OtakuBoards

Punk Rock

Guest C_Murdah

Guest Voodookanaka
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Spikey [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]I could name a lot, Kid Rok's band, Linkin Park I think, and that is just all I am going to tell you.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

and with neither of them being true punk rock u know.

get the Blink 182 songs "Adam's Song", "The Rock Show", "Stay Together for the Kids", and "What's My Age Again?". those songs rock.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B]get the Blink 182 songs "Adam's Song", "The Rock Show", "Stay Together for the Kids", and "What's My Age Again?". those songs rock. [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Well some of Blink 182's songs are not consiterd punk rock, is what I heard. But that is just what I heard, off of MTV News, a long time ago. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]They are kinda cool, but there not my favorite.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson]I hate Blink 182...but I like Mest, thanks to Anna and Piro. And I also like Sum 41 and the Offspring, even though they're more of the popular bands. I think I just like Deryck and Dexter! :D[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Huh I always just thought they were just real heavey meatal. Huh.[/SIZE]

Dear Members of the eMpTyV 'genre' of 'punk',
Music is 100 times better from the underground. Bands such as Operation Ivy (two of the members are now in Rancid I think), Hi Standard (Japanese for you jfans), and Propagandhi are good.

Love,
Navi

P.S. Whoops I forgot to list some songs.
Operation Ivy - Knowledge
Hi Standard - Teenagers are all assholes
Propagandhi - Who will help me bake this bread

P.p.s. Note that the judgement of one song does not equal a band's overall quality.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]i am also wearing a dead kennedys t-shirt right now. i'm punk all the way. [/B][/QUOTE]
Jello Biafra rocks my socks. Mine is in the wash. =P

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Navi [/i]
[B]Operation Ivy [/b] [/quote]

i have seen op ivy live a few times. also, inquisition is excellent. they have a huge cult following here in richmond. also, ACTION PATROL, the greatest underground punk band of all time!!!!

"and so i'm feeling worthless again."

Guest Voodookanaka
very quick list Millencolin, MxPx, NoFx, Agnostic front, Ten foot pole, Sex Pistols, Rancid, Voodoo skulls, Bad Religion, AFI, No use for a name, A, Less than Jake, Reel Big Fish, Greenday, Offspring, Swingin utters ...got bored of typing

[color=crimson]Aren't the RAMONES a punk band? Or am I just stupid???? Anywho..

Anna, I am laughing so hard up here in your bedroom while you're down stairs on Otaku at the same time as me. And you have 606 posts and I have like 505. It's hilarious. But I have all the good music up here! :D :rotflmao:[/color]

[color=crimson]HA! I knew they were and we were just singing them last night! I like the Ramones, they're awesome. Except when I think of them, I'm reminded of Michael Franciso because he always had on the Ramones shirt...and then I always think of Daniel Washburn for RATM, but they're not punk *laughs*.[/color]

[SIZE=1]Ahh, fun topic :p, cept for the people listing the "wannabe" punk bands..

All, Guttermouth, AFI, the Misfits, Dropkick Murphy's, Millencolin, NoFX, the Vandals, the Offspring (older stuff), the Ramones, Sex Pistols, the Cramps, Rancid, Osker, Dwarves, Agnostic Front, H2O, Straight Faced, the Hives, MxPx, Bad Religion.. gah, can't think.. I could go on and on really...[/SIZE]

[color=crimson]Twenty-Twenty-Twenty-Four hours ago...
I wanna be sedated...
Nothing to do no where to go-o
I wanna be sedated...

Yeah I love that song. And I like SUM41!!!!!!!! But only one song, which is FAT LIP, because it's sort of original, the rest of their stuff sounds old and sounds the same. And I like them because Deryck is a hottie, and I'm naming one of kids after him...

Watch me end up with all girls since I have ALL these guy names I want to give my kids...*laughs*[/color]