Jump to content
OtakuBoards

  

6 members have voted

  1. 1. What did u think of the first episode of HOTD?

    • awesome
      4
    • it was alright
      1
    • it sucked royally
      1


Recommended Posts

Posted
I just finished watching the first episode of HOTD (Highschool of the Dead) . First off I'm a huge zombie fan so this anime was right up my alley. I can't say there is a lot of depth with the chararters yet. However I really liked the weapons used so far to fight off the zombies. Baseball bats, wooden swords and broom handles are pretty good weapons as long as they don't break. The other main thing is they are in a good location for this outbreak. A school has food, things that can be used as weapons, and is fenced in. As long as they are able to kill off the few hundred students that are enrolled there, it is the perfect place to defend against the zombies. This seems like it will be an excieting series
  • 2 months later...
Posted
I just finished watching the first episode and I suppose it's fairly interesting. I never was a fan of zombies but it is interesting here in its own ways. The one thing that's really killing it for me, though is the needless fanservice. Seriously, zombies are biting/eating people and it's like the creators said "oh, this girl is being eaten so lets focus on her panties"... >_> I'll probably watch one more episode but I highly doubt that I'll stick with this series.
Posted
lol, yeah, if the fanservice bothers you, then definitely don't continue the series, because that's like half of it right there. Trust me, what you see in ep1 is only the tip of the iceberg.
Posted
i just started watching it this week actually :3 it's really good, but that's cause i LOVE zombies and zombie apocalypses :] hehe i don't mind the fanservice either - it keeps it kinda light-hearted and silly, balance is good for a grim series imo. but i'm on the 6th episode and already wishing it wasn't half over >_> not cool... why aren't there more anime series like this?!?!
Posted
I watched the entire 12 episodes in one sitting yesterday. Being a big zombie fan, this did not disappoint. Gory, violent, and exciting; what more could one want? Although, as previously mentioned; the fanservice was quite over the top in some episodes.
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
[quote][font=verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif]I watched the entire 12 episodes in one sitting yesterday. Being a big zombie fan, this did not disappoint. Gory, violent, and exciting; what more could one want? Although, as previously mentioned; the fanservice was quite over the top in some episodes. [/font][/quote]

That is exactly how I feel about it. I sat and watched all 12 episodes in one day, like the guy above me said, and I was very impressed (The Ecchi side just boosted my liking for this series :D XD) Anyways, I hope they have a season 2, seeing as [spoiler] they left so much out, seeing as they just all stood there. Did they survive? What even happened afterwards? Etc XD [/spoiler]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I only watched the first episode out of curiousity but I dropped it soon after. Shinmaru's tweets scared me from watching any more. I am not that much into fan-service type anime anymore anyways.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...