OtakuBoards

PlayStation 4

bluebunny

• 3 weeks later...
If you're going to ask me all I ask is improved graphics. PS3 has been very successful to that and I think that's the bread and butter of the console. I'm not too sure if sony can push the limits of putting a next gen graphical monster into ps4 but I have huge trust in Sony. Aside from that we need improved multiplayer support, Having great online capability is good, probably by having an API that would help developers to incorporate good multiplayer capabilities on their games. Or probably they need to be creative in adding a new innovative controler options. 360 has kinect and Wii already has the tablet interface as for Sony, that I do not know

• 3 weeks later...

[font=palatino linotype]I think that better graphics should be taken for granted at this point - what I'd really like to see are a couple of key things:

1) New controller (I loathe the ageing PlayStation controller design, and I think it's about time for Sony to show some innovation and creativity in this area).

2) Big focus on ecosystem (Nintendo did really well with Miiverse on Wii U, and I think Sony could borrow that idea and implement something really fantastic - the idea of "social gaming" that doesn't involve typical Facebook and Twitter connections definitely interests me.  I'd also love to see a more intuitive interface that involves better access to streaming content like TV and movies especially).

Other than that, I can't really think of much else.  A focus on great games is obviously a given...but mostly I think it'd just be good to see great features and genuine creativity in terms of the hardware design.[/font]

• 1 month later...

Hmm... Honestly, with the exception of the WiiU I don't think these next gen consoles are even needed. I think they're fine as is, and then with all this talk about used games being axed and needing the internet to actually play these games I'm not even sure what to say at this point.

Other than a graphic upgrade (which I don't even think that's needed) I can't think of anything.