OtakuBoards

The Unseen Rising

Ellerby

The battle was over.

Pedr had done scarcely more than dodge the demon's blows and run around. He was basically useless in a fight. He had never been much of a fighter. Sure, as a young boy back in Wales he had wrestled and rumbled with the best and biggest of the boys, but he had never really fought something like [i]that[/i].

Even on his other missions with PIT, he had never dealt with a demon that powerful. He hadn't been scared, just... unsure. He didn't want to mess up again, like he had done in the room. He was one of the youngest on the PIT team, and also one of the newest. He wanted to prove that he was worth something, not just extra baggage.

He had some things back at the lab that he was working on to help the team fight demons and spirits. They were very near completion. He hoped to finish them to take them on the next mission.

Trin gave him a sympathetic look. "Are you alright?" she asked.

Pedr nodded and smiled, but he couldn't bring himself to say anything for some reason. He'd always been a little awkward in social situations.

"It doesn't seem like there's much left to do here." Zach said, looking up at the high ceiling of the house. "I think we've got all that we've come for. With Beelzebub gone, this place should be fine."

"I doubt anyone is going to want to move back anytime soon though," said Lucas with a grin at his twin.

The team started to leave the house, not glancing back. Few of the older members ever looked back at a work site anymore.

Pedr, still wet behind the ears, looked back. Something glittered on the floor but the stair case. He walked over to it and squatted down to pick it up. It was a small teal stone, like the kind that people put in their fish tanks or popouri. It was smooth, and the moment that Pedr picked it up he knew that it was special and that it was ment just for him.

He put it in his pocket and then ran out to join the rest of the team at the van. They had all climbed in already, Lucas in the driver's seat. They had put Trin's vespa in the back of the van already.

Pedr barley had time to close the door before the twins were speeding off. Edited by Elk

[b][color="#000080"][font="Comic Sans MS"]Blayze remained quiet on the ride back, she chewed on the butt of her cigarette in annoyance. She shouldn't be surprised, not really, she was always so quiet that the others really never did say much back to her. They very rarely even glanced at her during a conversation. It wasn't like she didn't like the others, hell, she loved them, they're really all the family she has, she's just never the kind for conversation. Words to her are meaningless, it's your actions that speak the loudest, but as she looked out the window she wasn't so sure anymore. Taking a deep breath she let it out silently to calm her nerves and looked up as Lucas made another hairpin turn onto a backroad, rolling her eyes she looked back out the window watching the greenery wiz by. She let her thoughts waunder back to the demon, Beezlebub...the name nagged her, it seemed familiar and made the hair on her arms stand on end. It came with goose bumps and chills. The look of him made her uneasy as well, like he was just something that signaled the start of a major movement. But to voice this would be to start a huge debate and she really didn't want to hear the fuss that came with those. She closed her eyes and felt herself drifting off again but jerked herself awake, she really didn't feel inclined to another dream, looking over the team that she was with they all seemed to be in a good mood, things had gone their way, no one had gotten hurt and they were all safe and on the way home, but no matter what she did she couldn't shake the feeling as if there was more coming. She rolled her eyes at her own anxiety and let a small comfortable smile slip into place as she listened to the twins start up about their 'awsomeness'. [/font][/color][/b]

Sorry if it seems short and well, misplaced but I'm just trying to get established still and get Blayze a solid role.

[font="Garamond"][b]â??We meet at lastâ?¦â?[/b] Eun Jungâ??s lips curled up into a smile that didnâ??t reach her whitened eyes. [b]â??Weâ??ve been expecting you for some time, but that last fellow you dealt with made it very difficult for us to get your attention. Weâ??re so glad youâ??ve returned.â?[/b] The voice was so foreign, coming out of Eun Jung, her once happy airy voice was distorted and deepened.

[b]â??Weâ?¦?â?[/b] Phil ventured. The rest of the group stayed silent, leaving Phil in charge of talking to her, hoping Eun Jung was still present somewhere and would recognize his voice.

[b]â??Ah yes, we havenâ??t been formally introduced yet. But I know a whole lot about you, Philâ?¦ This girl, Eun Jung, her mind is easy to read as an open book. So much information about each of you!â?[/b] Eun Jungâ??s face twisted further into a grin. Phil didnâ??t respond.

Cowboy was giving directions silently to his teammates while itâ?¦ whatever it was, was distracted. He got them to arrange around Eun Jung in a circular fashion. He edged close to Blu.

[b]â??Blu,â?[/b] he whispered, [b]â??Do you know how to make that entrapment circle thing that Phil made for that last beastie?â?[/b]

[b]â??Umâ?¦ I could probably replicate it.â?[/b] She whispered back, her eyes still trained on Eun Jung.

[b]â??Probably wonâ??t cut it this time.â?[/b] Cowboy replied gravely. Blu was silent for a minute.

[b]â??I could make it. I can make it, Iâ??m sure of it.â?[/b] She locked eyes with Cowboy for a moment. She was visibly shaken, but the confidence was there.

[b]â??Good. I know you can.â?[/b] He nodded and patted her on the back gently, while simultaneously slipping a small velvet pouch of the special salt into her pocket, before moving back to his place.

[b]â??Iâ?¦ well I am simply a messenger creature, today. I bring a message to you, from him.â?[/b]

[b]â??And? Who are you? Who is â??himâ???â?[/b] Phil coaxed, trying to keep itâ??s focus on him.

[b]â??You may call me Eligos.â?[/b]

[b]â??Eligos, andâ?¦?â?[/b]

[b]â??For now, you may refer to him as the Connector. He is, after all, the reason that you are here.â?[/b]

[b]â??Oh he is, is he?â?[/b] Cowboyâ??s voice boomed out. Eun Jungâ??s body was whipped around to face him.â?

[b]â??Oh absolutely. He is like you. You know, of mortal flesh and blood. But he is so much more.â?[/b]

[b]â??Weâ??d like to meet him.â?[/b]

[b]â??In time.â?[/b] It replied. [b]â??In time, you will. You too, are inevitably connected to this.â?[/b] Eun Jungâ??s hand was jerked to point at the crack. Phil took a few steps closer, Eun Jung made no movement away.

[b]â??Why donâ??t you come out of our teammate so we can talk face to face?â?[/b] he tentatively called up to it. It shook Eun Jungâ??s head.

[b]â??The crack is not yet big enough for me to come through. But it will be, soon.â?[/b]

[b]â??Not if we can help it!â?[/b] Ally shouted. Eun Jung only snorted.

As Phil kept talking to Eligos, Blu slowly edged forward until she was positioned just behind Eun Jungâ??s body. She pulled out the small pouch of salt gingerly, and while hoping that she wouldnâ??t be noticed, began to pour it in a pattern, similar to that of Philâ??s, around Eun Jung so that Eligos couldnâ??t take off with her body. Phil, distracted by Blu, caused Eligos to look down.

[b]â??Fools, what is this?â?[/b] Blu backed away quickly as Eligos lowered Eun Jungâ??s body to the ground. She stooped to examine it. [b]â??Salt?â?[/b] hollow laughter emerged from her throat, as she made a motion to step over it. She was promptly met by an invisible force field, which forced her back and Eligos to snarl. Cowboy grinned and strode over to stand in front of her.

[b]â??That is something us fools use to keep things like you from making off with our teammates.â?[/b] Eligos stayed silent, looking down at the salt circle. After a moment, he looked up, but,

[b]â??You guysâ?¦ please, you have to help me. Please, get him out. Iâ??m afraid.â?[/b] It was Eun Jungâ??s eyes looking at them now, brimming with tears.

[b]â??Eun Jung! Hold on! Weâ??re going to help you, I promise.â?[/b] Phil shouted at her. Her irises disappeared again and she was Eligos, smiling frostily.

[b]â??Oh now nice. Human emotion. She is really scared, you know. You all should be.[/b]â?

[b]â??Leave her alone, asshole!â? [/b]Ally bellowed. Blu shivered, feeling the spike in the emotions of the demon â?? it was happy.

[b]â??I tire of this game, so Iâ??ll give you the message now.â?[/b] Eun Jung straightened up so she was at her full height, her white eyes boring into each member of the team. [b]â??The Connectorâ?¦ this rift was not just created for the purpose of bringing over one or two demons. The Connector wants to â?? will make the two worlds join. Earth and the Underworld will join as one, and he and us from below, we will rule hell on earth. You humans have taken this world above for granted. You are weak and you do not deserve it. Most of you will not survive; those of you who do survive, will be used as slaves.â? The same cold laugh emerged from Eun Jungâ??s throat. â??Thatâ??s it. I have also come to tell you to be prepared. Do not fight it, it is what is inevitable.â?[/b]

Ally stepped up first. [b]â??No way, you bastard. As long as we are alive, we will not let that happen.â?[/b]

[b]â??Pity, that will shorten your lives a considerable amount, in that case. And you could have been so usefulâ?¦â?[/b] Eun Jungâ??s eyes came back into focus and she crumpled to the ground in a little heap.

A grayish haze rose up from her body and dissipated; faint laughter could be heard.[/font]

ooc:
1. I'm SO sorry that took so long, I'm so burnt out from school it's ridiculous.
2. Hope this is okay, the message and everything. Input and criticism always welcome, as usual I want everyone to feel confident in the direction my post is taking the RP in, don't hesitate to let me know about changes you think should be made.
3. this is extremely talky, my apologies for that as well. Edited by Anomaly

[size="2"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Phil dashed to Eun Jung's side as she hit the floor, holding her head up slightly as she began to recover from the possession. The wisps of smoke that made up Eligos' current form dissipated, getting pulled back into the crack as they floated upwards. Eun Jung's eyes gradually regained focus, and she shivered as she looked up at Phil, who smiled back down at her.

[b]"Welcome back,"[/b] he said, holding her gently as she re-oriented herself, [b]"Can't have you slacking off as usual."[/b]

[b]"What did that message mean?"[/b] asked Ally, her arm around a visibly shaken Blu.

[b]"That's not important right now, it was probably just trying to scare us,"[/b] replied Phil, [b]"We can talk to Zach once we get back to HQ, but for now we need to take care of Eun Jung and Blu. Cowboy, can you set up a blood circle to get us back?"[/b]

[b]"Not here,"[/b] he replied, [b]"There's too much energy around here, if we try a blood circle here we could get sucked into the crack, and God knows we don't want that. I can set one up a quarter of a mile in that direction, should get us back ok."[/b] He pointed away from the crack, and began trekking back, gesturing for Blu and Ally to follow him, which they did immediately, leaving Phil to look after Eun Jung.

[b]"You think you can get up?"[/b] he asked, a question answered with a weak nod, [b]"Ok, let me help you."[/b] He pulled her arm around his shoulders and gradually lifted her shakily to her feet. She wobbled a little, but stayed upright.

[b]"I'm really cold,"[/b] she said softly.

[b]"Course you are, we're in the Antarctic,"[/b] he replied, but, seeing her withering look, added, [b]"Ok, not ready for jokes. Come here."[/b] He turned her to face him, and looked into her eyes, his face close to hers. He breathed deeply, and felt her doing the same as he placed his hands either side of her head. He looked closely at her eyes ad saw that her pupils were a little jagged around the edges, as if they'd been torn slightly, a classic sign of possession.

[b]"You'll be fine, I think you're just a little concussed. Here,"[/b] he said, taking his outer jacket off and wrapping it around her, [b]"Can you walk a little way? I'll be here to support you all the way."[/b]

[b]"Thanks, Phil,"[/b] she said gently, leaning on his shoulder as they began to walk slowly towards the rest of the group.

[b]"Don't mention it,"[/b] he replied, keeping her arm around his shoulder and his around her waist.

[b]"At least now we know what we're dealing with. I just wish there'd been a gentler way to find out,"[/b] Eun Jung said with a smile.

[b]"There's the famous Eun Jung bright side we all love so much!"[/b] he said, trying to keep her spirits up. They shared a broad smile, one slightly broader than the other, and soon Cowboy came into view. A shimmering circle lay on the ground in front of him, and the others were nowhere to be seen.

[b]"I sent Ally on ahead with Blu,"[/b] he shouted, [b]"Figured they'd need to get back quickly! How is she?"[/b]

[b]"A little shaken, but she'll be fine,"[/b] Phil replied, taking Eun Jung towards the circle, [b]"Can you go through to take care of her once she gets through?"[/b] Cowboy nodded, and stepped into the circle, his body exploding into a cloud of ash. Phil gently moved Eun Jung into the circle, and watched her body do the same. It would probably be a little rough on her, but sending her through was the best thing for her.

Phil looked towards the crack, which he could still see vaguely shimmering in the distance.

[i]This isn't over,[/i] he thought, before stepping into the circle and feeling the familiar rushing feeling taking him back to HQ. The room was quiet when he arrived, everyone having moved off to the medical bay. Phil staggered out of the circle, the adrenaline wearing off and the wearying nature of the day's activities finally catching up to him. He steadied himself on the doorframe and moved slowly into the kitchen, where he dragged a half-empty bottle of vodka from the freezer, pouring a generous measure into a glass and taking a seat. He closed his eyes and rubbed his head, thinking about what the poltergeist had said, and the message the demon had delivered.

Blood pounded in his ears as his thoughts drifted back to the poltergeist's words, but after a moment the sound changed, becoming something which resembled a repeated rhythm on a snare drum rather than the usual noise of a heartbeat. His eyes snapped open, and he jumped to his feet, shaking his head to stop the noise, which it did as abruptly as it had started.

[i]Drumming...[/i] he thought, worry etched across his face, [i]It can't be...[/i] He downed the glass, slamming it back down on the table once the final drops had cascaded down his throat. As he reached for the bottle again, doors opened and people began rushing in. Zach's team had arrived back, and it seemed as though both teams had a lot to share.[/font][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
Blayze strode in and grabbed a shot glass from the counter and grabbed the bottle of vodka from the table, pouring herself shot she set the bottle back down on the table she took her cigarette from her mouth and downed the shot nodding to Phil before putting the cigarette back between her lips she moved to the corner and leaned against it and waited quietly for the others to join and begin to recap their own experiences. She looked up as Zach entered the room and nodded to him, Cowboy came in from the other door and received a nod from her as well as he sat down at the table. She felt her nerves calm some as the other members filed in one by one and felt her cold exterior dropping little by little as it sometimes did when she was around the people she knew best, the people she could be her self around and not worry about being judged or ridiculed even though her 'gift' was slightly short handed compared to most in the room she was still where she wanted to be and that was enough for her. She walked over to the window and opened it, lighting her cigarette she took a drag and exhaled, looking over the team she sighed and cleared her throat.
"Something tells me we all had an interesting time?"
A few of the younger members nodded and tried to begin their ramblings again but Blayze just shook her head and pointed at Zach.
"Bug him, not me."
She held back a smile as the younger members from the other team began to babble on about what they had seen.