OtakuBoards

Lies

Undying Angel

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by stardust [/i]
[B]I actually don't like 2 lie,but sumtimes it's nessesscary [/B][/QUOTE]

Thats a funny thing to say, because the more u lie about something to protect someone else, when that person finds out, it will be alot more painful to them then if it was if u told them in the first place. I don't lie at all, i just like joking around.

If this was an ideal world then no one would ever lie...but it's not, and I don't really believe there is anyway way we could successfully make it so.

I don't lie that often. We'll not what I'd call a lie. Sometimes I keep things from people..but only if their personal to me and don't involve anyone else. Like when I've been obviously down all day and I go to ask Jay something related to why I'm down..then mid sentence I just stop because I don't think it would be a good idea to carry on. He always begs me to tell him and sometimes I have to sort of make something up that's not what I was thinking, but a apssable truth. He rarely believes me but he leaves me alone then until I forget about it or tell him properly.

Huge lies...well not HUGE one's but ones that are completely not true I usually only tell to my mum to keep me or a friend out fo trouble..for instance when I'm very late home.

Sometimes, it's okay to lie...But not if your in court......Then it'd bad. You have to swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God....I've been there a few times...Also, theres.....Freeze! You have the right to reamian silent! Anything you say or do, can and will be used againts you in a court of law. You will have a attourny present. If you cannot afford one, one will be provided to you...etc. My point is, lie when you only necessaryily have to.

[color=indigo]Well its odd. I guess I lie on quite a regular basis, or at least when I feel the need to. I don't lie at all why I chatting on the computer though. I guess I find it my last escape from the tedium that the real world presents. In Social situations in the real world sometimes it is almost necassary to lie (I should say it is instead of almost because while a person can go through life without lying it would be hard to do it without telling half-truths).

However, I find lying on the internet disgusting...because no one forces you to talk on the internet. If you don't want to awnser the truth on the net stop typing...there are no consequences. Well that is the end of my rant...[/color]

However, I find lying on the internet disgusting...because no one forces you to talk on the internet. If you don't want to awnser the truth on the net stop typing...there are no consequences. Well that is the end of my rant...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Very true..I find the forum a great way to escape from the real world too...and well there is really no reason to lie about anything here.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Undying Angel [/i]
[B]How many times do you lie to people in a day? Are you always honest? When do you think it's alright to?

I don't usually try to lie... I try to be honest at most times. But sometimes I can decieve people with a reason. [/B][/QUOTE]
I guess I lie to people 0-1 times a day. I'll usually "lie" by omission. If they don't ask, I don't need to tell them. I think lying is alright if you're smart enough not to get caught. But not in life or death situations..I mean menial stuff. I don't tell white lies. If I think you're wearing an ugly dress and you ask me what I think of it, I'll say I don't like it. What do you care if I like it or not anyway? All that matters is that you like it. People usually think Im lying because they can't interpret sarcasm.

[FONT=century gothic]I [i]can't[/i] lie. It's awful. Especially when I was little, and always getting into trouble. My parents would just have to look at me.

"Sara, did you break that lamp?"

And I'd turned scarlet and whisper [size=1]"No?[/size]"

Of course, they knew I'd done it. I can't lie. I'll stutter, or blush, or my voice will go really high. It would be funny, if it didn't mean i was getting into trouble again.

It got worse when i entered school. How is any kid supposed to survive school without being able to lie? "Did you do your homework?" [size=1]Yes. I did? [/size]

"Why didn't you do your homework?" [size=1]"I...I...uh...that is...uh...my d-dad...no!...My m-m-mom--she--"[/size]

I bet you all believed that, didn't ya?[/FONT]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ben [/i]
[B]

Not a word of it. :rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Gah.... You don't count. :p With all do respect, Ben....[size=1]ah, forget it...[/size]

Gah, you finally show up again, and all your posts are positively [i]infuriating[/i] me!

You remind me too much of myself; stop it at once![/FONT]

Hmm..... Welll I've lied a fair bit one day, and then the next day I don't lie at all..... It depends on the mood I'm in for when I lie..... But yeah, I've lied alot..... And now I've realised that sometimes lieing isn't the best way to go..... :rolleyes:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]

Thats a funny thing to say, because the more u lie about something to protect someone else, when that person finds out, it will be alot more painful to them then if it was if u told them in the first place. I don't lie at all, i just like joking around. [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah and its hard to lie if they're saying tell me the 100% truth, you're not lieing right?, you sure?, etc...

I like to joke aroud too... actually I like to be sarcastic...