OtakuBoards

The Departed.

CaNz

[center][img]http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt278/PandasQ/firstrp.jpg[/img]
[left][font="Garamond"]

[size="3"][b]"As far as we know. this is all that is left of the world."[/b] K Miller ~elder
On an island surrounded by endless ocean, hand charted to be around 790 miles North to south and 560 miles East to West, a small city exists. Brown Brick buildings line the plowed streets, and the skies are forever cloudy. The chilly 60 degree Fahrenheit weather is only disturbed by infrequent showers. Whenever it rains, an unexplained phenomenon occurs. When it rains, people vanish... forever.

This story takes place in an alternate world separate from our own. However it takes place in present day and the personality of people in the world mostly match that. The inhabitants of the city all arrive the same way, washed up on the shore with no memories except that of a bright lightâ?¦ so bright that it isnâ??t natural. No one knows how people get to the shore or were they come from, and the people who travel out by boat either turn around or their broken ships eventually make it back to the coast. The citizens try to live normal lives, but they are plagued with memories of the world they came from. These traumatic flashbacks progressively grow in number until the victim disappears from the island. [/size][/font][font="Garamond"][size="3"]These people, are called: The Departed.
[/size][/font]

Those who will take part in the story will assume the role of an inhabitant of the city. This RP is going to feel like a suspense movie, (if I can do it right) so you wont be given all the details of the world or of the character you choose. But over the course of the story I will P.M. you with a â??flashbackâ?? that will reveal more about your character, and what happened in the world you left behind. These people have grouped together under a similar goal, find out what is causing the disappearances.
[font="Book Antiqua"][b]
[/b][/font][center][font="Book Antiqua"][size="5"][u][b]CAST[/b][/u][/size]
[/font][/center][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#ff0000"][b]M Rellic [color="#0000ff"]([color="#000000"]CaNz[/color])[/color][/b][/color]
A man who looks to be 22. He is bald and cannot seem to grow hair. He is sickly skinny and rarely has an appetite. He does not work too hard, but always feels exhausted, and he is barley making it by in the town. He is currently out of work, because the farm owner that employed him disappeared, and his replacement would not stand for the ten hours per week he was working under the old management. He respected and loved the old manager, and he wats to find out more about what happened more than he wants to return to work.

[b][color="#ff0000"]V Stellano[/color] [color="#0000ff"]([/color][/b][/font][color="#0000ff"][color="#000000"][b]nightscapture[/b][/color])[/color][font="Book Antiqua"]
A 30 year old Blond female missing an arm, she is a hard worker but frequently spends her weekends drinking. She normally does this to try and combat the flashbacks she has been having. On certain days, she sees the face of a frightened boy, illuminated by yellow, and then red light. She cannot remember why he is screaming, but it haunts her. She is afraid of suicide, but learning more about disappearings has become a priority for her.

[b][color="#ff0000"]E Niel[/color] [color="#0000ff"]([/color]Humaru[color="#0000ff"])[/color][/b]
A boy of around 17. He has shaggy black hair and a bad case of the jitters. He doesnâ??t mind working and enjoys the privacy of his own home, but he wants excitement. Petty pranks, stealing and even fighting doesnâ??t seem to do it for him. What he wants, this place doesnâ??t have, he knows that much. What he doesnâ??t know is were the people who disappear go to. Feeling excited at the mere thought of being able to obtain what he wants, he searches tirelessly for the reasons behind the departed.

[color="#ff0000"][b]C Carry[color="#0000ff"] ([/color][color="#000000"]PseudoWhim[/color][color="#0000ff"])[/color][/b][/color][/font][font="Book Antiqua"]
A female artist. She works like everyone else, but her house is the only one that is green in the city, people come to her if they want something pretty, and she gladly helps in exchange for supplies, (which she states supply her with better art equipment, but most of it goes towards enriching her life) but recently her art has been metamorphosing itself as cruel drawings of carnivorous animals feasting on prey. The cause of this puzzles her but it is starting to effect her lifestyle. In order to make up for losses in art projects she has taken up looting the possessions of the recently departed under the guise of finding out more about the disappearances.
[color="#ff0000"][b][color="#000000"]
[color="#ff0000"]J Bernard [/color][color="#0000ff"]([/color]Anomaly[color="#0000ff"])[/color][/color] [/b][/color]
A 24 year old female with brown hair and blue eyes, as well as an appealing figure. She has been teaching agriculture to new arrivals for years now. She had many friends at one point, and even a lover, but anyone she knew from when she first arrived has long since departed. She is currently the oldest non-elder in the city and is well respected. But she feels hollow because unlike many of the villagers she never had a flashback, but when that changed just recently, she became worried. As she was finding out more about herself she realized this was what happens to people who depart from the world. She wants to find an answer so she can go on living.
[/font][font="Book Antiqua"][b]
[color="#ff0000"]A Douglass[/color] [/b][/font][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#ff0000"][b] [color="#0000ff"]([color="#000000"]Kre[/color])[/color][/b][/color][/font][font="Book Antiqua"]
A clean cut middle aged, brown haired male. He is one of the few doctors of the city. Most people donâ??t get sick enough to require serious treatment, and the island doesnâ??t provide enough resources to cure them if they didâ?¦ but the man has a knack for splints, and steady hands for the occasional minor surgery when accidents do happen. Patients however find the disappearances that occurs when it rains a illness and when a person comes to his office begging for the memories to stop then all of a sudden fades from existence, the doctor becomes curious. He can only help people who have minor injuries right now, but if he can find a cure for the plague that is taking people away, he could make a real difference. And he will do whatever it takes to find that cure, because he knows that he is also as sick as everyone else.[/font]

Well there you have it.
The cast will be seven people, so I will need six people to sign up for this RP (I will be the remaining person)
This is a first come first serve auditionâ?¦ all I need is the promise that you are willing to write this story to its conclusion. This isnâ??t one of those â??write till it dies RPsâ?? and I am committed to see this trough. If you have any questions P.M. meâ?¦ if not post the name of the cast member you want to write for here. this is my first try at running an RP by myself so I am relying on you guys to make it good!

[/left] [/center] Edited by CaNz

you will find out an age via flashbacks, but i can tell you she is around 18-24 by her appearance but it has been three years since she has joined.

also, I will post a backstage for questions tomorrow. thanks for giving me a shot PseudoWhim! I will try really hard to make this a successful and entertaining RP.