OtakuBoards

State of Emergency

Charles

It seems as if everyone's talking about various unknown products such as Final Fantasy X and Metal Gear Solid 2 as of late. I say "pooh" to those games. Who wants to play through a gripping storyline? Some people just want to smash stuff!

Seriously, State of Emergency seems to be quite the ambitious title. I mean over two hundred characters running around at once while I cause sheer mayhem? Count me in. Rockstar games has my respect as of late, and I'm curious to see what they can do to make the "beat 'em up genre" enjoyable again. Is anyone else beside me, going to be in a state of emergency on Februrary 5th?

I don't [I] think[/I] it's out yet. You might be confusing the game with another, or you've just read a review based on an incomplete version. I know for a fact that it'll be fun on a short term basis, I'm just hoping that it has replay value.

I think Rockstar is doing a great job so far with GTA3,where all sorts of illegal things can be done in a videogame if they keep up the good gameplay and all im sure they will suceed in making high quality games.

As for State of Emergency I'll be expecting tons of fun and action in the game,bashing enemies,beating up other gang members with bats and guns.Finally a game that has a beat-em up type of gameplay engine like the classic Streets of Rage and Final Fight ah...haven't seen games like those in a while.

I'll be over at my friends house early in the morning playing non-stop when the game comes out which I hope it will be a very enjoyable game like GTA3 or even better.;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Gohan [/i]
[B]Who cares about rockstar and State of emergency? There will probably be no story line, which will make it very boring. Stupid rockstar...

*sits back and plays grand theft auto 3* [/B][/QUOTE]

Dude, Pac Man and Space Invaders didn't have brilliant storylines, but I found them much more fun to play than some of the crap that comes out on the next generation consoles.

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]First thing you have to realize, is that this game appears to be very different from the GTA series. It is level based, and yes, while GTA has different 'levels' you have to beat, I see State of Emergency as being very different in that aspect as well.

I have not heard too much on what the game is about - besides the fact that you are rioting because some corporation has taken control of your city - and all that. . but I am VERY excited to see what they have planned for this game.

As usual, the graphics are not really eye-popping, but are good enough to get the message across. This game is about having fun. I hope it will be a great game. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Shift
[SIZE=3]I chose "Of course they will, you get to smash stuff" because you get to smash stuff...[/SIZE] :excited: :excited:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Herman Nation [/i]
[B][SIZE=3]I chose "Of course they will, you get to smash stuff" because you get to smash stuff...[/SIZE] :excited: :excited: [/B][/QUOTE]

stop bringing back old topics, a ban warning will be issued soon if you carry this on....

I hate to close my own thread, but the sucka's right on this one. I made this thread a while before the game was released. Seph created an updated one after the release, so there's no need to reply to this now.

Topic Closed.