OtakuBoards

Late Screening

Heaven's Cloud

[color=indigo]The other night I was flipping through channels when I came across the movie [b]In Bruges[/b]. It was just starting so I decided to give it a watch. As soon as the camera panned to the protagonists, played by Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson, I remembered that I had planned on seeing this when it was released in theaters.

For the next two hours I watched the film, enjoying every minute of it and feeling somewhat sorry that I had not seen it earlier. After all, it is hard to discuss an older movie with friends, especially older movies that a lot of people havenâ??t seen. Iâ??ll try and convince a few people to seek out the film but the chances that more than one or two of my friends actually looks for the movie is slim to none.

Anyway, my question for you guys is what movies (that have become near and dear to your heart) did you stumble upon well after their theatrical release?[/color]

Just about every movie I've seen lol. I'm not the theater type anymore especially now with very little movies that strikes an interest... (The Expendables will be the 1st movie I've actually gone to the movies to see in a long time. 10 years)

[color="#2E8B57"][i]Josie and the PussyCats[/i]

I missed it in the theaters and also about the first year it was out on video simply due to my own bias. I figured it was just another stupid teenage movie that wouldn't have a point and would make me want to bash my head against the wall. I was oh-so-wrong. It turns out that movie is one of my favorite comedies. It's sneaky and subversive. Also Melody is the ONLY role Tara Reid should have ever been cast in. With music written by Babyface and Adam Duritz, it'spretty catchy.
[/color]

[quote name='Molleta' date='03 September 2010 - 06:04 PM' timestamp='1283562285' post='700220']
[color="#2e8b57"][i]Josie and the PussyCats[/i]
With music written by Babyface and Adam Duritz, it'spretty catchy.[/color]
[/quote]
you forgot josies singing voice, by Kay Hanley.
Im a huge Letters to Cleo fan so i have to mention it.

um... as for me i guess the best movie that took me forever to see was Pandorum... good story, kinda creepy, but very good.

• 2 weeks later...
[font="Palatino Linotype"]There are a lot of movies that I discovered after their theatrical release, especially movies that are from the 60's. Some of my favourite films are from that era, especially Rosemary's Baby and The Birds. I actually still don't own The Birds on DVD...I must fix that...

I am sure there is actually a huge list, most of which I can't remember at the moment. One movie I loved as a kid though was Batteries Not Included. I'm not sure what year it was released, but I was probably too young to have seen it at the movies. I bought it on DVD recently because I saw a copy at a local supermarket (those supermarket bins can really surprise you, haha). I didn't even think they had printed it in Region 4! So I was very happy to have that one. :)[/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]You all remember that [b]Speed Racer[/b] movie? That one we all thought was going to suck? I caught it on cable several months ago and it turns out it's not half bad. It doesn't try to explain why the show was stupid and weird, it doesn't try to take the ridiculous premise and make it serious and it doesn't aspire to be anything more than exactly what it is; a goofy sendup to an extremely campy and bizarre anime series. And it is glorious.

It also has this:

[center][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/wolfoxokamichan/speedpaunch.gif[/img][/center][/font] Edited by The Professor