OtakuBoards

Searching

Magus

There's gotta be a simplier method than actually searching for threads since the forum only gives you so many pages before cutting off. I tried looking for a board settings type of thing where you can it go back to the beginning but couldn't find anything like that... Boy I sure do miss those thread directories :)

[color=#4B0082]The search results cut-off is controlled via the admin cp. It's currently set to 200 results max, but there's no age cut-off. This could be raised if James doesn't mind.

To get more refined results, though, click the search link up in the primary nav bar, check the [i]Search titles only[/i] box, and select the forum you want to search in. Doing that, it should be easy to find old game and anime threads.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko' date='05 July 2010 - 08:08 PM' timestamp='1278385717' post='696634'][color="#4b0082"]
To get more refined results, though, click the search link up in the primary nav bar, check the [i]Search titles only[/i] box, and select the forum you want to search in. Doing that, it should be easy to find old game and anime threads.[/color]
[/quote]
i wish i would have known that before... oh well... not like my time was ever valuable.

[quote name='CaNz' date='06 July 2010 - 10:48 PM' timestamp='1278416927' post='696661']
i wish i would have known that before... oh well... not like my time was ever valuable.
[/quote]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Unfortunately the makers of this IPB software simply called that link "search" rather than "advanced search" - when it is, in practice, an advanced search. We are going to change this ourselves, but it is just worth pointing out that the link on the main nav menu [i]is[/i] for a more advanced/comprehensive search.[/font]