OtakuBoards

NaNoWriMo

Dragon Warrior

Hey, everyone. [b]NaNoWriMo[/b] started earlier last week and those that are participating are either furiously writing or procrastinating like usual (I am occasionally both). For those of you who don't know what [b]NaNoWriMo[/b] is, it's National Novel Writing Month. It takes place every November and you get the whole month to attempt to write a 50,000 word novel about whatever you feel like. There's also a [url="http://nanowrimo.org"]website[/url] for it. It's called a contest, but the only real prize is the satisfaction of accomplishing such a crazy goal. It can be tough and will really push a writer's limits.

I was just curious if anyone else is doing it this year. I know I am and I'm surprisingly doing pretty well compared to previous years. Perhaps if there are others out there, we can discuss each other's works and maybe even give some feedback. So share your stuff!

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

This is a pretty old thread, but I feel like bragging about completing NaNo last November.

I'd had the novel idea fleshed out for several months so the only thing left to do was actually write it. Then, instead of toiling over getting everything right from the get-go, I just barreled through eighteen chapters or so with no editing or dilly-dallying. My advice to aspiring NaNo participants is to actually try to write something terrible so that a) you don't get stuck on quality when NaNo is just about quantity, and b) there is only one direction to go when revising your work!