OtakuBoards

Scott Pilgrim and the Great Big Mess

Orcus

[font=bookantiqua][center][size="7"]Scott Pilgrim
[size="4"]And The Great Big Mess[/size][/size]

[color="#FF0000"]Warning: This rp will be based primarily on the movie, with some (few) elements from the comics, so if you want to avoid spoilers, continue on no further. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy![/color]
[img]http://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/th_punchcombo_3_1.gif[/img]
[/center]
[indent]Well, I suppose this title is a bit of a misnomer. Iâ??m not Scott Pilgrim, and as far as I know, none of the other people dealing with the Great Big Mess (or GBM as Iâ??ll call it from now on) are Scott Pilgrim. Matter of fact, nobody really knows where Scott Pilgrim [I]is[/I]. Sure, sometimes someone will catch a glimpse of Scott and his girlfriend Ramona rolling through subspace in their dreams, but the two of them are always in a rush somewhere. But this isnâ??t about Scott-- exactly. Eh, let me explain.

You may not know about Scott Pilgrim. Truth is, most people donâ??t know him as anything more than the original bassist for â??that band Sex Bobomoms or whateverâ?. Naturally, these people know absolutely nothing about anything, and by anything, I mean the ridiculous amounts of trouble Mr. Pilgrim got himself involved with over the insanely-attractive-yet-terribly-aloof Ramona Flowers. Long story made short: boy likes girl, girl makes out with boy, boy fights girlâ??s league of evil exes, boy and girl roll off into subspace to presumably live confusing-ly ever after. Now I know what youâ??re thinking, â??this is just your typical love affair. Why should we care?â?

For starters, Scott defeated (ie. killed) all seven of Ramonaâ??s exes. Pretty standard, yah, but it becomes a lot more relevant when you consider that a handful of the exes happened to be famous. Amazingly, nobody gave a damn or thought to inquire in the least about what happened to the action star Lucas Lee (although in all fairness, his demise was [b]televised[/b]), wicked-rock-star-vegan Todd Ingram, the Katayanagi pop twins, or super bigshot Gideon G.Man Graves. â??Wonderful,â? you must be thinking, â??he kicked famous ass. Your point?â?

The point is, not everyone was entirely oblivious to Mr. Pilgrimâ??s â??curious Canadian conflictâ??. Underground indie groups all around the world had been following Gideonâ??s twitter account, and they were more than well informed of his involvement in starting the League of Evil Exes. Inspired by their ultra-hip hero, they began banding together and forming groups of their own. It started off â??innocentlyâ?? enough, but things progressively intensified as hipsters broke protocol and began speaking to non-hipsters. Soon, everybody knew about the League, and what began with the ragtag Leagues of Angry Hipsters evolved into the Leagues of Evil Ex-Everything you can imagine (ex-boyfriends, ex-wives, ex-siblings, even ex-chauffeurs, ex-secretaries and ex-gardeners). More and more of these groups appeared, and in no time at all we were smack dab in the middle of the GBM. Even [i]I[/i] have my own League of Ex Something-or-Others who bother me on a day to day basis.

Even worse, all of these leagues not only possess a bevy of unusual weapons and powers, but theyâ??re [b]all[/b] funded by some mysterious shadow figure. Now donâ??t get me wrong, I have no interest in finding the head hancho. Iâ??m just ready for this bullshit to end. And if youâ??re like me and the hundreds of other people suffering from this problem, youâ??re probably thinking the same thing right now-- itâ??s time to stop being a pussy pushover and to start being a beastly badass. Maybe not in so many words, but you get the point. So just what the **** do we do now?[/indent][/font]

[size=1][size="3"]W[/size]elcome to world of Scott Pilgrim and the Great Big Mess. Now Iâ??d like to say first and foremost, you donâ??t need to have extensive knowledge of the Scott Pilgrim universe to be a part of this RP. Matter oâ?? fact, you donâ??t really need any extensive knowledge of anything to be a part of this rp, although it would help to have a love of video games, comic, and awesome music. That being said, hereâ??s the situation: You are one of the hundreds around the world plagued by a League of evil, or angry, or maybe just simply irritated exes, and itâ??s time to confront them. Youâ??re not alone though-- the world is littered with magical weapons, 1-up lives, and sarcastic friends to help you through the pain. Who knows, you may even have some mystical ability yourself. The rp itself will be largely run by you-- your situation, most of your encounters and your environment are entirely created, developed and maintained by you. For the most part every story will be self contained, although meeting up with other characters is a.o.k and encouraged. Eventually all of the characters will meet up and an overarching plot will be introduced, but thatâ??s much further down the [if all goes awesomely] road. Anyway, hereâ??s the sign up:

[b]Song Title and Band:[/b] Give us a little music to look up and listen to while we read your sign-up so we can get a good feel for the atmosphere of your character and his or her life.

[b][u]Main Character[/u][/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Location:[/b] Where in the world are you?
[b]Weapon(s) of Choice:[/b] Whatever your weapon(s) is(are) will level up as time goes on.
[b]Unique Ability:[/b] Anything works so long as itâ??s not too broken. Iâ??ll let you know if your ability/abilities is/are too much.
[b]Weakness:[/b] Optional for sign up, but keep one in mind nonetheless for the plot.
[b]Writing Snippet:[/b]

[b][u]Evil Exes[/u][/b]
List their names, and anything else you feel like sharing about them (like powers, personality, appearance, profession, biography, favorite food, etc. And if you feel like keeping them a mystery, thatâ??s fine too)

[b][u]Extra[/u][/b]
[b]Questions:[/b] If thereâ??s anything I left out, or anything I explained terribly, please please let me know. :]
[b]Suggestions:[/b] Iâ??m fairly new to the Scott Pilgrim universe, so if you have any ideas for the rp, or you want to help with the direction of the rp, let me know here.

I hope I included everything here. If we get a couple of sign-ups, Iâ??ll post a backstage thread. Happy creating![/size] Edited by Vongola

[size="2"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][b]Song Title and Band:[/b] [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiMSXRxyVUQ"][b]Withered Hope by They Might Be Giants[/b][/url] - simultaneously upbeat and downbeat, and kinda stupid. Much like Phil himself...

[u][b]Main Character[/b][/u]

[b]Name:[/b] Phil Wright
[b]Age:[/b] 23
[b]Gender:[/b] Male
[b]Appearance: [/b]Phil stands at around 5'11", with broad shoulders and a relatively muscular physique. Build-wise, he has the appearance of a former athlete who has let himself go a little although by his own admission he's barely done a day's exercise in his life. He has striking light blue eyes and a shaggy mop of dirty brown hair which falls to the base of his neck at the back and down partly over his eyes at the front, causing him to push it out of his face constantly. He sometimes wears a pair of thick-rimmed square glasses, but only when he can't be bothered to put contacts in. Similarly, his face will often have a growth of stubble around the chin when he can't be bothered to shave.

As for attire, he usually wears a simple t-shirt and jeans, maybe putting a checked shirt or a denim jacket over the t-shirt if he's going out. Around his apartment, he is usually barefoot, but when he goes out he has a pair of blue-and-white Etnies trainers he can slip on easily. He also wears a dark brown leather strap around his left wrist and an arrowhead-shaped pendant on a thin black leather thong around his neck.

[b]Personality:[/b] Phil's personality can be described most accurately as that of an upbeat, well-intentioned slacker. He constantly means to do something productive with his life, but the call of beer, instant ramen, tv, music and video games usually gets in the way. His laziness and his tendency to be utterly bewildered by many situations, however, disguises a sharp sense of humour and an intelligence which is rarely used but there if he needs it. He also has a sense of honour and loyalty towards his friends, and will do almost anthing to protect them, including fighting off his own personal Evil Exes.

[b]Location: [/b]Born in London, England, Phil now lives in a shared apartment in New York which, due to a rent control mix-up, is unusually cheap.

[b]Weapon(s) of Choice:[/b] Phil, when the need arises for him to engage in a little combat, uses a pair of short swords which offer him a "+2 against douchebags", as he so eloquently puts it.

[b]Unique Ability: [/b]When angered, Phil can enter a sort of "berzerker mode", wherein he becomes much faster and stronger for a short period. Usually this happens at inopportune moments, like the time his bagel got stuck in the toaster and he punched the appliance somewhere in the region of a mile and a half away. However, sometimes it happens mid-fight, in which case it can come in pretty handy. He can also sleep for up to 18 hours straight, which is only an "ability" in Phil's own eyes.

[b]Weakness: [/b]Phil can be far too trusting far too quickly, wanting to see the good in everyone, and as such his opponents can often get the drop on him. This also causes him to enter into doomed or unhealthy relationships far too often, sometimes gaining him even more enemies. Also he really hates being kicked in the crotch.

[b]
"Wake the hell up, idiot!"[/b] a harsh female voice barked, and was accompanied by a blunt impact on Phil's chest. His eyes snapped open, and he sat up suddenly, clutching the affected area. A large book fell off him and onto the floor, and as his vision cleared he saw it was a medical dictionary.

[b]"Alix, it's not polite to wake a man at the crack of..."[/b] he squinted at the clock above the door,[b] "...2:30 pm...how long was I asleep?"

"Too long,"[/b] replied Alix, picking her medical dictionary up and stuffing it into her bag,[b] "Look, I have to go to class, can you tidy this place up and buy some groceries? And not just junk food this time, Phil: melted strawberry ice cream is not a nutritious breakfast as you so often tell us."

"Hey, it's got fruit, dairy and enough sugar to last a month,"[/b] groaned Phil, rolling off the battered blue couch and stretching,[b] "What's not nutritious about that?" [/b]He rubbed his eyes and looked around at the living room - there were pizza boxes, ramen noodle cups and empty beer bottles littered around the floor, a tangle of cables and assorted games consoles by the TV and DVD and CD cases piled up around the room.

[b]"Just promise me you'll do something useful today. Please?"[/b] asked Alix. She hated nagging so much, but she got frustrated with seeing Phil not fulfilling his potential. Phil nodded, smiled and wavd Alix out of the apartment. She shook her head witheringly and walked out of the door, heading to her class, and Phil ambled into the kitchen.

He pulled the last two slices of bread out of the bag and shoved them in the toaster. Or what he thought was the toaster and was, in fact, a post-it stuck to the kichen counter with the words[b] "BUY NEW TOASTER"[/b] scrawled on it in black marker. He rolled his eyes and yanked the fridge door open, grabbing a bottle of something off the shelf, flipping the cap off and pouring a generous measure into his mouth. He held it there for a moment while he identified it as OJ, nodded and padded down the hallway to his room.

He pushed the door, but something was resisting, so he gave it a hefty shove and it fell open, piles of clothes blocking the way. He kicked a few things out of the way, grabbed a t-shirt off the floor and sniffed it. It smelt a little funny, but after a second sniff, this time of his current t-shirt, deemed it cleaner than what he had on, and switched shirts, a spray of anti-perspirant deodorant freshening him up for the day.

Among the shirts, CDs and general detritus of living, a deep red Musicman bass guitar stood proud on its' stand, a battered acoustic guitar leaning up against the similarly-battered bass amp next to the bass. These were his most prized items, and the area around the instruments was far tidier than the rest of the room. He smiled a little as he looked at them, then flipped open his beaten-up laptop computer and fired it up, logging on to the internet as soon as it was active. He began his routine daily check of social network sites, without much hope.

Facebook: nothing new.
Twitter: nothing new.
E-mail: one new message. [b]Re: U R DEAD![/b]

Phil raised an eyebrow as he opened this new e-mail, not sure what to expect. His eyes scanned the message:

[font="Lucida Console"]Mii nme iz Bobby Cash. U dated mii g-friend yrs ago. U dick. She tld me abt u nd i woz all liek "OMGzz wot a n00b I shld totes kill tht dick". Nw Im gunna kill u so u shld wotch out. Dick.

Lates.[/font]

Phil blinked a few times, totally bewildered by the e-mail. He read through it a number of times, and finally decided it wasn't meant for him, so simply dragged it to the Recycle Bin, switched the laptop off and yawned.

That was about enough activity for now, he thought, and headed back to the couch.

[u][b]The League of Ex-Girlfriends' Evil Boyfriends[/b][/u]
Phil's own personal League is a little bit complicated - it is made up of the current boyfriends of his ex-girlfriends. As far as he knows, his ex-girlfriends have nothing to do with it, it's all about their idiot boyfriends and their collective sense of loyalty towards their partners.

[b]1. Bobby Cash[/b]
The boyfriend of Phil's first ex-girlfriend, Maddie. They were friends first, then became a couple in an ill-advised move. The relationship lasted less than three weeks and happened ten years ago, but apparently Bobby's pissed. Bobby is kind of a wuss, but is so infatuated with Maddie that he will do anything to get in her good books, so he is willing to fight Phil fo revenge by proxy.

[b]2. Guy Marsters[/b]
Phil's first serious girlfriend, Emily, now dates a circus performer named Guy. He's an acrobat and a juggler, and wants to teach Phil a lesson after he (in an admittedly douche-y move) ended their 3-month relationship by text message. She eventually forgave Phil, but Guy aparently didn't!

[b]3. Bruce Kurtain[/b]
An indie-rock guitarist and poser, and current boyfriend of Phil's second serious girlfriend, Charlotte. When she told Bruce about Phil, it seems she omitted the part where she cheated on him twice in the space of four months. Either way, Bruce is out to get Phil.

[b]4. Ashley Frieze[/b]
The serious boyfriend of Elsie, a girl Phil stupidly hooked up with after he and Charlotte split up, Ashley is possibly the biggest asshole of the lot. He is a computer programmer, and can do things with video games that no-one would expect, and he plans on turning his talents in Phil's direction...

[b]5. Karl Fielding[/b]
Karl technically shouldn't be part of the League, as he is the ex-boyfriend of one of Phil's best friends, Ella, but Phil was the one who discovered Karl was cheating on Ella and told her (Ella is one of his best friends and he never really cared for Karl in the first place). However, this former American football player is big, mean and has a vendetta against Phil nonetheless.

[b]6. Matthew McKenna[/b]
This one is pretty raw - Phil's most serious and longest-lasting girlfriend Nikki broke up with him after two and a half years to be with Matthew, a gloating, arrogant but incredibly intelligent and scheming movie producer. He is the head of the League of Ex-Girlfriends' EvilBoyfriends, but answers to higher, more mysterious power.

[u][b]Extra[/b][/u]
[b]Suggestions:[/b] I'm quite knowledgable on the Scott Pilgrim universe, so if you need any help or anything then don't hesitate to ask me. Also, I've just given the basics about the League at the moment, I'd prefer to do the exposition on them in-story.[/font][/size]

[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"][url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haSnf9K9iWs]Romantic Rights - Death From Above 1979[/url] - Loud, obnoxious and irritating yet somehow mesmerizing and catchy. This pretty much describes Elbee.

[indent][u][b]Main Character[/b][/u]
[b]Name:[/b] Stephan Elbee
[b]Age:[/b] 19
[b]Appearance:[/b] Elbee stands at about 5'9" with a fairly lanky but muscular physique. He's slightly tanned all year round with long jet black hair that he just lets grow wild. He wears a green tank top with worn out tight blue jeans. He carries a pair of drumsticks on each side of his belt, one pair for fighting, the other for [i]rocking[/i]. He has black wrist bands and a silver necklace that hangs fairly low. He has dark green eyes and usually has a large carefree grin on his face.
[b]Personality:[/b] That being said, Elbee is a very carefree person. He slacks a lot, but that's because he's sure his band is about to make it big. He currently rocks the drums in a band called Rocktopus. Elbee is a very energetic person who likes to think positively. Mostly he makes dumb remarks about the silliest things, but once in a while he may get very serious and say something profound. He also doesn't back down on his word and is a loyal friend.
[b]Location:[/b] Born and raised in Toronto, Canada. Currently on the run to USA to escape his Evil Ex Fan Girls.
[b]Weapon(s) of Choice:[/b] - Elbee carries only 2 pairs of drum sticks to fight. He carries so much energy and excitement all the time, that when he drums on anything he can create supersonic attacks. Granted the more elaborate beats make much more powerful attacks than a simple paradiddle on a table but Elbee has managed to avoid this problem.
[b]Unique Ability:[/b] Following a strict Vegan diet for many years, Elbee has obtained elite vegan powers. Not using the psychic powers like a regular Vegan, Elbee uses all of his power to constantly store his entire drum set in his head. He can than summon it from his head and play it. His ability to turn drumming into a weapon is separate from being a Vegan, he's always had that ability. The Veganism merely allows him to easily store and summon his drum set. Once the drum set has been summoned, Elbee needs time to recharge his psychic powers before he can put it away again.
[b]Weakness:[/b] Besides the Vegan Police and anything that might cause them to show up, Elbee has a particular weakness for people that make fun of his name. It can put him in a furious rage and if he is drumming he'll lose control and go over the top. Consequently that's how Elbee destroyed his last drum set.
[b]Writing Snippet:[/b] -

Evil Exes
- [Coming Soon...][/font][/color][/indent] Edited by White

[font="Book Antiqua"][indent][b]Song Title and Band:[/b] [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_h5DMHh5_M"]11th Dimension by Julian Casablancas[/url]- Like the song, he's a high energy and bubbly person, but always remains introspective and thoughtful.

But lately, Arthur has been feeling pretty [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMAVLXk9QWA"]â??This is Warâ? by 30 Seconds to Mars[/url]. Can you blame him with all of the madness ensuing?

[b]Name:[/b] Robert Arthur Johnson, but goes by Arthur now
[b]Age:[/b] 21
[b]Appearance:[/b] [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/Reizou/SPatGBM/21.png"]Arthur[/url]
Arthur stands at 6â??1â??â?? and has an average figure. He usually keeps his hair very short, not that anyone would see it under his signature black newsboy cadet cap. His eyes are dark brown, although these are mostly hidden as well behind his onyx square rimmed glasses. His usual attire consists of: a plaid, button up long sleeve shirt of varying colors with the sleeves rolled up, black jeans or black jean shorts, [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/Reizou/SPatGBM/kevin-smith-jameson-side.jpg"]black â??Clerksâ? etnies[/url], [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/Reizou/SPatGBM/41Idz-5ZunL_SL500_AA300_.jpg"]a rare watch he received from old friends on his right wrist[/url], a black wristband on his left wrist and dj headphones.

For special events he wears a black fedora with a white stripe above the brim, a white t-shirt, a black casual blazer, black jeans, and his black etnies, and he ditches the headphones.

[b]Personality:[/b] Arthurâ??s a nice guy, but he's often overlooked by others. Heâ??s amiable, easily excitable and gets along swimmingly with basically everyone (especially women). Around his friends heâ??s basically the same, but heâ??s also fairly sarcastic and never hesitates to make smartass remarks to or about his opponents. His claims to fame would probably be his cleverness, intelligence and unusual (and mostly useless) knowledge of mythology and comic books. Unfortunately, heâ??s not all sunshine and puppies; heâ??s a pushover when it comes to basically everyone, he has a tendency to blame himself for all of the bad things that have happened in his life and he has a bit of an anger problem that progressively builds up until he explodes.

[b]Location[/b]: Born in the Bronx, New York, he now lives in Oceanside, CA

[b]Weapon(s) of Choice:[/b] Yo-yos. Although usually a hand to hand fighter, he recently discovered that heâ??s quite skilled with using yo-yos both in battle and for kicks. His current yo-yos are known as [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/Reizou/SPatGBM/QuickStrikeYoYos.jpg"]Beginnerâ??s Luck[/url]. On the right yo-yo in the bottom right corner is the outline of B and on the left yo-yo a L, both in birth of a hero font [the name of his weapons is always displayed in this fashion, and that's really the only cosmetic change between weapons]. His yo-yos are special in that he can control their paths mid flight, and when theyâ??re extended the rope becomes a chain which he can use to bind and constrict his opponents.

[b]Unique Ability:[/b] Arthur can generate an electric current throughout his body which he can channel through his yo-yos as well as release in concussive waves or blasts. [His electricity has a blue glow]

[b]Weakness:[/b] Oddly enough, orange juice and blueberries. If given either of these things he can lose focus and his edge very quickly and his angry meter gets reset (although I suppose his quickly filling anger meter is a weakness in and of itself). Heâ??s also always had an uncontrollable attraction to blondes and can often be tricked into doing things for them (this trait holds true now, despite him having a girlfriend).

[b]Writing Snippet:[/b] [To come soon!]

[b][u]The League of Arthur's Evil Ex-Bestfriends:[/u][/b]
Arthur has lost a fair share of friends in his life, through both tragic and humorous circumstances, and now theyâ??re back to wreck havoc on him and his new friends.

[b]1. Vivian â??Viviâ? Talbot[/b]
A Final Fantasy fanatic who dresses up like Vivi Orunitia every day. Her devotion to the games has given her the ability to use various Black and White Mage abilities.

[b]2. Eleanor â??Ellieâ? Woodward[/b]
A severely sarcastic and heartless ex-bestfriend and ex-girlfriend. She moved to England after an unfortunate even between her and Arthur so she could sharpen her skills in fencing and dry humor.

[b]3.â??Sam & Samâ? Samantha Wedge and Samuel Biggs[/b]
They were preppy, popular kids whose lives were â??ruinedâ?? by Arthur.They were forced to get jobs at a fast food joint, and have been bitter ever since.

[b]4. Cale Andrew Hawke[/b]
Arthurâ??s first real best friend and a disrespectful, angry jackass. He betrayed Arthur at some point, and the two fought a terrible battle that they barely survived with their lives. Cale went off to be a singer of the heavy metal band Power Stoned.

[b]5. â??The Floatersâ? Gale F. Brown, Torry F. Jones and Wendy F. Manson[/b]
Arthurâ??s friends through Cale. Theyâ??re all tough as nails and filled to the brim with angst. After falling out with Arthur and Cale they got involved in extreme sports and are fairly decent.

[b]6. Vincent Ector[/b]
A friend Arthur was closer to than any of the others. Heâ??s a linguistic major and a mechanical wiz. Heâ??s cunning, smart and cool, and is almost exactly like Arthur (albeit better and more popular). Heâ??s the only ex-bestfriend to not be â??dumpedâ?? by Arthur. Vincent organized the League of Arthurâ??s Evil Ex-Bestfriends for mysterious reasons.[/font][/indent]
[font="Times New Roman"][size="2"][b]OOC:[/b] I'm glad to see you've both signed up, and I'm anxious to see the entirety of yours, White. I believe we have at least another two on their way soon, so everyone look forward to that. Later on today I'll have the backstage thread up, where I'll post relevant plot info and you rpers can make suggestions and such to the group. :][/size][/font] Edited by Vongola

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Not closed yet, I hope?

[b]Song Title and Band:[/b] [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajq4Ek-jChA"]Punk Rock 101, by Bowling for Soup[/url]. Not exactly fitting lyrics, but it's a sweet jam to slay the undead hordes to.

[b]Name:[/b] Dave Tannen
[b]Age:[/b] 24
[b]Appearance:[/b] Short, spiked black hair, 5 foot ten, wears a denim jacket at all times despite living in the middle of a desert.
[b]Personality:[/b] Over-the-top, hammy, slightly insane and has an ego the size of Jupiter.
[b]Location:[/b] Las Vegas, Nevada
[b]Weapon(s) of Choice:[/b] Comic book nerd, owns a replica Green Lantern ring that actually works, though so far all it can do is manifest small objects to use as weapons.
[b]Unique Ability:[/b] See above.
[b]Weakness:[/b] Yellow is a dumb weakness. Let's just say he flies off the handle a little whenever you suggest that he might be less than awesome.
[b]"Oh come on, seriously?"[/b] grumbled Dave, staring dazedly at the decaying hand rapping on his bedroom window. The zombies were becoming more frequent lately, but at least the last one waited for him to wake up. He groggily rose from his bed, slipped on his boots and checked to make sure he was wearing his ring before sliding through the window to face his visitor.

[b]"Tannen! I am-"[/b]

[b]"Yeah, yeah, one of pop's former jobs, come back from the dead for vengeance,"[/b] Dave cut in, [b]"Can we just skip to the part where I kick your rotting undead ass? The change you bastards drop is my only source of income these days."[/b]

[b]�Very well,�[/b] the zombie assumed a combat stance.

[b]�Oh, hold on a sec,�[/b] muttered Dave as he crawled back through his bedroom window. The zombie watched in confusion as Dave crawled under his bed. [b]�Dammit, I know it's here somewhere... AH!�[/b] he emerged, holding his MP3 player, which he plugged into his stereo system and set to shuffle. He then exited the window and turned to his adversary once more. [b]�Alright, let's dance.[/b]

The zombie launched itself towards Dave full force. Dave narrowly dodged the charge, then held up a hand to block an oncoming foot.

[b]�You're pretty spry for a dead guy.�[/b]*

[b]�Yeah,�[/b] replied the zombie, [b]�I get that a lot.�[/b] he flung a claw at Dave, who lost a bit of hair from not quite ducking fast enough.

[b]�Guess grappling is the way to go, then,�[/b] Dave said as he willed into being a glowing green pack of dental floss. He pulled the strand into the path of another oncoming kick, then wrapped it around the captive ankle. He severed the string, yanked the zombie to throw it off balance, then wrapped another string around its neck.

[b]�And now we open the money pinata.�[/b] Dave stomped hard on his enemy's back and pulled the floss the opposite direction. The zombie's neck was severed, causing it to disintegrate as its body instantly became a large assortment of coins.

Dave approached the pile and started counting. [b]�Fifty bucks, not bad. Denny's for breakfast.�[/b]

Suddenly, Dave's phone rang. He pulled it out of his pocket and checked it. One new text.

[center]---[/center]

[font="Courier New"]Subject: Good Morning, Dave

Well done! I've clearly underestimated you. I had thought that such a skilled pawn would at least provide some challenge at this hour of the morning, but clearly I was mistaken. I shall need to reconsider my strategy for the time being. Until then, please enjoy the money you earned. Have yourself a healthy breakfast! It may be your last.

-K.[/font]

[center]---[/center]

This was the fifth text in two months. Dave had been ignoring the others, but this one just needed to be answered. Dave wasted no time in replying.

[center]---[/center]

[font="Courier New"]Subject: none

bring it on[/font]

[center]---[/center]

[b]�What the hell,�[/b] Dave said to himself, [b]�I could use the money.�[/b]

[b][u]Evil Exes[/u][/b]
The League of Dave's Dad's Evil Ex-Victims. Frank Tannen is an infamous assassin, and it's being taken out on Dave in the form of an annoying and freaky zombie invasion led by Frank's mortician ex-partner, who's been bringing them all back to life with his creepy mortician necromancy powers. So far, they've been polite enough to approach one at a time, though.

[size="1"]*I sincerely apologize for this line. It's like it jumped me in the alley and demanded I include it.[/size][/font] Edited by NeedMoarRope

[color="#0000FF"][size="1"][font="Arial Black"][right]Digging My potato - Seatbelts[/right]
[color="#000000"][b][u]Main Character[/u][/b][/color]

[b][color="#000000"]Name:[/color][/b] James Jones

[b][color="#000000"]Age:[/color][/b]20

[b][color="#000000"]Gender:[/color][/b] Male

[b][color="#000000"]Appearance:[/color][/b] James is an unassuming guy. Heâ??s average height at 6â??, average build, plain brown eyes, and plain brown hair which he keeps trimmed into his signature unstyled mohawk with closely buzzed sides. When it comes to wardrobe however, James is a class act. He usually sports a nice pair of dark dress slacks, and a button up shirt with a tie. Occasionally he ramps it up and suits up in a three piece suite or tones it down and goes from some simple dark denim pants and a plain t-shirt. If itâ??s cold out heâ??ll likely be wearing a nice coat. Regardless of what heâ??s wearing, there are two common factors to his apparel. Heâ??s always in his black pinstriped converse high tops, and he never wears the same tie twice.

[b][color="#000000"]Personality:[/color][/b] James is usually a loner that tries to avoid needless human interaction. When someone manages to penetrate his social defenses, heâ??s always a perfect gentleman. He has but a few friends. But when around his friends he opens up and liberally utilizes his dry sense of humor. He spends most his time devoted to his hobby, music. He plays multiple instruments including the bass, flute, piano and trumpet. His main instrument however is the double bass which he plays at various places.

[b][color="#000000"]Location:[/color][/b] Tennessee

[b][color="#000000"]Weapon(s) of Choice:[/color][/b] A very large war hammer with an extended handle.

[b][color="#000000"]Unique Ability:[/color][/b] James is incredibly strong for his size. Heâ??s not going to lift a bus over his head but if necessary he might get it off the ground an inch or so.

[b][color="#000000"]Weakness:[/color][/b] Heâ??s a hopeless romantic though he tries to avoid women and relationships. In particular, redheads with great smiles seem to have a particularly strong effect on him.

[b][color="#000000"]Writing Snippet:[/color][/b]
[color="#8B0000"]((Sorry for the delay in getting this up))[/color]
â??Thank you for listening, and have a good night!â? James hastily made his way offstage, nearly knocking over half the stage in his hurry.

â??Hey, hey James!â? issued a voice from the darkness.
James whipped around almost dropping his bass which was half in its case. He caught sight of the shadowy figure sitting by the sound board and immediately felt silly for jumping. He couldnâ??t put his finger on why, but for some reason James was feeling sort of on edge as of late. James finished stowing the bass and headed over to the corner where the voice had come from.

Rick, Sound guy; James connection for gigs.

â??Howâ??s it going rick?â? queried James in a hushed voice.

â??Eh, Iâ??m alright. Got in a fight with the lady so Iâ??m picking up some extra sets to give her some time to cool off. You gonna stay for the next set?â?

â??I donâ??t think so. You know I hate being inside these clubs.â?

â??Iâ??d consider sucking it up for this next guy. He showed up in town, played a song for the owner and now heâ??s got a full hour tonight. And get this, he just solos for his whole set.â?

James interest was hooked. He had been trying everyday for awhile now to get a chance in front of the owner. â??Thereâ??s no way Iâ??m missing this guy if heâ??s as good as you say. Iâ??ll be out front if you get a chance to get away from that board.â?

â??Alright man, Iâ??ll find you if I can get away. Now get out of here, I got work to do.â?

James headed out the door into the fresh night air, taking a deep breath to recharge himself for the plunge into the crowd. Hopefully that one breath would do as he had to duck inside quickly to catch the beginning wails of the blues song. As the lament of the the harmonica hit James his heart sank and to his surprise, he began to cry. James hadnâ??t cried since he was a young boy. As the song continued James sunk deeper; his shoulders sagging, his mind lost in his past regrets. As quickly as he had fallen into his present state, he was lifted out of it as the music stopped, replaced by the voice of the lone figure on stage.

â??Iâ??d like to thank Yâ??all for listening. Especially my good friend James in the back over there. Itâ??s been awhile, but now that Iâ??m back it wonâ??t be the last time you hear from your olâ?? buddy. If none of the other get to yaâ?? first. You been warned.â?
[u][color="#000000"]Evil Exes:[/color][/u]
The League of Evil Ex-Confidants

[color="#000000"]Maggie Mackenzie[/color] â?? Maggie is an up and coming model. She has a pale complexion with dark red hair which makes her a striking occupant of any runway. Perhaps her most notable feature is her heat, both on and off the runway.

[color="#000000"]Nicholas Smith[/color] â?? Nicholas hails from the deep-south and was James childhood friend. Heâ??s been gone for quite a few years now so little is known about him. He recently showed up again and is drifting across the south playing small parts in local shows. He has a harmonica which seems to have an adverse effect on others when he desires.

[color="#000000"]Julie Meadows[/color] â?? Julie is an aspiring actress that moved to New York to pursue theatre. She has a tremendous voice which she can use to persuade people to do her bidding.

[color="#000000"]Kenneth[/color] â?? Ken was a friend of Jamesâ??. They used to play music together in town and spent a good amount of time in discussion with one another about everything from the afterlife to the best way to make a sandwich. Kens managed to project thoughts into reality and has now turned to being a messiah for a small group of people.

[color="#000000"]Lauren MacCullen[/color] â?? Lauren is an old family friend that used to be friends with both Nick and James. She seems to be able to perform fantastic feats of grace and agility.

[color="#000000"]John Doe[/color] - John is a scientist who works on some mysterious projects. After James and him had a falling out, he went off the radar and devoted himself to his work. Now heâ??s resurfaced and seems to be harboring some resentment for James.[/font][/size][/color] Edited by SusanooNoMiko

[font="Book Antiqua"][size="4"]G[/size]reat sign-ups so far, though I'm hoping to see [i]one[/i] sign-up finished soon *hem* [b]mapthesoul.[/b]/[b]White[/b] *hem*. I'm thinking I'll give the sign-ups until Friday and then post the main thread on Saturday. Maybe we'll snag a couple more participants, ey? Also, everyone make sure to take a gander at the backstage thread. There's some serious conversation about sound effects and other going-ons in the rp, and we NEED everyone's input and stuff.

Anyways, be on the lookout for that my friends. :D[/font]

[center][b]Song Title and Band:[/b][/center]
[color="#DDA0DD"]I know I still haven't remixed this yet, but trust me it's going to sound great. It will be called "Poppin' All Over the World." Stop by and listen sometime when I'm done and you're ever at the club. For now, just imagine [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrPaEUjtYvQ"]Jumping All Over the World[/url] with a lot more of the "Girls, you know we've got it better than the boys" line from [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3n6NaVETs0&feature=related"]Poppin'[/url][/color]
[center][url="http://i37.tinypic.com/2dt4nfd.jpg"][img]http://i37.tinypic.com/2eqaqtl.jpg[/img][/url][/center]
[center][b]Main Character
Name: [/b]
[color="#DDA0DD"]Mi Hi "Capriccio" ("DJ Capriccio" soon) Tachibina-Iskender[/color]
[b]Age:[/b]
[color="#DDA0DD"]19 if you can believe it[/color]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[color="#DDA0DD"]Female, duh[/color]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[color="#DDA0DD"]What, my band art isn't good enough? Okay, okay. Here's the real me. I don't usually wear something like this though. It's just my bathrobe around the house.
[url="http://i34.tinypic.com/91bas3.jpg"]The real Mi Hi![/url][/color]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[color="#DDA0DD"]Well, I like to say I'm easy to get along with and I'm fun to be around, but I'm sure everyone says that about themselves. So I guess I'm just an outgoing girl who doesn't mind making a few friends. I don't shy away from talking to new people at the club. With what I want to be though, you can't exactly be shy anyways. Besides that, I get pretty determined when I decide I'm going to do something or help someone out. I'm not so serious though that I can't have fun if that's what the flow is at the moment. Well, that's everything I think.[/color]
[b]Location:[/b]
[color="#DDA0DD"]Flagstaff, AZ which sucks. I'm trying to get back to California and see the Bay Area again.[/color]
[b]Weapon(s) of Choice:[/b]
[color="#DDA0DD"]My trusty pair of roller-blades! They're really pretty and really painful when they hit! I use them to kick with of course. Especially if I start break dancing with them on. I have a portable turntable but I can't figure out how to use that as a weapon yet. It sucks, since I have to be so close up to fight with my roller-blades.[/color]
[b]Unique Ability:[/b]
[color="#DDA0DD"]My ability is to pose! No, seriously! If I do a thumbs up, somehow I get luckier. A fist pump for more strength and finally a victory sign with my fingers for more speed! If I do two at once with any of these, I get double the power everytime! I can't mix them though and the boost only lasts for a little bit of time. I call it Fighting Pose!
My secondary ability is a bit embarrassing. >_< It only comes once a month. That's right, during that "special time of the month". So I call it Red Devil. It's random each time, but it usually seems to give me random fire abilities.[/color]
[color="#DDA0DD"]Mi Hi rocked back and forth in her chair, her headphones almost falling off her lap each time. When the interviewer was finally ready, she stopped and put her headphones on her neck. She was excited, which was obvious. She was being interviewed as one of the young and upcoming new DJ's. The interviewer didn't approach her though, she had set up the whole thing. But hey, she had to get her name out somehow.[/color]
[b]"Okay, I'm ready to start now, miss..."[/b] [color="#DDA0DD"]The interviewer sat down.

"Oh you can call me DJ Capriccio. Or DJ Capriccio Priccio Priss for short." Mi Hi smiled. The joke was lost on the interviewer though, so he just continued.[/color]

[b]"Okay, DJ Capriccio. Tell me a little about yourself."[/b]

[color="#DDA0DD"]Mi Hi smiled once again. "Please, call me Mi Hi." She said, trying to be nice and forgetting about getting her DJ name out there.
"What do you want to know?"[/color]

[b]"Well Mi Hi, just the usual stuff. Hobbies, favorite types of music and whatever you feel like sharing about yourself."[/b]

[color="#DDA0DD"]Mi Hi rocked back and forth in her chair again as she talked.
"Well, I moved here a little while back from Yokohama. My father was the usual worker and my mother was a Korean singer visiting Japan. They hit it off so here I am! Evidence of their love!" Mi Hi gave a little laugh at this point and the interviewer gave her an odd stare. Mi Hi didn't let this interrupt her however.
"So then we moved out here and since my mother gave up her music career, I'm trying to start my life as a DJ."
Mi Hi kept talking and talking when finally, to the interviewer's delight, she got a text message. Mi Hi pulled out her phone and looked at the message.[/color]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]...We're coming[/font]

[color="#DDA0DD"]It didn't make sense to Mi Hi, so she closed her phone and tried to put it away. Suddenly, her text ringtone played again so she looked at her phone a second time.[/color]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]LOL how r u Mi Mi?
Oh ya, DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE! LOL[/font]

[color="#DDA0DD"]This one was still a bit odd, but it creeped Mi Hi out a little.[/color]

[b]"Look, I should go. I think I might have enough material."[/b]

[color="#DDA0DD"]"No wait! We can still finish this!" Mi Hi said, upset that she was about to lose her interview.
Her ringtone disagreed though, so the interviewer walked off after saying goodbye. Mi Hi looked at her phone one last time.[/color]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Listen Mi Hi, we still remember you and what you did. You can't hide or run. We're going to kill you and we're doing it soon. I can't wait. See you soon, Mi Hi you liar.[/font]

[color="#DDA0DD"]Mi Hi closed her phone. It all made sense now. That was Hotaru, Maiko and Kamiko. They were coming. Somehow, despite their troubles with transportation, they were coming and would be going after her soon. Mi Hi had to go to California now more than ever, she thought as she ran out of the club.[/color]

[b]Evil Exes[/b]
[color="#DDA0DD"]Really? Do I really have to talk about them? >_< Well basically, me and three of my friends promised each other that we would graduate together. It was me, Hotaru, Maiko, and Kamiko. I broke that promise by moving to the U.S. It wasn't my fault though! So now I'm afraid my Evil Ex-Classmates might be after me. Luckily for me though, they're afraid of commercial airlines and they all get seasick. But if they manage to catch a ride from Mothra or something I'm in big big trouble.[/color]

[url="http://i33.tinypic.com/os8i39.jpg"][b]The League of Mi HI's Evil Ex-Classmates[/b][/url]
[img]http://i33.tinypic.com/2mmg11y.gif[/img][color="#DDA0DD"] - The leader of the group, she's the one that keeps the other two in line. She enjoys the attention she gets being leader.[/color][/center]
[left][img]http://i35.tinypic.com/npnlhl.gif[/img][color="#DDA0DD"] - The energetic second in command. Usually easily distracted unless she's after me.[/color][/left]
[center][img]http://i37.tinypic.com/34fbf4p.gif[/img] [color="#DDA0DD"]- The quiet one of the group. She thinks that Hotaru shouldn't lead but just goes along with it as long as they get rid of me.[/color][/center] Edited by Lilt