Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Hey, everyone. [b]NaNoWriMo[/b] started earlier last week and those that are participating are either furiously writing or procrastinating like usual (I am occasionally both). For those of you who don't know what [b]NaNoWriMo[/b] is, it's National Novel Writing Month. It takes place every November and you get the whole month to attempt to write a 50,000 word novel about whatever you feel like. There's also a [url="http://nanowrimo.org"]website[/url] for it. It's called a contest, but the only real prize is the satisfaction of accomplishing such a crazy goal. It can be tough and will really push a writer's limits.

I was just curious if anyone else is doing it this year. I know I am and I'm surprisingly doing pretty well compared to previous years. Perhaps if there are others out there, we can discuss each other's works and maybe even give some feedback. So share your stuff!
Posted
I'm way too busy this year, but I can pretend I'm joining for your pleasure and at the same time start thinking of stuff to join with next year! :^D
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
Posted

This is a pretty old thread, but I feel like bragging about completing NaNo last November.

 

I'd had the novel idea fleshed out for several months so the only thing left to do was actually write it. Then, instead of toiling over getting everything right from the get-go, I just barreled through eighteen chapters or so with no editing or dilly-dallying. My advice to aspiring NaNo participants is to actually try to write something terrible so that a) you don't get stuck on quality when NaNo is just about quantity, and b) there is only one direction to go when revising your work!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...