OtakuBoards

OB Reunion?

Juu

[size=3]If this has already happened, but I just missed out, I'm going to cry. [/size]

[size=3]So, the past week, I've been plowing through three seasons of The Tester and thinking about OB and missing all the good times. Ever since moving back to San Francisco after college, I've also been frequenting Korean restaurants, where they serve a beer called 'OB.' Then it hit me that it's been over 10 years since I joined OB![/size]

[size=3]I was wondering if there has been an OB reunion. I know a lot of members were here way before 10 years ago, so I'm wondering if any sort of 10 year reunion has already happened ... [/size]

[size=3]I'm sooooo intrigued to see how people have grown up (or stayed the same), what they're doing now, if they've started families ... that sort of thing. The OB community will always be family to me and the memories of fun times on the board have a permanent place in my heart. [/size]

[size="3"]Since we're spread across several states and continents, I'm guessing a physical meetup/reunion would be tough ... but I just thought it would be fun to at least try to get in contact with old members (try to find them) and contact them and try to get them to come back for the board for at least a post (an update) ... or just a day of partying on the boards (at least). [/size]

[size="3"]Thoughts? I would really love to try to get in touch with old OB members ... [/size]

[color=#0000ff]I certainly like the idea. I suppose we could use this thread to start, or at least plan, but do you have any slightly more formal plans? I do feel like a physical meetup would be difficult (though it would be pretty cool) given that, even just between us, we're clear across the country so we might have to think outside the box a bit on this one.[/color]

At the very least we could join forces and create an insanely large Skype (for example) conference. This would also put everyone in the same location to talk about locations and schedules and stuff. Or is there a max to Skype conference participants? Edited by Boo

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]As far as I know, the maximum Skype Conversation participants is as much as you can stand to talk to. :P

I'm all for Boo's idea. I'm sure he's down for a man(woman)hunt for these oldies as well.[/font]