OtakuBoards

Street Fighter vs Tekken

Magus

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9EpHRdlI3M&feature=player_embedded[/media]

There are 2 versions of the game coming out. Street Fighter vs Tekken and Tekken vs Street Fighter. Street Fighter vs Tekken seems like it's going to be like the Street Fighter games while Tekken vs Street Fighter will be like the Tekken games.

http://www.hadoken.net/?p=1886&cpage=1

I never saw this one coming, and personally I'm not thrilled about it either mainly because I'm not a fan of the Tekken series (anymore), but if the SF vs T will be similar to that of the Street Fighter games (mainly 4) then I will definately be onboard with that version.

Edit:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3180566 (Has gameplay footage)

I WANT IT Edited by Magus

[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]I'm not sure what you mean by you didn't see it coming, but I think it's more about time and I'm surprised this game was never created sooner. SF and Tekken were always two of the bigger names when it came to martial-arts-related fighting games. Mortal Kombat is up there, but I'd sooner compare SF and Tekken than I would MK. SF vs. Tekken, to me, is on par with Marvel vs. Capcom in how obvious the match-up should be ... yet the latter has what ... 2 titles out now with a third in the making?

Either way, I probably won't be checking it out, simply because fighting games tend to get old really fast with me, but it's nice to see these two titles finally getting their mash-up.[/font][/color] Edited by PiroMunkie

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]I've never really been into Tekken (something about it is just off-putting to me), but I may give it a shot when it comes out. It looks like it's got some promise to it...

[size="1"](Still waiting for Sammy vs. Capcom, though. :< )[/size]
[/color][/font]

[quote name='PiroMunkie' date='24 July 2010 - 06:12 PM' timestamp='1280009553' post='697805']
[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]I'm not sure what you mean by you didn't see it coming, but I think it's more about time and I'm surprised this game was never created sooner. SF and Tekken were always two of the bigger names when it came to martial-arts-related fighting games. Mortal Kombat is up there, but I'd sooner compare SF and Tekken than I would MK. SF vs. Tekken, to me, is on par with Marvel vs. Capcom in how obvious the match-up should be ... yet the latter has what ... 2 titles out now with a third in the making?

Either way, I probably won't be checking it out, simply because fighting games tend to get old really fast with me, but it's nice to see these two titles finally getting their mash-up.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

I never imagined a SF and Tekken crossover because of the style of gameplay. They just didn't seem to go hand and hand to me. If anything I would expect a Virtua Fighter and Tekken crossover before a SF and Tekken crossover. "shrugs"

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]I'm thinking that the style and gameplay changes that were opened up when Street Fighter IV came on the scene is probably what really opened up this possibility. When you look at the difference in gameplay before, Magus isn't too far off in his belief that most people wouldn't think of a SF/Tekken crossover. But since SFIV essentially took on a whole new style change (both in going 3D and changing the way some things work), it's allowed for a lot more opportunities to open up. It wouldn't be surprising to see some other avenues open up in the Capcom vs. series because of what games are capable of these days.
[/color][/font]

[quote name='Magus' date='24 July 2010 - 09:12 PM' timestamp='1280020370' post='697820']
I never imagined a SF and Tekken crossover because of the style of gameplay. They just didn't seem to go hand and hand to me. If anything I would expect a Virtua Fighter and Tekken crossover before a SF and Tekken crossover. "shrugs"
[/quote]

[color=indigo]I actually think that he clashes of style in game-play is what could make this game a lot of fun. As long as they let you control Street Fighter players with the standard SF special moves/controls and Tekken characters with the standard Tekken combo moves/controls this could really be a fun and interesting game. If it ends up being SF vs Tekken with straight SF controls and Tekkn vs SF with straight Tekken controls then I think I may pass. [/color]

[b]I thought this was a "what if" thread from readin the title. Wow.

Actually, thanks to Tekken 6 and my Tekken on the PSP, I've become a Tekken fan kind of. I mostly like the customization though and the huge amount of character choices.

I'll always be a Street Fighter fan, so I'll probably buy the Street Fighter version. It's nice of them to release ttwo distinct versions though.

I actually can't wait to play this now.[/b]

[quote name='Magus' date='24 July 2010 - 08:12 PM' timestamp='1280020370' post='697820']
[/quote]
[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]Yeah, I can understand the gameplay thing, and like Kei said that was probably the biggest hurdle when trying to achieve this mash-up. I've barely even heard of Virtua Fighter (actually, I think I've only ever seen that in arcades). I couldn't even name one character from it if my life depended on it, but I understand your perspective.

They should do something like ClayFighter vs. Killer Instinct, lol. Probably wouldn't sell as well, or even get the development these titles would because of that, though.[/font][/color]

I can say that I also did not see this coming at all. I figured that with all the Vs.series coming out they would pit Marvel against DC or Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter. Then again, my imagination can run wild sometimes. I can say that I would buy this game, always been a Street Fighter fan...it took me awhile for Tekken but Im a fan of it as well. I like the 2 different versions of the game because some fans only like the Tekken fighting style but other love the Street Fighter fighting styles. Well Im adding this game to the wishlist.

Since we're talking Vs games.....they need to resurrect Killer Instinct and pit those guys against Mortal Kombat. MK vs DC was a terrible idea.....Mortal Kombat is bloody and the DC characters ruined it with thier "hero brutality"

KILLER INSTINCT vs. MORTAL KOMBAT....its a great idea...someone needs to bring this to life...if they can try to make DC characters look cool then Im sure Killer Instinct characters would be awesome.

[quote name='Heaven's Cloud' date='25 July 2010 - 11:40 AM' timestamp='1280072445' post='697864']
[color=indigo]I actually think that he clashes of style in game-play is what could make this game a lot of fun. As long as they let you control Street Fighter players with the standard SF special moves/controls and Tekken characters with the standard Tekken combo moves/controls this could really be a fun and interesting game. If it ends up being SF vs Tekken with straight SF controls and Tekkn vs SF with straight Tekken controls then I think I may pass. [/color]
[/quote]
I don't know. From what IGN and sites similar to it are saying this version will play like Street Fighter 4 and the other version will play like a Tekken game. Either way, it's definately gonna be interesting to see how the final product turns out. We won't see/hear anymore about it for 2 years.

[quote name='PiroMunkie' date='25 July 2010 - 03:36 PM' timestamp='1280086580' post='697884']
[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]Yeah, I can understand the gameplay thing, and like Kei said that was probably the biggest hurdle when trying to achieve this mash-up. I've barely even heard of Virtua Fighter (actually, I think I've only ever seen that in arcades). I couldn't even name one character from it if my life depended on it, but I understand your perspective.

They should do something like ClayFighter vs. Killer Instinct, lol. Probably wouldn't sell as well, or even get the development these titles would because of that, though.[/font][/color]
[/quote]
From what I heard Virtua Fighter (mainly Virtua Fighter 4/evolution) is really famous especially since it's so deep. I'm not into fighters (only fighting games I'll really play are capcom and guilty gear/blazblue games) like I used to so I can't really say.

The next crossover I think would be interesting would be Guilty Gear vs Soul Calibur. With Guilty Gear's controls. That'd be the only way you can really get me to play a SC game anymore.

[quote name='Magus' date='26 July 2010 - 08:58 PM' timestamp='1280195905' post='697961']The next crossover I think would be interesting would be Guilty Gear vs Soul Calibur. With Guilty Gear's controls. That'd be the only way you can really get me to play a SC game anymore.[/quote]
[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]Yeah, Guilty Gear is a really under-rated fighting game, I think. Those two would go pretty well together.[/font][/color]

• 11 months later...
[size=1]So they lied.... We weren't suppose to see/hear anything else until 2012. Anyway, more videos.

[media]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/captivate-11-street-fighter/712749[/media]

[media]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/captivate-11-street-fighter/712739[/media]

[media]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/captivate-11-street-fighter/712741[/media][/size]

I've stayed away from this thread for far too long, not to mention away from any type of news as well.

Apparently there were more characters revealed.

Hworang, Cammy, Sagat, Dhalsim, Poison, Hugo, Indian chick with the really short skirt (can't remember her name), Cody and GUY... This is a must buy for me now.