OtakuBoards

Blue Exorcist

Gavin

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][center][img]http://img7.anidb.net/pics/anime/61027.jpg[/img][/center]

[quote][size="2"][font="Arial"][indent][i]This world consists of two dimensions joined as one, like a mirror. The first is the world in which the humans live, Assiah. The other is the world of demons, Gehenna. Ordinarily, travel between the two, and indeed any kind of contact between the two, is impossible. However the demons can pass over into this world by possessing anything that exist within it.

Satan is the god of demons; but there's one thing that he doesn't have, and that's a substance in the human world that is powerful enough to contain him!! For that purpose he created Rin, his son from a human woman, but will his son agree to his plans? Or will he become something else...? An exorcist?[/indent][/i][/font][/size][/quote]

So the first episode of Blue Exorcist aired at the weekend and very quickly became part of my "stuff I need to watch" list now that Star Driver has ended and my Sundays are anime free. Quite impressed overall by the pilot, good mix of humour and action while maintaining a kind of serious edge and I'm loving the VA choices. I enjoy occult/religious type series, though I haven't read the manga yet, I'm trying to avoid spoiling things on myself because I think this is probably one of those series which is better adapted as an anime if there's a lot of action.

Anyone else watching it ? gg seem dicey on whether or not they'll keep subbing it, hopefully they will as I've not heard much about Kata-Subs and they've no track-record yet from which to judge them.[/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]I watched the first episode and I enjoyed it for the most part, though I was a little wary of all the promotion that the series was getting during the winter season (lots of promotion always makes me a bit wary, though they did the same thing with Madoka and I ended up loving it). There were some things that I wanted explained a little more about how the whole half-demon thing works, but I suspect that there will be a more in-depth explanation in later episodes.

I accidentally spoiled myself a little when I added it to my watchlist on TV Tropes, but I don't think it's anything too drastic. I'll probably keep watching.
[/color][/font]

I wasn't a fan of the first episode, but a lot of people had positive things to say about the second episode, so I decided to check it out. It's WAY better than the opener and has me wanting to watch the show now. Especially loved the action, good stuff.

EDIT: Also, DAT SAX in the OP Edited by Shinmaru

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Second episode was definitely an improvement on the first (and it's looking like the third should be pretty interesting too), I think I'm going to have to start reading the manga because waiting a week between each episode is pretty torturous.

Dat Sax was also pretty cool, but not quite to the level of Epic Sax.[/size][/font]