OtakuBoards

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Gavin

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNLKLCZN8wc[/media][/center]

We've got the trailer, and it's got Max von ******* Sydow narrating. Bethesda you have officially won my loyalty back after Fallout 3.

Brothers and sisters of Skyrim our time has come, we shall meet this threat with blood, sweat and steel. We shall drive these wyrms back to the depths that spawned them. We shall know no rest, no pity, no mercy until at last we are victorious. If our swords are shattered we shall fight with our shields, if our shields are broken we shall fight with our bare hands, and if our hands are ruined then with our very teeth we shall tear out the throats of our enemies! For Skyrim! For Shor! [/size][/font]

FINALLY.

Why Skyrim though? It's just a cold region and they'll probably make the setting as boringly standard medieval as they did with Oblivion. Besides, I have seen enough snow and ice and Nords in Morrowind's expansions, and Bruma was based on Skyrim architecture too. I was hoping they'd go for another elven area, or to Argonian or Khajit lands. Meh meh.

[font="Tahoma"]I don't really mind where it's taking place, i'm just happy the game is finally being made. Oblivion is a game I still put into my 360 from time to time and still really haven't done every single thing available to do between 4 different characters. I hope that character models see a big update and that there is more variety in creation as well. I'm also thankful that Dragon Age 2 is coming out first, seeing as how I probably wouldn't get to it if Skyrim were to be released first, lol.[/font]

[quote name='JamesMay' timestamp='1292756839' post='702951']
soooo stoked.. im replaying oblivion at the moment to get even more psyched up for this. anyone have news on what graphics engine they are using? god i hope they dont use the same engine as fallout 3.
[/quote]

I don't hope so either. I thought I read somewhere they were going to make use of IDSoft's newest Engine, which is supposed to be AWESOME. But maybe the article read they were NOT going to be using it.