Undying Angel Posted January 19, 2002 Posted January 19, 2002 How many times do you lie to people in a day? Are you always honest? When do you think it's alright to? I don't usually try to lie... I try to be honest at most times. But sometimes I can decieve people with a reason.
stardust Posted January 19, 2002 Posted January 19, 2002 I actually don't like 2 lie,but sumtimes it's nessesscary
Soccer 4 Life Posted January 19, 2002 Posted January 19, 2002 I don't personally Lie........ but as stardust said sometimes its necessary to lie..... if you don't wanna hurt people's feelings... :therock: :mrt: Peace!!!:demon: :smirk:
Guest Akito Posted January 19, 2002 Posted January 19, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by stardust [/i] [B]I actually don't like 2 lie,but sumtimes it's nessesscary [/B][/QUOTE] Thats a funny thing to say, because the more u lie about something to protect someone else, when that person finds out, it will be alot more painful to them then if it was if u told them in the first place. I don't lie at all, i just like joking around.
Delian Posted January 19, 2002 Posted January 19, 2002 I prefer to be quite honest and truthful contrary to what my family thinks :rolleyes: ...But I expect those qualities from other people. Although, used to lie when I was a little kid....anything to get out of trouble...hehe
(<AA>) Posted January 19, 2002 Posted January 19, 2002 I'm a compulsive lier:( I hate to tell the truth...its always so problem causing...sorry I'm bad role model...wait I'm a newbie...no one looks up to me...<< velvet paws Posted January 19, 2002 Posted January 19, 2002 If this was an ideal world then no one would ever lie...but it's not, and I don't really believe there is anyway way we could successfully make it so. I don't lie that often. We'll not what I'd call a lie. Sometimes I keep things from people..but only if their personal to me and don't involve anyone else. Like when I've been obviously down all day and I go to ask Jay something related to why I'm down..then mid sentence I just stop because I don't think it would be a good idea to carry on. He always begs me to tell him and sometimes I have to sort of make something up that's not what I was thinking, but a apssable truth. He rarely believes me but he leaves me alone then until I forget about it or tell him properly. Huge lies...well not HUGE one's but ones that are completely not true I usually only tell to my mum to keep me or a friend out fo trouble..for instance when I'm very late home. Cibo Posted January 19, 2002 Posted January 19, 2002 Heh, I lie all the time. But if its people that I like, I try to tell the truth most of the time. If it's my boss or someone I don't really care for, then out comes the lies. conpiracymonki Posted January 19, 2002 Posted January 19, 2002 [b]I never lie to keep myself out of trouble. I only tell half the story, or just stand there, all quiet. But I always lie for my friends. And as for my little brother, I always lie to him... 'Mum, was I really bought off the black market?' That sort of thing.[/b] 9mm Avenger Posted January 19, 2002 Posted January 19, 2002 Sometimes, it's okay to lie...But not if your in court......Then it'd bad. You have to swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God....I've been there a few times...Also, theres.....Freeze! You have the right to reamian silent! Anything you say or do, can and will be used againts you in a court of law. You will have a attourny present. If you cannot afford one, one will be provided to you...etc. My point is, lie when you only necessaryily have to. Heaven's Cloud Posted January 19, 2002 Posted January 19, 2002 [color=indigo]Well its odd. I guess I lie on quite a regular basis, or at least when I feel the need to. I don't lie at all why I chatting on the computer though. I guess I find it my last escape from the tedium that the real world presents. In Social situations in the real world sometimes it is almost necassary to lie (I should say it is instead of almost because while a person can go through life without lying it would be hard to do it without telling half-truths). However, I find lying on the internet disgusting...because no one forces you to talk on the internet. If you don't want to awnser the truth on the net stop typing...there are no consequences. Well that is the end of my rant...[/color] Delian Posted January 19, 2002 Posted January 19, 2002 However, I find lying on the internet disgusting...because no one forces you to talk on the internet. If you don't want to awnser the truth on the net stop typing...there are no consequences. Well that is the end of my rant...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] Very true..I find the forum a great way to escape from the real world too...and well there is really no reason to lie about anything here. Charles Posted January 20, 2002 Posted January 20, 2002 Usually lying just leads to more lies. No one's perfect and everyone will find themselves lying once and a while. Most of the time I prefer to be honest. Vegitto4 Posted January 20, 2002 Posted January 20, 2002 I lie to my parents alot, but thats about it. Harry Posted January 20, 2002 Posted January 20, 2002 i dont' remember the last time i told the truth to my parents. and i have no qualms about lying. the less someone knows is usually better KyJaUn~FuLlEr Posted January 20, 2002 Posted January 20, 2002 I try to be honest but sometimes i just have to lie i can't help my self it's fun to lie sometimes to me of course :D !!! Wait did just lie to u guys who know Mwahahahah Mwahahahah Mwwwaaaaa cough cough ok enough laughing!!! Navi Posted January 20, 2002 Posted January 20, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Undying Angel [/i] [B]How many times do you lie to people in a day? Are you always honest? When do you think it's alright to? I don't usually try to lie... I try to be honest at most times. But sometimes I can decieve people with a reason. [/B][/QUOTE] I guess I lie to people 0-1 times a day. I'll usually "lie" by omission. If they don't ask, I don't need to tell them. I think lying is alright if you're smart enough not to get caught. But not in life or death situations..I mean menial stuff. I don't tell white lies. If I think you're wearing an ugly dress and you ask me what I think of it, I'll say I don't like it. What do you care if I like it or not anyway? All that matters is that you like it. People usually think Im lying because they can't interpret sarcasm. Guest DrunkenMaster88 Posted January 20, 2002 Posted January 20, 2002 THE TRUTH HURTS, BUT IM NOT A VIOLENT PERSON Sara Posted January 20, 2002 Posted January 20, 2002 [FONT=century gothic]I [i]can't[/i] lie. It's awful. Especially when I was little, and always getting into trouble. My parents would just have to look at me. "Sara, did you break that lamp?" And I'd turned scarlet and whisper [size=1]"No?[/size]" Of course, they knew I'd done it. I can't lie. I'll stutter, or blush, or my voice will go really high. It would be funny, if it didn't mean i was getting into trouble again. It got worse when i entered school. How is any kid supposed to survive school without being able to lie? "Did you do your homework?" [size=1]Yes. I did? [/size] "Why didn't you do your homework?" [size=1]"I...I...uh...that is...uh...my d-dad...no!...My m-m-mom--she--"[/size] I bet you all believed that, didn't ya?[/FONT] Ben Posted January 20, 2002 Posted January 20, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i] [B][FONT=century gothic] I bet you all believed that, didn't ya?[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE] Not a word of it. :rolleyes: Sara Posted January 20, 2002 Posted January 20, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ben [/i] [B] Not a word of it. :rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Gah.... You don't count. :p With all do respect, Ben....[size=1]ah, forget it...[/size] Gah, you finally show up again, and all your posts are positively [i]infuriating[/i] me! You remind me too much of myself; stop it at once![/FONT] Fall Posted January 20, 2002 Posted January 20, 2002 Hmm..... Welll I've lied a fair bit one day, and then the next day I don't lie at all..... It depends on the mood I'm in for when I lie..... But yeah, I've lied alot..... And now I've realised that sometimes lieing isn't the best way to go..... :rolleyes: Delian Posted January 20, 2002 Posted January 20, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DrunkenMaster88 [/i] [B]THE TRUTH HURTS, BUT IM NOT A VIOLENT PERSON [/B][/QUOTE] Gosh... if the truth hurts, then I must be a cruel person.... But you have to be cruel to be kind:angel: Duo Maxwell Posted January 20, 2002 Posted January 20, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i] [B] Thats a funny thing to say, because the more u lie about something to protect someone else, when that person finds out, it will be alot more painful to them then if it was if u told them in the first place. I don't lie at all, i just like joking around. [/B][/QUOTE] yeah and its hard to lie if they're saying tell me the 100% truth, you're not lieing right?, you sure?, etc... I like to joke aroud too... actually I like to be sarcastic... Posthumous Posted January 20, 2002 Posted January 20, 2002 I sometimes lie to my mom.I say ''Sorry I was late my freind brought his football and I couldn't stop playing.''When I'm at Computer Club. Create an account or sign in to comment You need to be a member in order to leave a comment Create an account Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy! Register a new account Sign in Already have an account? Sign in here. Sign In Now Share https://www.otakuboards.com/topic/4512-lies/ More sharing options... Followers 0
velvet paws Posted January 19, 2002 Posted January 19, 2002 If this was an ideal world then no one would ever lie...but it's not, and I don't really believe there is anyway way we could successfully make it so. I don't lie that often. We'll not what I'd call a lie. Sometimes I keep things from people..but only if their personal to me and don't involve anyone else. Like when I've been obviously down all day and I go to ask Jay something related to why I'm down..then mid sentence I just stop because I don't think it would be a good idea to carry on. He always begs me to tell him and sometimes I have to sort of make something up that's not what I was thinking, but a apssable truth. He rarely believes me but he leaves me alone then until I forget about it or tell him properly. Huge lies...well not HUGE one's but ones that are completely not true I usually only tell to my mum to keep me or a friend out fo trouble..for instance when I'm very late home.
Cibo Posted January 19, 2002 Posted January 19, 2002 Heh, I lie all the time. But if its people that I like, I try to tell the truth most of the time. If it's my boss or someone I don't really care for, then out comes the lies.
conpiracymonki Posted January 19, 2002 Posted January 19, 2002 [b]I never lie to keep myself out of trouble. I only tell half the story, or just stand there, all quiet. But I always lie for my friends. And as for my little brother, I always lie to him... 'Mum, was I really bought off the black market?' That sort of thing.[/b]
9mm Avenger Posted January 19, 2002 Posted January 19, 2002 Sometimes, it's okay to lie...But not if your in court......Then it'd bad. You have to swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God....I've been there a few times...Also, theres.....Freeze! You have the right to reamian silent! Anything you say or do, can and will be used againts you in a court of law. You will have a attourny present. If you cannot afford one, one will be provided to you...etc. My point is, lie when you only necessaryily have to.
Heaven's Cloud Posted January 19, 2002 Posted January 19, 2002 [color=indigo]Well its odd. I guess I lie on quite a regular basis, or at least when I feel the need to. I don't lie at all why I chatting on the computer though. I guess I find it my last escape from the tedium that the real world presents. In Social situations in the real world sometimes it is almost necassary to lie (I should say it is instead of almost because while a person can go through life without lying it would be hard to do it without telling half-truths). However, I find lying on the internet disgusting...because no one forces you to talk on the internet. If you don't want to awnser the truth on the net stop typing...there are no consequences. Well that is the end of my rant...[/color]
Delian Posted January 19, 2002 Posted January 19, 2002 However, I find lying on the internet disgusting...because no one forces you to talk on the internet. If you don't want to awnser the truth on the net stop typing...there are no consequences. Well that is the end of my rant...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] Very true..I find the forum a great way to escape from the real world too...and well there is really no reason to lie about anything here.
Charles Posted January 20, 2002 Posted January 20, 2002 Usually lying just leads to more lies. No one's perfect and everyone will find themselves lying once and a while. Most of the time I prefer to be honest.
Vegitto4 Posted January 20, 2002 Posted January 20, 2002 I lie to my parents alot, but thats about it.
Harry Posted January 20, 2002 Posted January 20, 2002 i dont' remember the last time i told the truth to my parents. and i have no qualms about lying. the less someone knows is usually better
KyJaUn~FuLlEr Posted January 20, 2002 Posted January 20, 2002 I try to be honest but sometimes i just have to lie i can't help my self it's fun to lie sometimes to me of course :D !!! Wait did just lie to u guys who know Mwahahahah Mwahahahah Mwwwaaaaa cough cough ok enough laughing!!!
Navi Posted January 20, 2002 Posted January 20, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Undying Angel [/i] [B]How many times do you lie to people in a day? Are you always honest? When do you think it's alright to? I don't usually try to lie... I try to be honest at most times. But sometimes I can decieve people with a reason. [/B][/QUOTE] I guess I lie to people 0-1 times a day. I'll usually "lie" by omission. If they don't ask, I don't need to tell them. I think lying is alright if you're smart enough not to get caught. But not in life or death situations..I mean menial stuff. I don't tell white lies. If I think you're wearing an ugly dress and you ask me what I think of it, I'll say I don't like it. What do you care if I like it or not anyway? All that matters is that you like it. People usually think Im lying because they can't interpret sarcasm.
Guest DrunkenMaster88 Posted January 20, 2002 Posted January 20, 2002 THE TRUTH HURTS, BUT IM NOT A VIOLENT PERSON
Sara Posted January 20, 2002 Posted January 20, 2002 [FONT=century gothic]I [i]can't[/i] lie. It's awful. Especially when I was little, and always getting into trouble. My parents would just have to look at me. "Sara, did you break that lamp?" And I'd turned scarlet and whisper [size=1]"No?[/size]" Of course, they knew I'd done it. I can't lie. I'll stutter, or blush, or my voice will go really high. It would be funny, if it didn't mean i was getting into trouble again. It got worse when i entered school. How is any kid supposed to survive school without being able to lie? "Did you do your homework?" [size=1]Yes. I did? [/size] "Why didn't you do your homework?" [size=1]"I...I...uh...that is...uh...my d-dad...no!...My m-m-mom--she--"[/size] I bet you all believed that, didn't ya?[/FONT]
Ben Posted January 20, 2002 Posted January 20, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i] [B][FONT=century gothic] I bet you all believed that, didn't ya?[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE] Not a word of it. :rolleyes:
Sara Posted January 20, 2002 Posted January 20, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ben [/i] [B] Not a word of it. :rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Gah.... You don't count. :p With all do respect, Ben....[size=1]ah, forget it...[/size] Gah, you finally show up again, and all your posts are positively [i]infuriating[/i] me! You remind me too much of myself; stop it at once![/FONT]
Fall Posted January 20, 2002 Posted January 20, 2002 Hmm..... Welll I've lied a fair bit one day, and then the next day I don't lie at all..... It depends on the mood I'm in for when I lie..... But yeah, I've lied alot..... And now I've realised that sometimes lieing isn't the best way to go..... :rolleyes:
Delian Posted January 20, 2002 Posted January 20, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DrunkenMaster88 [/i] [B]THE TRUTH HURTS, BUT IM NOT A VIOLENT PERSON [/B][/QUOTE] Gosh... if the truth hurts, then I must be a cruel person.... But you have to be cruel to be kind:angel:
Duo Maxwell Posted January 20, 2002 Posted January 20, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i] [B] Thats a funny thing to say, because the more u lie about something to protect someone else, when that person finds out, it will be alot more painful to them then if it was if u told them in the first place. I don't lie at all, i just like joking around. [/B][/QUOTE] yeah and its hard to lie if they're saying tell me the 100% truth, you're not lieing right?, you sure?, etc... I like to joke aroud too... actually I like to be sarcastic...
Posthumous Posted January 20, 2002 Posted January 20, 2002 I sometimes lie to my mom.I say ''Sorry I was late my freind brought his football and I couldn't stop playing.''When I'm at Computer Club.
Recommended Posts