Vicky Posted February 23, 2011 Posted February 23, 2011 I'm feeling a little deserted whirlwind running through this section lately. So, awhile ago, we had the OB Prose competition by Allamorphamojo. It was an excellent little competition... which I didn't win (and forever cry at night from this painful experience) :p. But I thought maybe to liven things up, another competition could be run. Now, I'm normally real busy like, so I could probably do with some help :). Firstly, anyone interested in participating, post here. There'll be no standard acceptance criteria, just say "I'm in" or whatever. We'll probably play it in rounds as usual. Secondly, I need a few unbiased peoples to help me think up some round themes, exercises .etc. Realistically, you won't be able to participate in the competition as a writer. But perhaps if we have a tie in certain rounds we could have these few unbiased people delivering the final judgment. I'm not too sure about this, though. Anyone interested in helping design themes, ideas, rounds .etc then send me a private message. Thirdly, anyone can comment with any ideas here. I won't be taking part this time, waaaaaaah. But I'll be trying to direct things when I'm around and about. Also, if you're not a writer, then you can take part anyway and give it a shot. I'd rather have the focus of good writing on ideas and delivery, so you never know what you might come up with.
The Spectacular Professor Posted February 24, 2011 Posted February 24, 2011 [font="Comic Sans MS"]I'm up to help judge. Apparently James thinks I know something about writing or something, so I might as well live up to that.[/font]
Ducky Posted February 27, 2011 Posted February 27, 2011 [font="Palatino Linotype"][size="3"]I'd be willing to give it a go! [/size][/font]
Vicky Posted February 28, 2011 Author Posted February 28, 2011 Excellent! So we technically have a final round, for definite.... C'mon OtakuBoards, break the biro's out!
Linkukun Posted March 1, 2011 Posted March 1, 2011 Eh, Mr. Professor talked me into it. I guess I'm in. Don't be expecting anything spectacular from me though.
OMNOMNOMALY Posted March 1, 2011 Posted March 1, 2011 [font="Garamond"]I'm in because I must defend my title![/font]
Pioneer Posted March 1, 2011 Posted March 1, 2011 (edited) i will not torture anyone by having them read anyhting I write. I can however give my opinion about it and be a spectator Edited March 1, 2011 by Pioneer
Vicky Posted March 1, 2011 Author Posted March 1, 2011 [quote name='Effing Anomaly' timestamp='1298953635' post='705380'] [font="Garamond"]I'm in because I must defend my title![/font] [/quote] You can defend your title in a one on one against me instead! :P. Okay, so let's get a little list: [B]Competitors[/B] Effing Anomaly Stephenie (yeah you're participating lovey heh) Linkukun Boo Ducky [B]Judges/Helper-Outers[/b] Pioneer The Professor Hopefully I haven't missed anyone. I'm hoping to see a few more writers and maybe one more person on the panel to help with the running of the show, so spread the word. Someone get Allamorph here, too. He can provide the lemonade. If Pioneer and Professor are definitely up for helping with the themes and rounds, I'll be sending a message shortly to start getting that aspect rounded out. I'd rather wait until we have a few more writers, though!
Claire Posted March 4, 2011 Posted March 4, 2011 I'm interested in participating but I'm not sure if I can commit with more than 80% enthusiasm. Sometimes writing is the hardest thing ever for me. But I do want to do it.
Darth Vectis Posted March 18, 2011 Posted March 18, 2011 I'll take up judge/ helper work, i'm pretty sure I can be judgmental and helpful :D
Ellerby Posted March 19, 2011 Posted March 19, 2011 [font="Tahoma"][color="#696969"]I'll participate... I was told there would be ponies?[/color][/font]
The Spectacular Professor Posted March 19, 2011 Posted March 19, 2011 (edited) [quote name='White' timestamp='1300560325' post='705799'] [font="Tahoma"][color="#696969"]I'll participate... I was told there would be ponies?[/color][/font] [/quote] [font="Comic Sans MS"]There might be ponies, pending a request I'll have to make for them. In the meantime, [b]Vicky[/b], show yourself within a week or I'm hijacking this entire project. Participant Update: [b]Competitors[/b] Whatever Alexa is currently going by Stephenie (yeah you're participating lovey heh) Linkukun Boo Ducky White Sheik (perhaps) [b]Judges/Helper-Outers[/b] Vicky (?) Pioneer The Professor Dassem Ultor Regardless of whether there will indeed be ponies, anyone who still wants in should speak up soon. It would make the ponies very happy.[/font] Edited March 20, 2011 by The Professor
Ducky Posted March 20, 2011 Posted March 20, 2011 [quote name='The Professor' timestamp='1300571312' post='705804'] [font="Comic Sans MS"]There might be ponies, pending a request I'll have to make for them. In the meantime, [b]Vicky[/b], show yourself within a week or I'm hijacking this entire project. [/font] [/quote] I will probably drop out if I have to write about ponies.
The Spectacular Professor Posted March 20, 2011 Posted March 20, 2011 (edited) [font="Comic Sans MS"]Ponies will not be a writing category. In fact, there probably won't be any ponies. However, participation in this competition would certainly please any theoretical ponies were they indeed involved.[/font] Edited March 20, 2011 by The Professor
Skye Posted March 20, 2011 Posted March 20, 2011 [quote name='Vicky' timestamp='1299008566' post='705403'] Stephenie (yeah you're participating lovey heh) [/quote] I figured you'd say as much. ;) I would be pleased to reinstate myself as more than the randomly disappearing Otaku. [quote name='The Professor' timestamp='1300598330' post='705809'] [font="Comic Sans MS"]Ponies will not be a writing category. In fact, there probably won't be any ponies. However, participation in this competition would certainly please any theoretical ponies were they indeed involved.[/font] [/quote] No ponies? What about horses? Or goats? Maybe even Goats? How would this work, anyway?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now