OtakuBoards

Minecraft?

Lady Asphyxia

I know I haven't been on the forums for a long time, but I figured I'd check in here to see if anyone else is playing this timesuck of a game? I am absolutely addicted to it. I started off on singleplayer and then moved to an SMP server we've got with some friends, and now I can't go back! Singleplayer just seems so damn boring now. Plus the whole co-op building and living thing is wonderful. And the mods! Oh, the mods.

So here is my little questionnaire for minecraft:
[b]Single or Multiplayer? [/b]
[b]What's the favourite structure you've built? (Pictures if you have them!) [/b]
[b]What's your best minecraft story? [/b]
[b]If you're on a server, which one, and what mods do they have? (Not that I'm constantly on the lookout for cool mods or anything...)[/b]
[b]Do you use a texture pack, and if so, which?[/b]
[b]What is your favourite mob?[/b]
[b]Do you have enough diamonds? :p[/b]

Me:

Multi. As I've already stated. To put it in crass terms, going back to single player is like going back to masturbation after having sex. I'll do it if I feel like it, but I'll always take the option to do multiplayer over single.

[b]What's the favourite structure you've built? (Pictures if you have them!) [/b]
I have no pictures (angry face) because we had to overwrite the server, but I made a giant snow castle with a snowflake pattern built into the walls. It was made out of glass and snow, and it looked awesome!
[b]
[/b]
[b]What's your best minecraft story? [/b]
Uhm...I spawned a zombie pigman out of a zombie. [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smirk.gif[/img] We have a mod on our server where if you've donated then you enter the game on a thunderbolt. I went to bed to skip night, but for some reason a zombie spawned in my well-lit room. It was attacking me and killed me a couple of times, so I teleported back to my house. There's a glitch where, if you teleport you can't see mobs sometimes, so I logged out of the game and then back in, but because the zombie had been attacking me, he was standing exactly where I was, got hit by lightning, and turned into a pigman!

Then he glitched so neither of us could hurt each other. So I kept him until he despawned. He was called Mr. Grunty Shambles, and I luffed him.
[b]
[/b]
[b]If you're on a server, which one, and what mods do they have? (Not that I'm constantly on the lookout for cool mods or anything...*shifty*)[/b]
I'm on the boh server at boh.lambent.net.au, which you're welcome to check out if you guys want... I kind of love it because we have such cool stuff built on it. And we have mods installed so you can be a builder or a survivalist. Builders get kits so they can create amazing structures, while survivalists have skills and can level up. Then we have some crazy mods, especially if you're a VIP (for donation) -- you have a portal stick and you can use it like it's from Portal, which is SO COOL. And a flying mod, and a hat mod and...yeah. I just sort of love it.

[b]Do you use a texture pack, and if so, which?[/b]
I don't! I kind of love the way the original looks, to be honest. And fancy graphics are just [i]fancy. [/i]
[b]
[/b]
[b]What is your favourite mob?[/b]
Pink sheep. I tried to keep one called Mr. Fluffikins, but he despawned. :<
[b]
[/b]
[b]Do you have enough diamonds? :p[/b]
Never enough!
[b]
[/b]
[b]
[/b]

[b]
Single

What's the favourite structure you've built? (Pictures if you have them!) [/b]
[b]
Tower in the middle of the sea that reach towards the sky

What's your best minecraft story? [/b]
[b]
Just the other day I managed to bury myself in the middle of the sea, deep down and sorrounded by sand, died Dx

If you're on a server, which one, and what mods do they have? (Not that I'm constantly on the lookout for cool mods or anything...)[/b]
[b]
Do you use a texture pack, and if so, which?[/b]
[b]
Too hard to install

What is your favourite mob?[/b]
[b]
I play on peacful :3

Do you have enough diamonds? :p

I've never even had one!
[/b]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]I play Minecraft quite a bit, but so far I've only really played much of Minecraft Classic. I do have a save file for the full game - and I've played quite a bit of that too - but I've been building a city in Minecraft Classic and it's now quite large.

I have yet to play online although I'd really love to. I tried entering one or two servers, but I couldn't get onto them for some reason. What I'd really like is to play Minecraft Classic on multiplayer and build a huge city with other players.

When I next play Classic, I'll have to take some screenshots of the city I'm working on...[/font]

[quote name='James' timestamp='1305675970' post='707424']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]I play Minecraft quite a bit, but so far I've only really played much of Minecraft Classic. I do have a save file for the full game - and I've played quite a bit of that too - but I've been building a city in Minecraft Classic and it's now quite large.

I have yet to play online although I'd really love to. I tried entering one or two servers, but I couldn't get onto them for some reason. What I'd really like is to play Minecraft Classic on multiplayer and build a huge city with other players.

When I next play Classic, I'll have to take some screenshots of the city I'm working on...[/font]
[/quote]

Oh, please do! I love seeing what other people have done, for me that's half the fun of the server. I love being able to see the cities and buildings everyone has made. And I love how creative everyone gets! People went through a big portal phase when Portal 2 came out, so we've got mazes and obstacle courses and even a co-op maze dungeon.

And we've just installed a fight mod with a hand built arena, which is so much fun as well. We're encouraging everyone to build their own arena so we can have fights in different areas every Wednesday. And you can choose to fight bare handed, with an axe or be an archer...it's kind of awesome.

For stuff I've made, my current favourite is this cute little cottage I made. It's even got a fireplace! Burnt the house down three times before I realised I had to contain the fire completely because fire works in strange ways...luckily we have rollback on the server so it wasn't a complete disaster. =]

[attachment=15149:Screen shot 2011-05-07 at 1.47.04 PM.png]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Ah that sounds awesome - very clever ideas. :) Is there a certain server you'd recommend? Any that I've seen so far have required forum registrations and stuff like that. I'm not very familiar with the multiplayer aspect.

Also at the moment I do spend most of my time in Minecraft Classic. I wonder how hard it would be to set up an OB/theOtaku server for this. Hrm.

And I am loving the cottage. :) Looks really awesome. It's amazing how, as time goes by, you can do more with less - the lack of block types (especially in classic) necessitates really creative solutions so that you can build a city with lots of variety.[/font]

Single, cause there was too many bugs on Multiplayer. Both were really fun though.
[b]What's the[s] favourite[/s] Favorite structure you've built? [/b]Back when this was still in Indev I made a giant floating glass pyramid, which pretty much hovered over the entire world. you had to swim out to see the sides. This was back before the worlds were infinite, so I had to dig up literally every block of sand in the world to make it. This was a while ago, but I still love telling people who have never played minecraft about it. It was a long time Ago so I can't dig up a screen shot, but I do have one of my ocean pyramid... I put torches on the water, and lava and torches inside of the Pyramid itself so you can see it at nighttime [attachment=15150:mypyramid..jpg]

I also decided to add my castle in just cause I like it.... but it isn't quite finished yet.
[attachment=15151:MYCASTLE.jpg]
[b]What's your best minecraft story? [/b]When I first started, in order to survive the night I would make a fort, usually right at the spawn point. I would make the roof glass and have multiple entrances and exits blocked off by dirt so the mobs couldn't get in. I also has a small fence to minimize creeper damage. While I mine at night, I check to see when it it is finally day time by looking at the glass roof. of course, one morning there were FOUR spiders crawling on my roof, and they just wouldn't go away. so of course I armored up, pulled out a diamond sword and went into battle for my freedom. It took all of my armor and five or six cooked ham pieces but I killed all four spiders.
[b]If you're on a server, which one, and what mods do they have? (Not that I'm constantly on the lookout for cool mods or anything...)[/b]
I don't have many servers I frequent, and my favorite one got taken down. Basicly it was a grievers server, where you were given lava, fire, TNT, and water blocks and were sent into the world to cause as much chaos as possible. This world was destroyed. the area around the spawn like most servers was invincible, but people used that to make trees with eternally burning leaves. After you left the invincible area the world dropped thousands of feet, thanks to tnt there is no material for miles, and all the walls take forever to get up because it is drenched in water or lava.
While playing this server I developed a way to easily mix Lava and Water to create a wall of indestructible obsidian which I took about three hours to place around the spawn. the next day the server was gone... but it was soooo much fun while it lasted.
[b]Do you use a texture pack, and if so, which?[/b] I just use the default, but I did make my own skin.
[b]What is your [s]favourite[/s] Favorite [b]([/b][/b]You British people and your extra 'u's everywhere! d: [b][b])[/b]mob?[/b] I personally like the Spiders the best, because they are not impossible to kill, but they are sometimes impossible to avoid.
[b]Do you have enough diamonds? :p[/b] I have more diamonds right now than I have use for, not that I would mind finding more... they are diamonds after all.
What I really need more of is wool... I have taken a liking to coloring wool and using it for carpet, but I have hunted hundreds of sheep and it still isn't nearly enough.

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1305895141' post='707496']
You British people and your extra 'u's everywhere! d:
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]Actually, what you mean is "You [i]entire English-speaking world with the exception of the USA[/i]". That couldn't go by without correction. ;)

Anyway, nice castle (and nice pryamid too). How long did it take you to build the castle? It takes me forever to build anything in the regular Minecraft, mainly because I don't like using the basic raw materials (I'm building a castle/fortress at the moment out of, um... is it polished stone? I forget, it's been a while since I played the regular version).[/font]

[quote name='James' timestamp='1305899746' post='707497']
[font="palatino linotype"]Actually, what you mean is "You [i]entire English-speaking world with the exception of the USA[/i]". That couldn't go by without correction. ;)[/font]
[/quote]
Either way it still looks wrong to me!

Like I said, it still isn't finished, but it took about three hours so far for material gathering, smelting the stone, and figuring out how to construct a freaking castle, let alone a reasonably large one like that. I had eight furnaces going off at once, and used about 2,500 blocks of stone.
when I think back on it, it seems like a long time, but really I couldn't tell at the time.

James, my server is boh.lambent.net.au (just type it into the multiplayer section) and I would definitely recommend it. There's no registration required, but to be able to place blocks you have to be upgraded from default class by an admin -- if I'm online I can do it for you. If I'm not online, just tell them you're Katalimaq's friend and they'll have no problems advancing you.

That guy, the castle is amazing! It looks absolutely brilliant. I'm really awful with building....so much of what I make ends up being square....

Thanks MissA.
I Actually finished a lot more of the inside while I was on skype, so it is much closer to being done. I find that the trickiest part is figuring out how to place the blocks rather than the arrangement. The best way to make tall stuff in my opinion is to just get all the material you can hold and place the blocks under your feet. I just kept running along the edge of the thing and wound up with a castle. d:

• 2 weeks later...
Single or Multiplayer?
[color=darkred][size=1]Mainly MP on a friend's server, but I have a single player campaign for when they're down.[/color][/size]
What's the favourite structure you've built? (Pictures if you have them!)
[color=darkred][size=1]I'm in the process of a sprawling castle with no door, only accessible by a gigantic, hidden ladder or a difficult to navigate waterfall[/color][/size]
What's your best minecraft story?
[color=darkred][size=1]Don't have one yet! :X[/color][/size]
If you're on a server, which one, and what mods do they have? (Not that I'm constantly on the lookout for cool mods or anything...)
[color=darkred][size=1]Friend of mine's server. We run Runecraft, but I've not toyed with it any yet.[/color][/size]
Do you use a texture pack, and if so, which?
[color=darkred][size=1]Don't think so...[/color][/size]
What is your favourite mob?
[color=darkred][size=1]The ones that are on the other side of the map![/color][/size]
Do you have enough diamonds? :p
[color=darkred][size=1]I haven't even found any yet, I'm still pretty new at this....[/color][/size] Edited by JCBaggee