OtakuBoards

Wolverine anime

Magus

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLYjywXyyDI&NR=1&feature=fvwp[/media]

It's an old trailer but I figured I'd post it regardless. Anyway, I'll say that I'm quite disappointed so far. Mainly because of the animation. The Wolverine model looks decent I suppose, but I hate how Madhouse uses the black screen with flashes of swipes to make for the action. It ruined the experience for me in Devil May Cry and it just might do the same here. I will check the series out still, but I have no high hopes for it.

[strike]Oh Madhouse, you used to be so great when it comes to actual fight scenes (Hajime no Ippo comes to mind). Get it together. Make some of the actual fights look as good as your gunfights or something.[/strike]

The [b]Iron Man[/b] anime was pretty damn disappointing (I think I dropped it after four episodes), so I don't have especially high hopes for this series. The biggest problem with [b]Iron Man[/b] is just that it's really [i]boring[/i]. Maybe [b]Wolverine[/b] will be a bit more exciting, but I doubt it.

Yeah just from the trailer I hate it. They have completely warped Wolverine for me.... I mean a mullet seriously.... I know Logan had a bad hairstyle but he never went that far...

I think the idea of recreating marvel characters for the Japan audience was a great idea but something went wrong..... IDK maybe I'm just a fan of the old school Marvel cartoons here in the states and can't even begin to like this...

I dunno if this is going to be an all new story or a twist on the Silver Samurai story twisted... but I can't say it looks fantastic.The art looks cheesy... do they have to use every cliche Japanese scene at once? The character design could be worse... but it really doesn't look like Wolverine at all... without those claws I would be lost.
On a second note... why is it always Wolverine that gets these spin off shows? there are plenty of other cool characters that havent had there stories reused so many times that they need to throw him into japan to make him interesting[/rant]

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1294743848' post='703794']
I dunno if this is going to be an all new story or a twist on the Silver Samurai story twisted... but I can't say it looks fantastic.The art looks cheesy... do they have to use every cliche Japanese scene at once? The character design could be worse... but it really doesn't look like Wolverine at all... without those claws I would be lost.
On a second note... why is it always Wolverine that gets these spin off shows? there are plenty of other cool characters that havent had there stories reused so many times that they need to throw him into japan to make him interesting[/rant]
[/quote]

Wolverine is one the most in depth characters in the Marvel Universe. He also has the average Joe thing going for him. Other superhero can fly, teleport, conjure whatever kind of element and wolverine is grounded in the fact that he can only heal. Wolverine feels pain, and emotions more vividly then most superheroes and I think that sets him apart. It's also nice to have knives like his at ur disposal.

[quote name='rotlung' timestamp='1294751331' post='703796']
Wolverine is one the most in depth characters in the Marvel Universe. He also has the average Joe thing going for him. Other superhero can fly, teleport, conjure whatever kind of element and wolverine is grounded in the fact that he can only heal. Wolverine feels pain, and emotions more vividly then most superheroes and I think that sets him apart. It's also nice to have knives like his at ur disposal.
[/quote]

Great Marvel character from X-men, yes... Only great X-men character... no.
I won't debate over wolverine being worth his popularity, but I don't mind complaining about how no one seems to give any other character a shot.There are waves and waves of Wolverine spotlighted media.

Also you say he is grounded with the ability to heal, but that's not exactly fair. Healing abilities has also meant immortality, and the ability to use those special claws coated in a near indestructible metal... oh yeah... that metal is also around his entire skeleton... so an almost invincible character is born (and according to the latest film pretty much flat out invincible... with the power to take out a guy with almost all the powers you said he was more balanced for not having.)

He also has a lot of depth and shows emotion better because he is the center of attention in almost everything he is in. Loads of other characters have personality, but dont get enough attention.

In any case, I just finished watching the first episode. Took me by surprise because I certainly was expecting it to be any good. It's a lot better than I thought and the fighting is spot on. It'll probably take a bit to get used to this Wolverine since he looks like a pretty boy and puts me in the mind of Dante.

I won't say I'm sold just yet but that's a nice way to open a series.