OtakuBoards

evolwhotion

Kittie

well i was thinking...which is not normal for me...and i was wondering about evolution!

there were the neanderthals and cro-magnums (sp) and then they died! well i mean to say, they eventually evolved into what we are today!

do you think that that could someday happen to us?
are humans evolving into something else?

:wave:

Well, I believe that it's possible. With each passing generation humans become bigger, stronger, faster and more intelligent. Air pollution has to figure into the formula as well. As the ozone layer depletes, people adapt to different climates and environments. If people do evolve it will be a very slow process that will take millions, if not billions of years.

Everything living evolves... thats been prooven scientifically... it depends on what evolves, when it evolves, and how long it takes... for humans... we have evolved from slump back hairy orgres to what we are today.... our brains have evolved, our physical features have evolved... it depends on the environment around you and how your body reacts to it is what causes evolvation in living beings... same goes for plants, animals, etc...

I was watching an x-files episode once... and there was this seemingly "invisible" man or men who attacked some people... when they investigated more into it Mulder thought of this: Possibly this was Ponce de Leon (or one of his men), who was in search of the fountain of youth many years back, and had actually found it and therefor became immortal. Well he had been living in the forest all this time.. for hundreds and hundreds of years.... eventually he evolved to fit in his environment... like a gecko would.... he then became one with his habitat, which was this forest... he blended in completely with the leaves, and essentially he became invisible when seen in the forest except slight movements and his eyes... kinda like predator from the movies...

Anyway, all people will eventually evolve... it will a suddle and slow moving evolvation, but it will happen. If we notice it or not is a different story....

yes,all living things evolve at some point,once the species die off,they evolve!Well,actually,not always cause sumtimes humans kill them off and they can't,that thought depresses me*sigh* what cool creatures we could have if we didn't have to kill them all.....:bawl:

Well, we've never really stopped evolving; we still are. I mean, the human race in general is taller than we were about a hundred or so years ago. Evolution is such a slow process we can't possibly notice it.

Did anyone know that we DIDN'T evolve from Neanderthals? I was reading this article from somewhere that said Neanderthals were stronger, much stronger, taller, and heavier. But there was something wrong with their legs or something, so they didn't travel and expand, so they died out.

It's funny to think there were several different [B]species[/B] of human waaaaaaaaaaaay back when...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by stardust [/i]
[B]yes,all living things evolve at some point,once the species die off,they evolve!Well,actually,not always cause sumtimes humans kill them off and they can't,that thought depresses me*sigh* what cool creatures we could have if we didn't have to kill them all.....:bawl: [/B][/QUOTE]

yea I agree with that. Why are humans aways killing off other species of animals? okay a few people try to breed rare species to get the population up again, but it rarely works...and there are always more animals being killed off that no one's helping :( :bawl:

Okay.....Here are some theories...

1.We will evolve and/or adapt to what our planet becomes, wheteher it be in a few million years, or a few billion years...We will adapt, and survive...But by then, humans will be something out of a textbook....We will be a different species altogether...

2.Okay, if we don't adapt, then other things will. They will wipe us out, and become the dominant species of the planet. Now dosen't that cheer you up?

[color=indigo] Well I think we are eveoving as a planet, or at least as certian nations. Technology has eveolved do to the advances in our own mental capacity. People in general have gotten taller on average then they used to be, actually I can think of tons of examples, but I am not going to be tedious and write them all down.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kittie [/i]
[B]well i was thinking...which is not normal for me...and i was wondering about evolution!

there were the neanderthals and cro-magnums (sp) and then they died! well i mean to say, they eventually evolved into what we are today!

:wave: [/B][/QUOTE]

i didn't have time to read the other responses so i might repeat what someone else already said:

well, naturally. did you think the evolutionary process would just come to a hault? humans are more advanced than they've ever been, & are still growing at a phenomenol rate. the next step: the fourth dimension.

I think we could be evolving into something else. But I also think that something will happen that will destroy all the human race, in which will stop our evolution..... Sooo, it's possible, but something could happen to make it sorta impossible..... :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Majora's Mask [/i]
[B]Okay.....Here are some theories...

2.Okay, if we don't adapt, then other things will. They will wipe us out, and become the dominant species of the planet. Now dosen't that cheer you up? [/B][/QUOTE]

i'm hoping that happens! i can't wait for the dai when the animals rise up and take over!

they're punish all the humans for the wrong they have been doing to them for so long!

i onli hope they spare me...and other animals Lovers!! :wigout:

and um...since it is a proven fact that we will evolve and still are at this moment...do you think that in about 50+ years for now that we will be improved? or incapacitated? perhaps we'll be mutated....

:wave:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kittie [/i]
[B]well i was thinking...which is not normal for me...and i was wondering about evolution!

:wave: [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes... but not for a long time... thousands/millions of years or so, before we can look back and see any significant difference. Though it's hard to tell... at the moment technology is evolving billions of times faster than any species does... and you have to consider... will the human race last that long with new upcoming technologies, therefore more advanced weapons?