OtakuBoards

Punk Rock

Guest C_Murdah

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Pennywise, how did no one mention them yet??
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
All the perfect people....shallow and deceitfulful...**** they all look the same

I think Pennywise does the best cover of Stand by me.

[SIZE=1]Ugh.. people, Blink 182 and SUM*41 are NOT punk. Anybody who says they are are just as poser-ish as they are. Blink 182 lost their edge a long time ago, and SUM*41 have always been SUM*41. "Fat Lip" is probably the most non-punk song on that album. *sigh* I'm gonna go through a nervous breakdown soon, I'm sure..[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Ugh.. people, Blink 182 and SUM*41 are NOT punk. Anybody who says they are are just as poser-ish as they are. Blink 182 lost their edge a long time ago, and SUM*41 have always been SUM*41. "Fat Lip" is probably the most non-punk song on that album. *sigh* I'm gonna go through a nervous breakdown soon, I'm sure..[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]Thanks for basically implying that I'm a stupid poser. And GOD I hate Blink 182....damn....I'm getting pissed off....Just because I like one stupid song I'm a poser...whoo hoo go me...and THIS is why I don't like that much punk music...the PUNKS are so mean...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson]Thanks for basically implying that I'm a stupid poser. And GOD I hate Blink 182....damn....I'm getting pissed off....Just because I like one stupid song I'm a poser...whoo hoo go me...and THIS is why I don't like that much punk music...the PUNKS are so mean...[/color][/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]Eh, sorry bout that. Your not worshipping sum41 like some of these other peoples, they were actually who I was aiming that at... Sorry..[/SIZE]

I've listened to SUM*41 (ok they are the absolute UGLIEST band ever... their lead singer is.. just... no.... how he sings is absolutely vomit inducing.. anyway) and Blink 182... B182 has gone pop... YES POP! the dreaded P word is used for B182.. and it's true... when all of their new singles are played on the pop station in town you know they went pop... they became a boy band... the one thing they made fun of, they became... I was looking a teeny bopper mag the other day.... who do I see inside but Blink 182... further and further my point is prooven... their older stuff wasn't even punk.. I HAD Dude Ranch and that wasn't real punk... nothing compared to NOFX and some real punk bands I've heard.... one of my friends is big into punk, and she always yells at me because I don't prefer punk.... and I don't... but I do know the genre when i hear it... and sorry but B182 isn't punk... it's pop... it's pop/rock... and crappy pop/rock at it...

On a side note, I do enjoy how "punks" dress... or how punk bands dress.... always fun to look at... reminds me of Japanese visual bands, except toned down alot.... Japan has a rather odd punk scene.... good music to an extent... deffinantly better than B182 :p

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]I've listened to SUM*41 (ok they are the absolute UGLIEST band ever... their lead singer is.. just... no.... how he sings is absolutely vomit inducing.. anyway) and Blink 182... B182 has gone pop... YES POP! the dreaded P word is used for B182.. and it's true... when all of their new singles are played on the pop station in town you know they went pop... they became a boy band... the one thing they made fun of, they became... I was looking a teeny bopper mag the other day.... who do I see inside but Blink 182... further and further my point is prooven... their older stuff wasn't even punk.. I HAD Dude Ranch and that wasn't real punk... nothing compared to NOFX and some real punk bands I've heard.... one of my friends is big into punk, and she always yells at me because I don't prefer punk.... and I don't... but I do know the genre when i hear it... and sorry but B182 isn't punk... it's pop... it's pop/rock... and crappy pop/rock at it...

On a side note, I do enjoy how "punks" dress... or how punk bands dress.... always fun to look at... reminds me of Japanese visual bands, except toned down alot.... Japan has a rather odd punk scene.... good music to an extent... deffinantly better than B182 :p[/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1][i]THANK YOU[/i] Transtic! There you go ladies and gentlemen! You've heard yourself from a more respected memeber rather than myself and other people. If you don't believe it now, come knocking on my door so I can give you the boot!

Lol, TN, I applaud your description of SUM*41. My favorite quote of there is: "their lead singer is.. just... no...." Lol, [i]almost[/i] sounds like something I would say. The ONLY thing I actually like about SUM*41 is that they sound like shiznit live. Oh my gawd it was horrible, keep in mind I just saw it on tv, I didn't actually waste the money to go to a concert where they were.

And TN, I've never seen the whole "J-Punk" culture dresses, lol. Do you have any sites with pictures or anything that I could possibly look at? Sounds interesting :toothy:[/SIZE]

[B][SIZE=1]And TN, I've never seen the whole "J-Punk" culture dresses, lol. Do you have any sites with pictures or anything that I could possibly look at? Sounds interesting :toothy:[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

J-Punk looks like American punk... the Japanese visual rock scene is more... odd looking....

As for J-Punk bands try the following links:

[url]http://www.j-punk.net/[/url] (This isn't open yet)
[url]http://college.antioch.edu/~milo/jpunk/[/url]

Those are the only J-Punk links I know... the second has alot of groups... as for visual bands...

You can go to [url]http://communities.msn.com/GlamJapan[/url] for some not so popular groups... although they still are very good... or for more popular ones... go to [url]http://pam.126.com/[/url]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]Well I like Blink 182. Are they "Punk Rock"? :confused: [/B][/QUOTE]

No not anymore!!! TRL turned them into a pop band!!!!:bawl: that really sucks!!! But some new bands I like are The Start, Adema, Lennon, Flaw, and a few underground people too!!! Me and my band are staying punk rock for eva unlike some wannabe crossovers *cough* Blink 182 *cough, cough*!!!!:flaming:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]Well I like Blink 182. Are they "Punk Rock"? :confused:[/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]:therock: Did you [i]NOT[/i] read Transtic's second to last post? No(!) they are not. Thank you for your time :)

And Transtic, that J-Punk stuff is pretty kickin'! Lol, I was diggin Teengenerate the most I think :p As for the visual bands, ya I get what you were saying how it's like the punk scene, just kicked up a notch. Less rugged, more glam :p[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Spikey [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]I could name a lot, Kid Rok's band, Linkin Park I think, and that is just all I am going to tell you.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Um...linkin Park is New Metal, and I call Kid Rock's music 'Redneck Rock'. Blink 182 is a good band...And unlike most pop bands, they play thier own instruments!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson]DERYCK IS NOT UGLY! I LIKE DERYCK! GRR...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the lead singer from Sum41?.... cause no... sorry honey... he needs a nose job and then while he's at that he needs to fix his posture and stop singing to the mic like he's trying to eat it.... he could use a hair cut too.

The best punk group is The Offspring....... (see my sig for a sample of their work) and their only equals in the punk world are Greenday. But Sum41, Blink 182, New Found Glory, Less Than Jake and Alkaline Trio are also wicked bands.

But ofcourse, none of these bands even begins to compare to the ultimate band that is Metallica.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SS Trunks [/i]
[B]The best punk group is The Offspring....... (see my sig for a sample of their work) and their only equals in the punk world are Greenday. But Sum41, Blink 182, New Found Glory, Less Than Jake and Alkaline Trio are also wicked bands.

But ofcourse, none of these bands even begins to compare to the ultimate band that is Metallica.[/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]Ok, the fact that you called the Offsrping a group shows how little you really care about the subject. Sum*41 and Blink 182? [b][i]NOT PUNK[/i][/b]. Both Greenday and the Offspring are sell-outs, and I have lost all respect/interest in their music. I can't judge NFG, Less than Jake, and Alkaline Trio because I've never listened to any of them enough to do so.[/SIZE]

[B][SIZE=1]Ok, the fact that you called the Offsrping a group shows how little you really care about the subject. Sum*41 and Blink 182? [b][i]NOT PUNK[/i][/b]. Both Greenday and the Offspring are sell-outs, and I have lost all respect/interest in their music. I can't judge NFG, Less than Jake, and Alkaline Trio because I've never listened to any of them enough to do so.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Harsh lol

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

Are you talking about the lead singer from Sum41?.... cause no... sorry honey... he needs a nose job and then while he's at that he needs to fix his posture and stop singing to the mic like he's trying to eat it.... he could use a hair cut too. [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh man, Transistic....You have no idea how hard I laughed when I read this.....I was stumbling around my room, gasping for air....Okay, mabey i found it a little overly funny, but..LOL! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: