OtakuBoards

Devil May Cry: Rebooted

Magus

[url="http://tgs.gamespot.com/story/6275935/dmc-first-impressions?tag=topslot;thumb;1"]Trailer[/url]

Capcom x Ninja Theory

Being a big fan of the series and Dante since he his DMC, I have to say I'm not feeling the tone of the game nor am I liking his look. Being a fan of the hack n slash games in general, obviously I'm going to reserve my judgment until I see some actual gameplay footage.

Thoughts?

[quote name='Phenom' date='15 September 2010 - 07:32 PM' timestamp='1284593542' post='700538']
[url="http://tgs.gamespot.com/story/6275935/dmc-first-impressions?tag=topslot;thumb;1"]Trailer[/url]

Capcom x Ninja Theory

Being a big fan of the series and Dante since he his DMC, I have to say I'm not feeling the tone of the game nor am I liking his look. Being a fan of the hack n slash games in general, obviously I'm going to reserve my judgment until I see some actual gameplay footage.

Thoughts?
[/quote]

[color=indigo]Eh, I thought the last DMC game was pretty damn good, so I didn't really need anything but a continuation of its awesomeness. Still, I'm intrigued. The trailer looked pretty cool and I'd be interested enough just by it if it was a brand new game (and not a sequel...sort of).[/color]

[color="#0000FF"][font="Arial Black"]Um...why are they rebooting Devil May Cry? It's not even that old! We got the Dante we know in MVC3, but this isn't what I was thinking I'd see.
What about the questions from DMC4? Is Nero a clone, Dante's half-brother, or something else? What's with Nero's arm? How about Yamato, Virgil's sword?
Explain, capcom! Explain!
As for the new game, it could be good or bad. This new Dante looks kinda cool, but I'm not sure yet.[/font][/color] Edited by Dragonboym2

Cloud, I agree. Devil May Cry 4 was good in my eyes and I thought Nero was a great character. Dante, he's not, but still a great character in general. Devil Bringer was nice.

I'm going by "They say" here. Ninja Theory has been getting a backlash from fans.. Well, I'll just quote the post from AOD forums.

[quote name="thedigitalsin"]You'll also be happy to know that [URL="http://imgur.com/TS1VT.jpg"]Dante's new design is based on Tameem Antoniades[/URL], one of the chief designers at Ninja Theory and also heading this game.

The amount of negative reception the new DmC reboot got was pretty staggering. Ninja Theory has deleted several threads from their forums since the game was officially unveiled and are now moderating all new registered users, something they haven't done before today. Capcom's also doing their hardest to try and quell the anger at their own forums. [/quote] Edited by Phenom

Sadly I gave up on the DMC franchise after playing the second game.  By the time the third was released my gaming days were nearly at an end.  I can't say that this trailer does anything to rekindle my interest in the series either.  

Alas, I can still dream of my Devil May Cry/Resident Evil crossover though.

Oh boy the Devil May Cry reboot. That's something that started a bit of a firestorm, no? A lot of fans are mad at the changes. Personally I love the idea of Ninja Theory working on DMC, they're a good developer and Heavenly Sword and the upcoming Enslaved show that I feel. Especially Enslaved, that's probably going to be a sleeper hit I think. Now I said I love the idea of Ninja Theory working on Devil May Cry but I didn't say I love the idea of a reboot. A reboot just seems completely unnecessary to me. It would have been fine to have Ninja Theory work on DMC 5 instead of completely rebooting the universe.

However, that said, this doesn't look like it's going to be a terrible game. The trailer looks fantastic actually, even though it isn't necessary to reboot, this reboot might actually do well. Edited by xaos

I agree. It don't look like it'll be all that bad, mainly because I'm just a fan of hack n slashers in general. I'm finding it really hard to get used to/ accept this Dante. He had a sheer level of coolness to him and because he looks like such a junky now diminishes it.

[quote name='Dragonboym2' date='16 September 2010 - 06:12 AM' timestamp='1284617550' post='700551']
[color="#0000ff"][font="Arial Black"]Um...why are they rebooting Devil May Cry? It's not even that old! We got the Dante we know in MVC3, but this isn't what I was thinking I'd see.
What about the questions from DMC4? Is Nero a clone, Dante's half-brother, or something else? What's with Nero's arm? How about Yamato, Virgil's sword?
Explain, capcom! Explain!
As for the new game, it could be good or bad. This new Dante looks kinda cool, but I'm not sure yet.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Nero is Vergils son

• 1 month later...
[quote name='The Tentacle' date='16 September 2010 - 12:14 PM' timestamp='1284668046' post='700569']
Sadly I gave up on the DMC franchise after playing the second game.[/quote]

There's your problem right there. The second game was HORRIBLE and I feel that it should never be played!

I never really saw pictures of the new DMC game until just now and I fully agree with what my friends have said. I am sorry that the head of the project who styled Dante after himself is getting such bad feedback. However, it is difficult to entirely change a character's appearance after four games. I did not sense any 'badassery' that I know and love from the first and third DMC games. (Sorry I haven't played four so I am just going off my knowledge of what I know.) It feels like all of the DMC flavor has been sucked out from it. It is all foriegn to me. I do not think I will like this game. Edited by Japan