OtakuBoards

The saddest anime you will ever see in your life....

Nothing674

The Grave of the Fireflies is the saddest and most depressing anime movie I have ever seen. I cried in the end, I kid you not. I've never cried in a movie before either, until I saw that movie. I recommend it to everyone. Although the animation wasn't too impressive (but it was made in 1988, so cut it some slack) it was definately the best anime movie I have ever seen. Who else here has seen it, and tell me what you think.

I got my copy at suncoast. That is the only place I've ever seen it. You'll be able to find it probably at any place that sells anime online though, and for much cheaper than it is to buy at a suncoast store. As far as renting it goes, I think you're out of luck there. I went out and bought a copy cause one of the guys from the Tenchizone board told me how good it was, so I went and bought one, and wasn't dissappointed in the least.

If you guys are truely into sad anime, I suggest you check out Now & Then, Here & There. The first DVD has just been released by CPM. Basically, it's about a young guy named Shu, who is eventually sucked into a time warp (cliché alert) 5 billion years into the future, where the sun has expanded like crazy, and the whole world is like one big battlefield.

Little kids + fighting in wars against oppression = sad

:freak: / forever hieroglyphical
sHin

I cried when Aya's two friends died...It's beautiful, but tragic. Although I think I cried more when I watched Please Save My Earth then when I watched Ayashi no Ceres. I refuse to watch Grave of the Fireflies because I heard it's sad...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Elfin_Girl [/i]
[B]Hotohori dies!!?? :bawl: *sniff, sniff* I didn't know that... I only knew that Nuriko dies... :( [/B][/QUOTE]

Ah! Calm down(besides the two minor ones on the suzaku side die too...)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Saiyaman [/i]
[B][b][size=1]So far I have not seen one Anime that made me cry. Alittle upset but it is after all a cartoon.[/b][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I really don't agree with the whole "only a cartoon" thing. First of all, anime really isn't cartoons. When you say "Cartoon", it's looney toons. Animation is what anime is, not cartoon. Second, who cares if it's real or animated? What makes them sad is when you get attached to characters, and the situation that occur, not animation. heh heh. I'm done.

HOTOHORI DIES, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why does the good looking guys always day :(:bawl:
Just like the movie of Kenshin, Gentatsu dies in that flashback (good looking guy). Musashino dies, SO TOUCHING IT WAS :(
And Musashino was a goodlooking one. And then Shigure dies too. A good looking guy too. :(:(

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amiboshi [/i]
[B]

I really don't agree with the whole "only a cartoon" thing. First of all, anime really isn't cartoons. When you say "Cartoon", it's looney toons. Animation is what anime is, not cartoon. Second, who cares if it's real or animated? What makes them sad is when you get attached to characters, and the situation that occur, not animation. heh heh. I'm done. [/B][/QUOTE]

*aplauses* Brava! Brava! Well said. With anime if it's very well developed then you gain sort of like a personal relationship with the characters. Like with Fushigi Yuugi. I don't know one FY fan who hasn't cried after watching episode 33. Know many who didn't cry after watching ep 44 though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Yes I agree Macross Plus did have a very sad ending, compared to the other Macross Flicks. I won't blow the ending to anyone who hasn't seen it yet. A review of the directors cut is coming very shortly to theOtaku.com movie section though for anyone who wants some info on the show!:)

aww man

all anime has it's sad parts sniff*

but the ones that i cried at... hm...

1. sailor moon (a lot of sailor moon)
2. kenshin (although there was a lot of screaming along with the crying)
3. saber marionette j
4. DragonBall Z ( i noe i noe, i'm a wimp, heck, i cried when i watched Anastasia ok?)

hehehehe i'm strange.. but o well!

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Evangelion really was a sad anime, the movie also has a very sad ending if you can understand it. Yes you really don't even have to ask this I will be puting up a review on the End of Evangelion movie soon.