OtakuBoards

55 Fiction IV

Gavin

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Sequelitis? Maybe a touch, but I figured it's been nearly two years since the last version of OB's fun-sized fiction fest and it couldn't hurt to bring it back again. Firstly though let's get those pesky rules out of the way first.

[indent][quote][font="Arial"][size="2"][B]The Challenge: [/B]Write a story in 55 words or less. Well, "or fewer," to be grammatically correct, but you knew what I meant. And ideally, it would be 55 words exactly, and we wouldn't have to worry about any of this indefinite plural stuff.

[B]The Rules: [/B]The name of the game is "55 Fiction." That means:

1.) You're writing a story. It should include:
[list][*]Setting
[*]Characters
[*]Conflict
[*]Resolution
[/list]
2.) You are not writing poetry, idle thoughts, or anything else that does not fit the above requirements.

Your story should be 55 words long. Hyphenated words do not count as one word ("red-orange" would be two words, not one.) Contractions do count as one. ("it is" would be two words; "it's" would be one.)

The title of your story does not count towards your word limit; however, it should be no more than seven words.

You can write horror, drama, mystery, spoof, romance, adventure, science fiction, fantasy, kids' stuff, whatever you'd like. The setting does not have to be original, but shouldn't be blatantly fan-fiction either.

If you've got questions, feel free to ask.[/size][/font][/quote][/indent]

[center][b][url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eab7kgg8I3I]Ventiquatro: The Legend of Juan Bauer[/url][/b]

It was a haunting melody the stranger played,
his fingers gliding over and between the strings with the deftness of a master [i]guitarrista[/i].
He did not speak as he moved towards me, as the tune became a dirge.
With the last note he struck the side of his instrument;
lightning flashed, thunder roared.
[i]Hasta luego[/i].[/center][/size][/font]

[size="4"][b][center][u]Gavin-san[/u][/center][/b][/size]
[center]
[font="Tahoma"]Irish in heart, Irish by name.
He came on the podcast and his nerdiness shone through.
Despite his rickrolling phone, he was a quick study.
Although he wasn't Boo, his voice sounded the same to Anomaly.
He took offense to that and cursed her country.
For he is Gavin-san, fear his accent.[/font][/center] Edited by NotBoo

• 2 weeks later...
[left][font="Times New Roman"][size="3"]Neat. :)[/size][/font][/left][center]
[/center][center][u][b][font="'Times New Roman"]Fortune from Misfortune[/font][/b][/u][/center][center][font="'Times New Roman"]The sloth gracefully hung down from a branch,[/font][/center][center][font="'Times New Roman"]staring down an enticing leaf.[/font][/center][center][font="'Times New Roman"]He strained to reach for it, but his claw fell just short.[/font][/center][center][font="'Times New Roman"]His weight was too much and his support broke.[/font][/center][center][font="'Times New Roman"]The sloth fell to the ground, landing with a thud.[/font][/center][center][font="'Times New Roman"]And the leaf he had reached for, fell upon his head[/font].[/center][center]
[/center]