OtakuBoards

OB Prose Competition (Discussion)

Vicky

I'm feeling a little deserted whirlwind running through this section lately. So, awhile ago, we had the OB Prose competition by Allamorphamojo. It was an excellent little competition... which I didn't win (and forever cry at night from this painful experience) :p. But I thought maybe to liven things up, another competition could be run. Now, I'm normally real busy like, so I could probably do with some help :).

Firstly, anyone interested in participating, post here. There'll be no standard acceptance criteria, just say "I'm in" or whatever. We'll probably play it in rounds as usual.

Secondly, I need a few unbiased peoples to help me think up some round themes, exercises .etc. Realistically, you won't be able to participate in the competition as a writer. But perhaps if we have a tie in certain rounds we could have these few unbiased people delivering the final judgment. I'm not too sure about this, though. Anyone interested in helping design themes, ideas, rounds .etc then send me a private message.

Thirdly, anyone can comment with any ideas here.

I won't be taking part this time, waaaaaaah. But I'll be trying to direct things when I'm around and about. Also, if you're not a writer, then you can take part anyway and give it a shot. I'd rather have the focus of good writing on ideas and delivery, so you never know what you might come up with.

[quote name='Effing Anomaly' timestamp='1298953635' post='705380']
[font="Garamond"]I'm in because I must defend my title![/font]
[/quote]

You can defend your title in a one on one against me instead! :P.

Okay, so let's get a little list:

[B]Competitors[/B]
Effing Anomaly
Stephenie (yeah you're participating lovey heh)
Linkukun
Boo
Ducky

[B]Judges/Helper-Outers[/b]
Pioneer
The Professor

Hopefully I haven't missed anyone. I'm hoping to see a few more writers and maybe one more person on the panel to help with the running of the show, so spread the word. Someone get Allamorph here, too. He can provide the lemonade. If Pioneer and Professor are definitely up for helping with the themes and rounds, I'll be sending a message shortly to start getting that aspect rounded out. I'd rather wait until we have a few more writers, though!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='White' timestamp='1300560325' post='705799']
[font="Tahoma"][color="#696969"]I'll participate... I was told there would be ponies?[/color][/font]
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]There might be ponies, pending a request I'll have to make for them. In the meantime, [b]Vicky[/b], show yourself within a week or I'm hijacking this entire project. :modrod:

Participant Update:

[b]Competitors[/b]
Whatever Alexa is currently going by
Linkukun
Boo
Ducky
White
Sheik (perhaps)

[b]Judges/Helper-Outers[/b]
Vicky (?)
Pioneer
The Professor
Dassem Ultor

Regardless of whether there will indeed be ponies, anyone who still wants in should speak up soon. It would make the ponies very happy.[/font] Edited by The Professor

[quote name='The Professor' timestamp='1300571312' post='705804']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]There might be ponies, pending a request I'll have to make for them. In the meantime, [b]Vicky[/b], show yourself within a week or I'm hijacking this entire project. :modrod:
[/font]
[/quote]

I will probably drop out if I have to write about ponies.

[quote name='Vicky' timestamp='1299008566' post='705403']
[/quote]

I figured you'd say as much. ;) I would be pleased to reinstate myself as more than the randomly disappearing Otaku.

[quote name='The Professor' timestamp='1300598330' post='705809']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Ponies will not be a writing category. In fact, there probably won't be any ponies. However, participation in this competition would certainly please any theoretical ponies were they indeed involved.[/font]
[/quote]

No ponies? What about horses? Or goats? Maybe even Goats?

How would this work, anyway?