OtakuBoards

L.A. Noire

Magus

[center][img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/919BqzsyPDL._AA1500_.jpg[/img][/center]

[quote]
Amazon.com Product Description
L.A. Noire is a gritty, single player detective game set on the infamous streets and in the smoke-filled back rooms of post-war Los Angeles. Designed and developed with a nod to the classic film noire movie genre, L.A. Noire blends crystal clear graphics that bring the iconic look and feel of the era to life, with a combination of innovative technology and unique gameplay that allow you to solve crimes through interrogations and investigation. Additional features include: five LAPD based crime desks to work, the ability to analyze the case as well as suspects for clues, an accurate block-by-block recreation of eight sq miles of 1947 Los Angeles, multiple difficulty settings and more.

Synopsis
Amid the postwar boom of Hollywood's Golden Age, newly minted detective Cole Phelps is thrown headfirst into a city drowning in violence and corruption. Utilizing groundbreaking new technology that captures an actor's facial performance in astonishing detail, L.A. Noire is a violent crime thriller that blends breathtaking action with true detective work to deliver an unprecedented interactive experience. Interrogate witnesses, search for clues and chase down suspects as you struggle to find the truth in a city where everyone has something to hide.

Against an overarching plot of violence and betrayal, L.A. Noire challenges players to solve a series of self-contained cases as they work their way through the ranks of the LAPD. Each case features a distinct storyline with a beginning, middle and end, and each successfully solved case brings new challenges and leads Cole closer to the true story at the dark heart of the Los Angeles criminal underworld.

Key Game Features
-Solve a variety of cases across the crime desks of: Patrol, Traffic, Homicide, Vice and Arson
-Search crime scenes for clues, question witnesses and interrogate suspects as you search for the truth in each case
-Use your wits to analyze suspect's behavior and separate the truth from the lies
-Experience a stunningly accurate block-by-block recreation of 8 sq miles of 1947 Los Angeles
-Rise up through the ranks of the LAPD from a beat cop to other positions as LAPD detective Cole Phelps
-Solve brutal crimes, plots and conspiracies inspired by famous crimes from 1947 Los Angeles, one of the most corrupt and violent times in the City of Angels' history
-Multiple difficulty settings give players of all abilities the chance to step into the shoes of a detective in postwar L.A.
[/quote]

Gotta say I've never been interested in any of Rockstar's games (although I've taken a sudden interest in Red Dead Redemption) which is why I usually stay away from. Here with L.A. Noire, though, I find myself very curious and interested in the game. I'm actually surprised a topic hasn't been made already. Anybody else anticipating this game?

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I've been debating picking it up when it comes out, RDR was definitely a solid game and the storyline to this one looks pretty good as well. Lack of a multiplayer seems to both some people but RDR's wasn't exactly anything to shout about so meh, doesn't really bother me.[/size][/font]

[b]L.A. Noire[/b] is what initially had me interested in picking up an Xbox 360, so I am definitely going to get this, although I don't know if it will be right away since I have so much other crap to play lol. But, yeah, living out a film noir seems like my idea of a great time. So down for this.

• 2 weeks later...
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]So I've just got on to disc 2 and I don't think I'm ever going to get used to the interrogation system. I'll have 90 or 100% of the case worked out based on the evidence already but apparently Cole Phelps is a far dumber man than I am and needs to go through individual questions while providing people with individual bits of evidence as to prove they're lying or just guilty. The fact that you can't re-question people unless you're specifically referring to new topics or just get an initial statement off them which you can later pick apart based on the evidence is a source of constant irritation. The cases themselves are pretty interesting, just started my second Homicide one but I just can't seem to warm to this one. RDR felt a much better game by comparison.[/size][/font]