OtakuBoards

Cross Achademy

Akieen Cloud

As Takeo began to read again, he realized that he better head back to his room so he can be more comfortable. The thoughts of his mother's words were still ringing in his head as if she was walking right next to him. A cold feeling flowed through his body as he made it back to his room. He sat down on his bed and started to read more intently about his demon mother. He came across a couple of new stories that peaked his interests.

"Lady Bai was always known as a temptress. She could sway any man or demon to do her bidding. Some say she even could tempt the gods to use their powers for her good alone. She lived a very long life but never seemed to age at all. No one could notice this as she was always moving place to place and working her way into other kingdoms. Many times she was asked to be a man's queen but every time she would refuse and kill him in his sleep the next night. And before anyone would find his dead body, she would be long gone onto another place to rule. But despite all of her prowess, she found one person to be intriguing: Nobusada Oda, the grandfather of the great Nobunaga Oda. Legends tell of this man being the only man that she ever actually loved. He betrayed her trust by sleeping with other women while she was away but she found out when she caught him in the act. In a rage she cut off his head and showed it to the people of province he used to rule over. This moment was seen as the start of her journey to control every man she could and control everything."

Takeo's eyes filled with disgust when he saw that his mother was once capable of love and how far she had come now on her dark path. He wondered where he fitted in her life. Did she love him as her child?...was he her only child?...why is so obsessed with having him join her side?...these were the types of questions that rang through Takeo's mind. He opened another book and saw a chapter about Lady Bai Ranmaru and her fighting styles. Takeo figured he could get some clues as to how to beat his demon mother if he knew how she fought.

"Lady Bai was a ferious fighter with no mercy for anyone or anything for that matter. She slayed man and demon alike with her Crimson Katana. Her sword seemed to be the place where she drew a lot of her power. It gave her the ability to move faster than any normal demon or man could and could cut through almost anything. The color of the blade matched the blood of her enemies. It was so sharp, she was able to cut the wind.The more she slayed with the sword, the more powerful it got for her. At times it would get too powerful and she would get rid of her excess power in other weapons. She would then take the weapons and place them where whoever found it would be enticed by her charm and forced to do wicked things. Only the strongest willed being could overcome the charming of the weapon but still fell prey to the weapon's bloodlust and went insane. Only a few of her weapons remain: her own katana, a sickle on a chain, and a spear..."

Takeo stopped reading once he read about the spear. Almost immediately a feeling surge through his body. He felt his body being drawn closer to the spear. He initially tried to fight it but realized that it was way too strong to fight against. He finally grasp the spear in his hand and armor began to run down his arm. The armor was bright silver and began to cover his entire body. Takeo felt stronger and stronger as he embraced the power of the spear that had been give to him. The armor had completely covered him and flame began to erupt from the shoulder pads. He looked himself over to see the armor shining and a sash that wrapped around his body. He noticed his hair had gotten a lot longer and that he had a helmet on as well. Takeo looked back at the spear as it was emitting a greenish glow. He had never felt so powerful before but the power began to take control of him. He felt it clawing at his mind, wanting him to destroy something. Before it got too bad Takeo dropped the spear on the floor. The armor seemed to fade away and his hair returned to its normal length. He looked at the spear on the floor and it had stopped glowing but he still felt drawn to it in a way. He reached for it slowly this time and touched it to make sure it wouldn't bring that armor back just yet. He poked it and finally placed a hand on it. The armor didn't show up. Takeo quickly picked up the spear and wrapped it in a sheet.

"I want to learn to control this power. I could feel how strong it was and I also could feel my sanity slipping away from me as all I wanted to do was destroy something. This spear my mother had poured her power into is truly amazing, which means she has more power than this. I have to learn to embrace this power and control it rather than it controlling me like it did when I killed that demon back home. The only way to do that is to train."

Takeo grabbed the wrapped spear and headed outside to find a quiet place to train. He had no idea what he was getting himself into but knew that it had to be done.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alice looked out the window out into the rain to calm her temper.

"Alice, honey, is it really necessary to be that angry?" Rhea crossed her arms, smiling, Alice turning to look at her. "It seems you haven't spotted your little friend out there." Rhea's left hand pointed out of the window, and Alice spun her head. She smiled, seeing Takeo, like a child seeing someone they want to play with. But, Alice could see something was different... vague, phantom shadow armor surrounded him. It appeared surreal, like it didn't belong in this world.

"You know, it would so you well to find a sparring partner yourself." Rhea held out Alice's weapon, and she smiled warmly. Alice suddenly went shy once more."But... the classroom... I lost complete control. I do not want to get that excited." Alice's eyes were hidden by her bangs, her head bent low.

"I lost it, and that kind of ruthless attitude isn't something that Takeo could possibly deserve. We are all still at our weakest right now... and my darkness... I do not know if I can stop myself once I lose it."

Rhea smiled. "Don't worry, sweetie. I can keep you in line, if you like. I can be the one to calm you down, or put you down." Rhea's smile widened. "Gently as possible, of course. All attempts will be made to keep you alive."

Alice laughed."Thank you, now... Should I really go out to play with Takeo?"

"Sure, I intend to keep my solemn promise to you." Alice took her sword from Rhea, and then turned to open the window, allowing her access to the outside. Rhea only sighed happily. "We really need to get you a bikini."

"I find it strange, but I think I will not need one." Alice leaped from her window, excited to possibly play with Takeo. She looked down at the reflective blade, at her other side reflected in the blade. It was looking up at her, the same expression on its face.

Interesting.

Alice ran over to Takeo, he long aware of footprints before Alice got there. "Takeo! Can we have some fun? I think... we're closer to our demon power than the rest of the class! I can see yours! So can Rhea!"

Takeo looked on at her, wide eyed. "You can see... my other half?"

"Yes, and it fits you." Alice giggled. "A noble samurai is a wonderful opponent." Alice held up her katana, its silver glint wishing for an honorable opponent. "Can you see mine? I can see it within my sword." Takeo only stared on as Alice held her sword up to her face, her demon reflection at an angle he could see. "Yes... I can see it."

Holding up his spear, he smiled, too. I assume we have a referee?"

Alice nodded."Rhea said she would."

"And I will." Rhea appeared from behind a tree, she having been smart enough to change into her own swimsuit because of the rain.

"Ready match!"

"Alice... I think you have a distinct advantage..." Takeo smiled, pointing his spear up at the rain falling down."

"Pardon, are we not in a storm?" Alice smiled, feeling the wind randomly pick up. "I think we might find ourselves working more together against our own powers."

"Teamwork?"

"While fighting."

Rhea smiled, slashing her arm down. "Begin!" Edited by Inuyasha Fandom

"Teamwork?"

That word rang out to Takeo as he stood across form Alice with her sword shimmering in the rain. He glanced at her for a bit, sizing her up before showing her his smile.

"I hope you don't expect to go easy on you because you're a girl." Takeo spun his spear around and readied himself.

Alice smiled back at him and readied herself as well. "I wouldn't want you to...besides I don't think you can handle me so I'll hold for you okay Takeo." she said jokingly.

"You two seem to be enjoying this as much as I do when I fight. Makes me proud." Rhea said as she watched them sizing each other up.

"I couldn't help but notice that you made time to put on a bikini Rhea. You know a rain coat would have worked too." Takeo laughed as he glanced over at Rhea for a second. But in that split second he took his eyes off of Alice, she attacked him. Takeo was surprised at just how fast she was and got caught off guard. She cut his sleeve and the front of his shirt letting him know he left open spots in his stance. He stepped back in awe of her speed and precision.

"You're pretty qucik Alice. I'm surprised. But don't think you will catch me slipping again."

Takeo got back into a ready stance as he signaled Alice to come attack him. She obliged and lunged towards him with her sword in tow. The two met with a clash of weapons and begun to move at an expedient pace. The two were dodging the others weapon as they continued to fight ahrder and harder. Alice saw another opening and she closed the distance between them. She then tripped Takeo up with her sword. She then point her katana at him as she stood over him.

"You're too slow Takeo. You're never going to beat me this way."

"You're right Alice. Guess I Have to try harder to beat you."

Takeo stood up and brushed a bit of mud off of himself. He gave Alice a smirk and quickly moved to attack. This time he was moving at a faster pace then before as he got up to Alice before she could put her guard completely up. He tripped her with the base of his spear but before she could hit the ground he launched her a few feet away with a strong kick. She flew back and hit the ground kind of hard.

"I see I got you surprised as well Alice"

Alice stood up holding her side where Takeo had kicked her. "You shouldn't hit girls ya know. It's kind of rude" Alice laughed as she leaped into the air to attack Takeo again. She came down with a strong swing of her sword that Takeo blocked with his spear. The two eyes met as their weapons let out a huge ringing sound throughout the area. Takeo disengaged Alice from his his spear as he swung it mightily. The swing created a small gale of wind that knocked Alice back a few feet further than she planned.

"Oh so you want to get serious now huh Takeo. Thats fine with me"

Takeo looked back at her with a puzzled look as he didn't mean to create the gust of wind that blew her back. But it didn't matter as Alice's mind has already been made up. He readied himself for whatever Alice was going to bring at him. From the looks of it, she was going to bring everything she had, demon side included.

"I hope this doesn't too out of control. I don't think I can stop both of them," Rhea whispered to herself.

Alice began to move the rain in a way that it started to dance around her. Takeo looked on in surprise as he was eager to see what Alice was planning with her attack.

"Uh oh...I must have made her mad. I didn't think I kicked her that hard and she said to bring my all. What have I gotten myself into?"