[b]I have one other idea for a banner if you don't like this one. If you do like this one though, I will put the finishing touches on it.

So anything you want me to change?[/b]

[img]http://i47.tinypic.com/2dv1w0.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Lilt' date='30 June 2010 - 04:34 PM' timestamp='1277930043' post='696222']
[b]I have one other idea for a banner if you don't like this one. If you do like this one though, I will put the finishing touches on it.

So anything you want me to change?[/b]

[img]http://i47.tinypic.com/2dv1w0.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

[color="#008000"]Ohhh. Me likey, me likey. But, is there any way we can make Lord Canti a green color like the color I write in?

Then, for the Avatar you could put the picture you used for Haruko as that and a Letter B on the same corner you used, if possible.

Thanks, you're a life saver.
[/color]

[quote name='Lilt' date='30 June 2010 - 08:17 PM' timestamp='1277943445' post='696230']
[b]Do you mean just Lord Canti green? Or the whole background green instead of black and white?

And okay, I'll try to finish it up tomorrow. :biggrin: [/b]
[/quote]

[color="#008000"]Yah, make lord Canti green and keep the background black and white.[/color]

[quote name='Lilt' date='01 July 2010 - 09:49 PM' timestamp='1278035388' post='696294']
[b]Okay, I'll do my best. I need to experiment to see how to get him green without messing up the rest of it. Anything special for the avatar?[/b]
[/quote]

If you can, use the Haruko you used, and use it for the avitar, with a green B some were on it, that would be cool, but if you cant, use another Haruko, but make sure theres a green B somewere.

[quote name='Lilt' date='01 July 2010 - 06:49 PM' timestamp='1278035388' post='696294']
[b]Okay, I'll do my best. I need to experiment to see how to get him green without messing up the rest of it. Anything special for the avatar?[/b]
[/quote]

i like the magnetic lasso tool in photoshop... im not sure if your editor has it... but if it does... that and an overlay should work.

[b]Okay, so the green is turning out to be a little too dark. (I tried to use the exact color that you write in, Botar.)

@Canz: It does have the Lasso, but I have no idea what an overlay is. :sweatdrop: [/b]

[quote name='Lilt' date='02 July 2010 - 03:56 PM' timestamp='1278100613' post='696356']
[b]Okay, so the green is turning out to be a little too dark. (I tried to use the exact color that you write in, Botar.)

@Canz: It does have the Lasso, but I have no idea what an overlay is. :sweatdrop: [/b]
[/quote]

any green will work, or if its too tough, just work on the avatar.

[quote name='Lilt' date='02 July 2010 - 12:56 PM' timestamp='1278100613' post='696356'][b]
@CaNz: It does have the Lasso, but I have no idea what an overlay is. :sweatdrop: [/b]
[/quote]

are you telling me you've never colored with an overlay before?
Its so much less complicated than anything else i have ever used. (though hue and saturation does work really well too... its just seems to change too much of the picture for my liking.)

an overlay is really just a method of adding color to a picture... it uses layers so i am more accustomed to it in photoshop.

it really is just a method of altering the opacity of an image so that the color blends with the pictures below it.. but the programs do all the specific opacity based on colors of the picture and light and dark spots below it. it basically ads color and preserves hard edges like a outline will remain black and the light spots might still be white, but the in between would be green. all of this is done by making a layer above it of the green you want, then turning it from normal solid to an overlay.

And dont worry Botar.. Lilts got this...

[quote name='CaNz' date='03 July 2010 - 01:49 AM' timestamp='1278114572' post='696375']
are you telling me you've never colored with an overlay before?
Its so much less complicated than anything else i have ever used. (though hue and saturation does work really well too... its just seems to change too much of the picture for my liking.)

an overlay is really just a method of adding color to a picture... it uses layers so i am more accustomed to it in photoshop.

it really is just a method of altering the opacity of an image so that the color blends with the pictures below it.. but the programs do all the specific opacity based on colors of the picture and light and dark spots below it. it basically ads color and preserves hard edges like a outline will remain black and the light spots might still be white, but the in between would be green. all of this is done by making a layer above it of the green you want, then turning it from normal solid to an overlay.

And dont worry Botar.. Lilts got this...
[/quote]
[b]
If it uses layers, I think I know what you mean. It's how I usually add color to something. (Add a layer, then color that layer and turn it down to 50% opacity or so.)

However, you lost me about preserving the hard edges and stuff like that. Maybe your Photoshop does things that my program doesn't?

Yeah, don't worry Botar. I'm going to give this a try. However, feel free to volunteer for a joint project Canz. :sweatdrop: I might need help making him green.[/b]

[quote name='Lilt' date='02 July 2010 - 08:02 PM' timestamp='1278115330' post='696376']
[b]
If it uses layers, I think I know what you mean. It's how I usually add color to something. (Add a layer, then color that layer and turn it down to 50% opacity or so.)

However, you lost me about preserving the hard edges and stuff like that. Maybe your Photoshop does things that my program doesn't?

Yeah, don't worry Botar. I'm going to give this a try. However, feel free to volunteer for a joint project Canz. :sweatdrop: I might need help making him green.[/b]
[/quote]

Wow, he lost me at the first word.

I was never good at photoshopm its always kicked my but.

But if you and CaNz do a joint effort, that would rule.

[b]It's up to you if we do or not. I made these two, so let me know what you think. If they're no good, I'll need Canz to help. (Using the green that you use to type turned out too dark. Then I tried to lighten it, but it looks to bright now. To me at least.)

EDIT: Looking back on both of them, there are parts I missed editing. So I guess just tell me what you think of the colors.

Also I am having compy problems. So I might need to work on your avatar after the Fourth of July.[/b] Edited by Lilt

[quote name='Botar' date='03 July 2010 - 03:34 AM' timestamp='1278120887' post='696387']
[b]Both are great [/b]and will do just fine.

Yah, thank you so much, I love the banner, and will happily await the avatar.
[/quote]
[b]
Thanks Botar. I am curious to see if Canz has better ideas on how to get it colored though.

I'll make the avatar with the same picture of Haruko and a different good picture of her and let you decide which you like best.

Sorry about the wait, Botar. :sweatdrop: [/b]

[quote name='Lilt' date='02 July 2010 - 10:13 PM' timestamp='1278123237' post='696396']
[b]
Thanks Botar. I am curious to see if Canz has better ideas on how to get it colored though.

I'll make the avatar with the same picture of Haruko and a different good picture of her and let you decide which you like best.

Sorry about the wait, Botar. :sweatdrop: [/b]
[/quote]

No problem, I really appreciate it Lilt. *hug*

i think you did a wonderful job! isolating such a jagged edged figure is not that easy.

heres my go... this is using overlays
[IMG]http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt278/PandasQ/u4.jpg[/IMG]
heres the original cut out.

[IMG]http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt278/PandasQ/u-6.jpg[/IMG]
this one is a strait overlay.

[IMG]http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt278/PandasQ/u-5.jpg[/IMG]
this is a special overlay called soft light.

[IMG]http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt278/PandasQ/Untitled-3.jpg[/IMG]
this one is a special overlay called vivid light and a gradient(green to light green) color. Edited by CaNz

[quote name='CaNz' date='02 July 2010 - 11:02 PM' timestamp='1278126121' post='696405']

[img]http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt278/PandasQ/Untitled-3.jpg[/img]
this one is a special overlay called vivid light and a gradient(green to light green) color.
[/quote]

could you do that to the original? That would be awesome.