Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I was just wondering if anyone knew what Mario game is nintendo planning on releasing for nintendo? I mean a real mario game, not like SSB:M where he is justa playable character.
Guest Imsirion
Posted
mario sunshine looks sooo cool. the graphics are amazing but like alotta people, i still wonder"whats that refridgerator(sp?) vacum thingy on his back:therock:
Posted
In an interesting note, I remember reading in an article(probably in EGM) that the graphics were subject to change and might even receive a facelift similar to The Legend of Zelda's.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]In an interesting note, I remember reading in an article(probably in EGM) that the graphics were subject to change and might even receive a facelift similar to The Legend of Zelda's. [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Yeah, I would say that they'll be changing the character model (since he received most complaint).

Although I must say, I'd be quite happy if they left his clothes and body the same...(ala Zelda 1), but changed his face. There was actually an alternative face shown on N-Sider.com a while back (not from Nintendo) which was still rather simple looking...but which looked VERY awesome. Much more like the Zelda 1 booklet covers.

So yeah, I'm happy with the cel-shading and the general art style, it's definitely a nod to Zelda 1...but that face changing would surely be an improvement.[/size]
Posted
I don't think that Nintendo has revealed the full use of the pack on his back yet.

Anyway, I've read that Mario has a lot of his moves from the Nintendo 64 version. My bet is that it'll play a lot like it but with larger levels and a few more innovations.
Posted
So I will have to wait for a long time before it comes out. If it isn't comming out till summer in japan then when is it scheduled to come out in the states?
Posted
I don't think that anyone can tell for sure. Seeing as how the game has a tentative title and N64 textures, I'd say that it won't even make that summer release date. It's a big game for Nintendo; one that they'll want to have perfected.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kizu [/i]
[B]So I will have to wait for a long time before it comes out. If it isn't comming out till summer in japan then when is it scheduled to come out in the states? [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Right now, it's scheduled for a Fall 2002 release in the US, same as Zelda. Hopefully, it won't need to be delayed.[/color]
Posted
Yeah, same here. I can't wait till it comes out. Right now I have Pikmin as for an adventure game on gamecube but I haven't been able to really get into it.
Posted
[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Honestly, with Nintendo pushing back a lot of it's titles (not the Nintendo, but the game companies making game for the system), I don't see the next Mario coming out till at earliest the first quarter of 2003.

That is for the American version to come out. . and I would venture to say the same for Zelda. I am just glad that both are Nintendo titles, and are sure to have the most packed into it ^_^ [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[SIZE=1]The tank on his back is NOT an airtank kristoff... if you go to N-Sider.com and look on reviews, there is one by James and there is lots of information on the gameplay and other stuff.[/SIZE]
Posted
[color=indigo]Maybe it is an air tank, and maybe it isn't... At this point, everything is just speculation. We don't KNOW anything for certain about what that thing is, that's strapped to Mario's Back. We could all be totally wrong, and it's something completly different than any of us thought...[/color]
Posted
[size=1]It appears to be some sort of water-carrying device (thus the water meter on the screen).

If you want my opinions on the game (or should I say, my speculation), you can read my article called "Mario is Melting" over at [url]www.n-sider.com[/url]

I have had a great response to it, though it's kind of old now. But still, I enjoyed writing it. Mario Sunshine is shaping up to be an incredible game -- I can't wait to see the playable version at E3 this year.[/size]
Posted
[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Ok, I searched around, emailed a few people at Nintendo, Nintendo Power, IGN, and other great places to find out info. . this is what I found out about his 'mysterious pack'

--WARNING--
Only read if you REALLY want to know. .





--LAST CHANCE--
Do NOT read on if you don't want to know. .





--POINT OF NO RETURN--
Sorry. . too late now. .




It is a pasta maker ^_^ He keeps only the freshest ingredients in there. He plays a plumber turned cook in this game, and that instrument helps him deliver the best noodles and pasta ever tasted to all the people in the Mushroom Kingdom. But Bowser is a bit upset that he is doing so well, and his own pasta places are doing very bad. He doesn't kidnap the Princess in this one, but he steals Mario's secret recipe, and he has to go and get it back. He has to solve puzzles and defeat bosses all throughout the game in order to finally get to Bowser's Pasta Palace, the first in a line of stringy disgusting pasta houses opened by Bowser and his henchmen.

Does that help everyone? *bows* [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]

It is a pasta maker ^_^ He keeps only the freshest ingredients in there. He plays a plumber turned cook in this game, and that instrument helps him deliver the best noodles and pasta ever tasted to all the people in the Mushroom Kingdom. But Bowser is a bit upset that he is doing so well, and his own pasta places are doing very bad. He doesn't kidnap the Princess in this one, but he steals Mario's secret recipe, and he has to go and get it back. He has to solve puzzles and defeat bosses all throughout the game in order to finally get to Bowser's Pasta Palace, the first in a line of stringy disgusting pasta houses opened by Bowser and his henchmen.

Does that help everyone? *bows* [/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Are you serious? I think you've been hoodwinked. lol

If it were a pastamaker, it'd have no "water meter" on the top right screen. Also, why would the game be titled "Mario Sunshine" if pasta had something to do with it? lol

Hmm...either this is a joke...or a misunderstanding. Either that, or it is infact real...and if that's the case, I wonder why Nintendo has failed to announce such a major development thusfar.[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[size=1]Are you serious? I think you've been hoodwinked. lol

If it were a pastamaker, it'd have no "water meter" on the top right screen. Also, why would the game be titled "Mario Sunshine" if pasta had something to do with it? lol

Hmm...either this is a joke...or a misunderstanding. Either that, or it is infact real...and if that's the case, I wonder why Nintendo has failed to announce such a major development thusfar.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]You ARE correct. It is a water meter. . a water meter for what you ask? To maintain the moisture of the pasta. Have you ever made pasta James? You have to keep the dough moist, or it will dry out, and the recipe could be ruined.

Mario Sunshine is actually the name of his pasta shops, and thus, also the title of the game. ^_^

Does that clarify any? Hope so~ [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[color=indigo]I dunno... I'm having a hard time believing that Mario Sunshine is centered around pasta... It [i]would[/i] be a new spin on the Mario series, though... As long as they keep the Wall Kick and put in some cool places to use it, like the Red Coin maze in Rainbow Ride.

I'm going to buy it, just because it's a Mario game, and there hasn't been a Mario game that I haven't liked... Even if the view in Super Mario 64 was kind of bad sometimes...

*bangs head on computer desk* Three more days 'til I get Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2!!! Maybe it'll tide me over until Mario Sunshine is released... I wonder if I'll play through it another five times?[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...