OtakuBoards

Favorite Joker

Burori

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite Clown Prince of Crime?

• Mark Hamill
    • Heath Ledger
    • Jack Nicholson
    • Cesar Romero

[img]http://www.sfsignal.com/mt-static/images/jokerLineup.jpg[/img]

So ya.

I am wondering which of these Princes of Crime do/did you enjoy watching on the big screen or in your own homes? Also please explain why you chose the individual as your favorite.

In my opinion I grew up entirely on Mark Hamill's interpretation of the Joker. His laugh is memorable and I use it as a constant gauge towards all other contender to the voice acting/acting of Joker.

While I have also heard someone say that each actor who portrayed the joker has a different impressive and nice presentation of the Joker I still find the one who really hit the hammer on the nail was Mark. Edited by Burori

i would have to second that one. I liked the animated TV show so much that whenever i read comics the voice actors stuck. especially Kevin Conroy as batman and Mark Hamill as joker as well as a few others like Arleen Sorkin as Harley Quinn and Bob Hastings as commissioner Gordon.
and i am not saying it as a star wars fan.. i actually watched BTAS before star wars.

While I do like the animated Batman series better than any other incarnation of the Dark Knight I'm going to go with Jack Nicholson on this one.  I'm voting for him simply because I recall how absolutely HUGE the Batman movie was back in 1989.

I was still in school at the time but I clearly remember the lines of people waiting to get in to see that movie stretching all the way around the theatre to the back where all the employees were trying to have their smoke breaks.  Well they would have been if it hadn't been RAINING that day.  Yeah, you had to really want to see Michael Keaton, Kim Basinger and Jack Nicholson on the big screen pretty bad to wait in line for two or three hours in the rain.

Also, Prince was was still Prince (and not the Artist Formerly Known As Prince) at the time and he received a huge surge in popularity due to his contributions to the film's soundtrack.  

Everyone else was cashing in on it too.  The Batman movie from the 70's was being aired on all the movie stations toy stores were shilling out old Batman toys and stickers, logos, coffee mugs, etc were everywhere.  

So yeah.  Nicholson if only because his portrayal of the Clown Prince of Crime gave everyone more bat for their buck. Edited by The Tentacle

I don't know who the guy is but I'm pretty certain I've seen his version a couple of times. Then again I don't really care for the Batman with Adam West.

For the remaining 3 that's really tough. Hamill's laugh is certainly memorable. Nicholson and Ledger's performance were great. (Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light will always be a line I'll remember) But right now I have to go with Ledger over Nicholson because Ledger stole the spotlight. I do not like Christian Bale as Batman (Bruce Wayne, ok, but Batman, NO). If it weren't for Ledger I probably wouldn't even care for The Dark Knight. Nicholson and Keaton shared the spotlight. So yeah, for the time being Ledger.

Too bad Hamill is retiring as Joker though.

[quote name='Magus' date='28 July 2010 - 07:36 AM' timestamp='1280316994' post='698100']
I don't know who the guy is but I'm pretty certain I've seen his version a couple of times. Then again I don't really care for the Batman with Adam West.

For the remaining 3 that's really tough. Hamill's laugh is certainly memorable. Nicholson and Ledger's performance were great. (Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light will always be a line I'll remember) But right now I have to go with Ledger over Nicholson because Ledger stole the spotlight. I do not like Christian Bale as Batman (Bruce Wayne, ok, but Batman, NO). If it weren't for Ledger I probably wouldn't even care for The Dark Knight. Nicholson and Keaton shared the spotlight. So yeah, for the time being Ledger.

Too bad Hamill is retiring as Joker though.
[/quote]

I know... But the good news is he is going out with a bang. He is doing the voice acting for Arkham Asylum 2. That is his last performance. I am so buying it....

Not just because the first was awesome, but all because of the voice talents that are returning.

But of course that is a topic for another thread.

[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#9932cc"]As much as I enjoyed watching Jack Nicholson dancing with a drugged female on a rooftop, I don't think he was my favorite, aside from the fact that he just seemed a little too old to be a psychotic criminal. The ones who are insane don't usually last that long, at least to my mind. I know, picking Heath Ledger just makes me another squealing fangirl, but I did actually read some of the Batman comics.

*gasp*

And his rendition of the Joker really did seem closer to the portrayals of the Joker in the comics, and that is of course the motivation behind my choice. Oh right, and then there was his disappearing pencil trick. Classic.
[/color][/size][/font]

• 1 month later...