OtakuBoards

The Division

Starwind

There are some among us who are born unique. We don't ask to be, but we are.

In the early days those like us were either feared or revered. Having these powers made us not unlike gods to these primitive people. However, as mythology and faith gave way to reason, the definition of our kind changed ultimately from God to Psychic.

The exploration of psychic power as a weapon has been around as long as our kind has existed, but it really met it's heyday during World War II. The NAZI's were obsessed with finding a way to weaponize us. To make us both pliable and reliable. Not wanting to be out done, many other governments around the world sought the same kind of advancement. The Third Reich fell without realizing it's goal, but the various programs around the world continued on anyway.

These programs have gone by a variety of different names, depending on where you live, but the current slang among us is 'The Division'. They horde psychics and do every thing in there power to train and prepare them for life as soldiers. Those who resist or refuse are often held indefinitely, if not killed outright. The only hope for escape is to run and never stop.

Some have grown tired over the years and have decided that they would rather fight. To this point no one has ever even gotten close to a successful assault on any Division center. With the combined strength of hundreds of movers, bleeders and sparks, matched with the security of hundreds of watchers and shadows, there is just no way to get close to them. Which has never really bothered me personally. I've always been pretty good at running so I'm happy to just keep going. But this doesn't work for some people.

Recently there has been some big commotion about an incident in Hong Kong. Apparently 'The Division' lost a syringe full of that strange chemical that's suppose to boost our powers. Now, I know that sounds pretty cool, but considering the fact that the stuff has apparently killed thousands of psychics, just in it's initial application, I can't stay far enough away from the stuff. And besides even if you survived there is a whole variety of treatments you would need just to keep the radioactive material in these injections from melting your insides.

But this has been the spark many have needed to move forward with their crazy plan.

Why would anyone go through with this, you might ask?

In some cases it's about equal rights. The belief that we are people too and shouldn't be experimented on.

For others it's about revenge. When they find us, bad things tend to happen to our friends and family. My father was a watcher, like me, and when he refused to join they came for him and my mother. When my dad realized that no matter what he did, they would chase him, he gave me a single slip of paper and a watch and told me that as long as I did exactly what was written on this piece of paper, exactly when it said to, I would be able to safely escape the city. I never saw either of them again. As sad as that may sound my story isn't unique.

For others it's about power. They think that things should be the way they used to be. You know, when we were Gods and everything.

But no matter the reason, the goal is the same. 'The Division' must go.

That's where I come in. My name is Sam Harris and last week I saw something kinda strange. I saw myself sitting on a park bench all by myself. Then suddenly this guy in black coat just walks up to me, hugs me, hands me a letter and tears off. Unfortunately that was as far as my vision went, so now here I am, sitting at this park bench like I have been everyday for a week. I have no way of knowing which day since my vision didn't give me any time indicators other then shadow positions to indicate time of day, roughly between 2 and 3 in the afternoon, and this one location.

I usually only use my power to see short distances into the future, handy for escaping a dangerous situation before it even becomes one, but I'm not great at the long off predictions, which is why the fact that this has taken a week now seems so strange. Normally I can only see two days ahead, and the most, but this is just crazy.

My traveling companions are starting to think I'm nuts. Plus we've been here for a while and soon we are going to have to move anyway.

Mike, our mover, has always been the antsy sort, so he just wants to get out of town because he's kinda bored of the back woods town.

Sean, our shadow, is more skittish and just wants to bolt before the Division watchers start getting close again.

And Paul, our shift, is just kinda following there lead since he doesn't give a crap one way or the other.

I managed to get them to agree to another day, but if this guy doesn't show up today we're gonna have to leave. Sean is good, but if we stay still for too long, it's only a matter of time til the Division watchers find us.

Change to is coming. You don't have to a watcher to see that anymore. The Division has made it their business to keep our existence secret, doing whatever is necessary to make sure it stays that way. But with all these new moving parts in play, it's really any ones guess when **** will hit the fan.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[center]Psychic Classes

[b]Mover:[/b]
An individual with the ability to move and affect physical objects with their thoughts. Also known as telekinetics.
[i]Limitations:[/i]
A movers abilities are limited by their concentration and experience. Most are only capable of simple things (moving small furniture and people), but it is believed that with artificial enhancement, they could become much more powerful with much less time needed to train.

[b]Spark:[/b]
An individual with the ability to create flames with their thoughts. Also known as pyrokinetics.
See above. Sparks face much the same trouble as movers.

[b]Watcher:[/b]
An individual with the power to see into the future.
Though one of the most sought forms of psychics, they are also the most unreliable, due to the untenable nature of the future. Sometimes the simple act of seeing it can change it.

[b]Shift:[/b]
An individual with the ability to use their psychic energy to change the appearance of an object.
The technique employed is purely illusory and has no real physical form. As such, most only shift objects of similar size and shape to the illusion they wish to cast. The illusions can hold even in absence of the shift, but the time is limited to only a few hours to a day at the most.

[b]Push:[/b]
An individual with the power of the persuasion, able to convince another into following there commands.
The push can only employ the technique with direct eye contact. Their power over other psychics has yielded mixed results.

[b]Sniff:[/b]
An individual with the power to track another with the aid of an object belonging to ,or handled by, the person being sought. Power is connected to the olfactory system.
The sniff requires both an object and a precise target to track. The must know who they are looking for or they just get images of any person who has touched the object in question.

[b]Shadow:[/b]
An individual with the power to block the tracking abilities of Sniffs. The power is less effective against watchers.
The average range for a shadow is only about 20 feet. While more powerful ones have been recorded, most are limited to mentioned range.

[b]Bleeder:[/b]
An individual with the power to create intense sonic pressure from their mouth. The common cause of death from their attacks is internal hemorrhaging.
The attack used by the bleeder is a focused attack. Meaning it is only effective one direction: Forward. The bleeder must turn their head to re-aim the attack.

[b]Stitch:[/b]
An individual with the power to heal any injury inflicted on a person short of amputation, so long as the other person is still alive. They are also capable of using the power to inflict harm. dislocating joints and even causing internal and external tissue damage.
The stitch must have physical contact with the targeted person in question.

[b]Reader:[/b]
An individual with the power to read the thoughts of another.
The reader must be within a certain distance. The further from their target, the less affective their ability to read their thoughts becomes. Beyond 150 feet it becomes impossible.

[b]Wipe:[/b]
An individual with the power to erase memories from the minds of others.
The wipe requires direct physical contact with the target. Specifically the head.

[b]Faze:[/b]
An individual with the power to pass through solid matter.
The concentration needed to use their ability leaves the faze mentally drained. Prolonged or over use can result in mild to severe migraines and even brain damage if pushed too far.[/center]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who haven't already noticed, this is a RP based on the 2009 film Push. You do not have to have seen the movie to understand, as I have already given all the needed information above. All the different types of psychics from film have been included, as well as two I came up with myself (Fazes and Sparks).

I'm looking for at least three people to play Sams' traveling companions, but this isn't mandatory. If you have a character of your own, go with it. I'll fill in some of the basic information I'll be needing on each character.

[b]Name: [/b]Sam Harris

[b]Age:[/b] 21

[b]Gender:[/b] Male

[b]Appearance:[/b][url="http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/GeneOutlaw/cameron.jpg"]Sam Harris.[/url] He is about 5'9 and 167 lbs. He has two scars on his back from being shot by Division sniffers while trying to escape them.

[b]Personality:[/b] He isn't the leader sort. He still finds it shocking that the other three have fallen in on him like they have. He has a strong sense of responsibility and always follows through on what he starts. He feels responsible for the well being of the group and is constantly looking out, sometimes at a personal cost to himself.

[b]Psychic Class:[/b] Watcher

[b]Writing snippet: [/b] See above.