OtakuBoards

FF7 Revenge

TheGodlyME

I thought the "Higher levels, higher level bad guys" approach was first used in FFVIII, as I've read in an interview (This is for the PSX FF games).

Hmm, I beat safer sephiroth at level 65 without heroes, and got all the statuses attacks from Super Nova, and without KotR. Now that was a incredible challenge. I hated super nova summon

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by D. Dark [/i]
[B]I thought the "Higher levels, higher level bad guys" approach was first used in FFVIII, as I've read in an interview (This is for the PSX FF games).

Hmm, I beat safer sephiroth at level 65 without heroes, and got all the statuses attacks from Super Nova, and without KotR. Now that was a incredible challenge. I hated super nova summon [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]Now what "heroes" may you be talking about hmm? [/COLOR]

[color=red][size=3]A little tidbit about the leveling thing in FFVIII...

Apparently, the level of enemies is not based on your entire parties level, but only on Squalls. Thus, the easiest way to beat the game is to KO Squall on Disc 1 and keep him that way. Now, I'm not that big a risk-taker, so I can't say this is true and you should take this with several grains of salt. However, if anyone can verify it, please do.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

I got lucky the first time I fought emerald weapon, I got all lucky 7's, done MAJOR damage to him, lol.... [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]You lucky son of a...... I've never gotten All Lucky 7s... [i]EVER![/i] Not one single time!!! And if I ever do, it'll probably be against some dinky overworld enemy... :mad:

Yeah, but if you don't use Squall, there goes the collest character in the game... Besides maybe Seifer... That, and it'd be damn cheap. I sure wouldn't do that.

Oh, and I might mention that I had a TON of Counter Attack and Counter/Deathblow Materia on, when I fought Sephiroth. I'd hit him about three times, every time he hit me (no matter which character he hit), for about 5,000 damage each counter-attack. I hate those Barriers, but DeBarrier didn't seem to work... If not for those Barriers, I would've been doing 9,999 damage every hit with every character... Now, if only you could pair Counter and Double Cut... That would be cool... Do a 4x Cut for your attack, and then another when he hits you, LOL.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]
[color=indigo]You lucky son of a...... I've never gotten All Lucky 7s... [i]EVER![/i] Not one single time!!! And if I ever do, it'll probably be against some dinky overworld enemy... :mad:

[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

*whispers* remember that materia tip against emerald weapon I talked about a while back? you can use that to your advantage so you can use the all lucky 7's ;)

heck, I've seen it tons of times already, emerald just needs to hit me and it happens....

[B]

*whispers* remember that materia tip against emerald weapon I talked about a while back? you can use that to your advantage so you can use the all lucky 7's ;)

heck, I've seen it tons of times already, emerald just needs to hit me and it happens.... [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]No... I don't remember... What is it?! I must know!!! I MUST USE IT AT LEAST ONCE!!!!! (It's the only thing I haven't done, except master KOTR, because I got tired of leveling after about 20-25 hours of it, LOL).[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]
[color=indigo]No... I don't remember... What is it?! I must know!!! I MUST USE IT AT LEAST ONCE!!!!! (It's the only thing I haven't done, except master KOTR, because I got tired of leveling after about 20-25 hours of it, LOL).[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

look back at a previous emerald weapon thread, I think its the one that I made, I don't remember the title exactly though....

• 2 weeks later...
[B]

look back at a previous emerald weapon thread, I think its the one that I made, I don't remember the title exactly though.... [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]*goes back and searches, and searches, and searches* Okay, I can't find it... Could you just tell how to do it, again?

By the way, I finally mastered KOTR, and got another Master Summon Materia. Now I've done everything but get one Enemy Skill, and get All Lucky Sevens... Unfortunatley, I accidentally overwrote my game, when I started a new game... So now I'm playing through again, and I'm going to get this game up to the level of my old game. (Meaning that FFVII is going to take another 100+ hours of my life, LOL).[/color]

Just guessing here, but I think the trick is to have one person with 2 pieces of materia on at 9999 HP. Only guessing. That way, Aire Tam will do 2222, leaving that person on 7777... You could do it on everyone, really.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desbreko [/i]
[B]
[color=indigo]*goes back and searches, and searches, and searches* Okay, I can't find it... Could you just tell how to do it, again?

By the way, I finally mastered KOTR, and got another Master Summon Materia. Now I've done everything but get one Enemy Skill, and get All Lucky Sevens... Unfortunatley, I accidentally overwrote my game, when I started a new game... So now I'm playing through again, and I'm going to get this game up to the level of my old game. (Meaning that FFVII is going to take another 100+ hours of my life, LOL).[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

well basically for every materia orb equipped on a character, air tam storm will take off 1111 hp or something, dammit I forgot it already, basically the less materia you have the better, equip 2 materia orbs, be at full health at 9999hp, and when he does air tam storm it will be all lucky 7's....

• 3 weeks later...
what other final fantasy character do i want revenge on? Hm.. let me think... Ah yes President Shinra the first. The fat one i mean.

Possible SPOILER...

Sephiroth got to him before i did... darn him i wanted to kill the fat old guy...

END POSSIBLE SPOILER...

oh yeah palmer too but i already mentioned him...

[color=indigo]Heheheh... I just fought Palmer about a week ago. It was just as satisfying that time as it was the first time I fought him. :devil: I don't know exactly why, but I always just seemed to hate him... I guess because he's annoying, and he gets in your way...[/color]

[quote][i]Palmer[/i]
[b]Hey-hey! Is the tea ready yet? With plenty of sugar and honey. Oh yeah, and don't forget the lard too.[/b][/quote]

[B]I've always wanted revenge on Heidegger, sure, you fight scarlet and him when they are controlling the proud clod, but I wanted to fight him as we did against palmer, I wanted to omni-slash his butt, lol.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Heidegger's laugh annoys me... I just wanted to kill him..[/SIZE]

[color=indigo]You know what I'd have liked to have happen to Heidegger? I'd have liked to see him get eaten by Ultimate WEAPON. Maybe when you're flying away from the Crater, when the WEAPONs are awakening, and Ultimate WEAPON just snatches him off the deck of the Highwind. That would have been really funny, LOL. ...And of course, he'd have to laughing, right up until he gets eaten... It could've been part of the CG cut-scene, and he could get this really shocked look on his face right before WEAPON grabs him in it's big, huge jaws... Heheheheheheh... :devil:[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desbreko [/i]
[B][color=indigo]You know what I'd have liked to have happen to Heidegger? I'd have liked to see him get eaten by Ultimate WEAPON. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

That's an awesome idea! They should do that in the re-release... Definitely...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mystfalcon25 [/i]
[B]

That's an awesome idea! They should do that in the re-release... Definitely... [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Yah, cool idea, but unfortunatly, Square probably won't put that into the FFVII remake. :([/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest NOFX_21212
i don't think there is any way to do 7000 damage unless your miracly at level 1 and he casts beta on you haha

sorry, but heidegger isn't on the deck of the highwind during the cinema, although it would have been pretty interesting..... then scarlet wouldn't have a "partner" anymore and would become alful lonely...... might try to hit on cloud....

[SIZE=1]I combined your posts together, don't double post... And try to make sense next time. -Flash[/SIZE]

[color=indigo]Yes, I know Heidegger isn't on the deck of the Highwind in that CG movie... I actually got to watch it about a week ago, when I got to that point in the game (I'm replaying it, and all I have left to do plot-wise is go and beat it). I'm saying that they should change the CG movie, so that he's on the deck and he gets eaten.

And yeah, it would change the story a bit, but it could easily be adapted. He doesn't actually do much after that anyway, besides talk.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[color=indigo]Actually, she didn't even name the cannon the Sister Ray... After you fly away from the Crater, when the WEAPONs awaken, you know how they're going to execute Tifa and Barret? And how Emerald WEAPON makes that hole in the execution room wall? Well, when you're escaping with Tifa along the barrel of the cannon, you see "Sister Ray" written on it. So really, it was always named the Sister Ray.

But yeah, neither Scarlet or Heidegger really did much... They're really annoying, though...[/color]