OtakuBoards

triple triad the card game from final fanasty 8

gouf

You have to play in lots of different areas. New ones just spread when you move from one area to another. There's no actual way to just get rid of the bad ones, they just get replaced every now and then, but if you go to an are that has the same rule, then that rule will come back.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gouf [/i]
[B]ok the rules for triple triad how do you get new ones and get rid of the ones that are a real pain. like the one where your cards are chosen for you at the beging of the match [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=red][size=4] hee hee
[B] FINALLY! I CAN SHOW MY FF 8 GODHOOD!!!![/B]
There's a guy by the docks in Balamb who will play you, he's crouching near the parking lot. Play him and you'll notice there are [b]NO[/b] rules in effect when you play! This will reset the card game rules everywhere to their default settings. By doing this, I beat the CC Card Group like they were beginners![/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JCBaggee [/i]
[B]
[color=red][size=4] hee hee
[B] FINALLY! I CAN SHOW MY FF 8 GODHOOD!!!![/B]
There's a guy by the docks in Balamb who will play you, he's crouching near the parking lot. Play him and you'll notice there are [b]NO[/b] rules in effect when you play! This will reset the card game rules everywhere to their default settings. By doing this, I beat the CC Card Group like they were beginners![/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I never knew that. I accept you as the god of Triple Triad...

*bows to JC*

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JCBaggee [/i]
[B]

[color=red][size=4]Hey...why didn't that post...?[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]it did post it was just deleted cause if you havent noticed i dont like bragging about being the best in anything... i let your first post slide cause you were being helpful and i thought it was funny... but keeping it up is just wrong[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

also, one of the cc members (the one on the 2nd floor near the classroom) can delete certain rules. i remember playing him once ( a perfect game!) and he deleted the random and plus rules. life was much easier. i never knew about that guy who deleted all of the rules tho....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]it did post it was just deleted cause if you havent noticed i dont like bragging about being the best in anything... i let your first post slide cause you were being helpful and i thought it was funny... but keeping it up is just wrong[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=4][color=red]Really? Sorry, all meant in good humor...I actually think of myself as really humble![/size][/color]

• 3 weeks later...
the best thing to do to get good cards at the beginning of a match that the computer chooses for you is to get rid of all the crap cards so then you have all the decent cards like shiva and ifrit, etc. therefore meaning you'll probably have better cards than they do, but watch out for what rules are in the region as sometimes they can have some really cheap rules....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]the best thing to do to get good cards at the beginning of a match that the computer chooses for you is to get rid of all the crap cards so then you have all the decent cards like shiva and ifrit, etc. therefore meaning you'll probably have better cards than they do, but watch out for what rules are in the region as sometimes they can have some really cheap rules.... [/B][/QUOTE]

The problem though is that some of the bad cards are quite rare, and you need 5, or 10 in some cases, to use card mod :drunk: ... so they can be difficult to get rid of... 'part from that, you're right, seph. Personally I hate the 'addition' rule... requires too much thought. :drunk:

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, tell me somethin, where are all the CC group members hiding (other than Jack i found him)?

And what is the Card Queen quest? I've heard of it but have no idea what it is.

If you could tell me i'd appreciate it.

---

By the way, in response to Asha'man:

If you have ff8, there is an easy-to-read tutorial that explains all the rules i think.

It's really hard to explain without pictures, check the tutorial.

[color=red][size=3]Here we go...pay attention kiddies...

1) The Card Queen Sidequest:
--This is REALLY long. To do it, you have to play the Card Queen and intentionally lose a rare card. Once you've done this, you can ask her about her artist father. If you lose the right cards, her father will make a new card which you can win from the Card Queen. Her father is the artist in Dollet. All cards you lost can be won back by playing the young boy there, who is her brother. The easier way to do this: Play her on disc 4. She's at the Escape Pod Crash Site.

2) Oooh...the card club members...

Member 1--Comes in from the bottom of the screen by the directory

Member 2--Comes out by the Cafetreria

Member 3--One of the kids by the elevator on level 2

Member 4--Two girls who stand by the directory

Member 5--On the bridge

King--Talk to Nida, then to Nurse Kadowaki, then go to your room and keep resting...King will eventually show up.[/color][/size]

[color=red][size=3]Okay...this is going to take a while, but here goes...

Okay, first keep playing her until you either win or lose a card which is Level 8 or higher(to find out level, check "Card" under the main menu)until she leaves and you find her at Dollet( she may pop up several other places first, just keep playing.) Once there, talk to her and select "Ask about her artist father". She'll tell you about her father and then ask for a specific card. Get the card and lose it to her. Afterwards, you'll have to find someone else in the world who has that card. Here's the cards you need and what they make, as well as who has them after they're made:

1) Lose [b]MiniMog[/b] to create the [b]Kiros[/b] card. Get it from the Man in the Black Robe across from the Junk Shop in Deling City.

2) Lose [b]Sacred[/b] to create the [b]Irvine[/b] card. Get it from Mayor Dobe's wife at Fisherman's Horizon.

3) Lose [b]Doomtrain[/b] to get the [b]Phoenix[/b] card. Get it from the Presidential Assistant in blue at teh Esthar Presidential Palace.

4) Lose [b]Chicobo[/b] to create the [b]Chubby Chocobo[/b] card. Get it from the student sitting outside of the library at Balamb Garden.

5) Lose [b]Alexander[/b] to create the [/b]Doomtrain[/b] card. Get it from the Pub Owner behind the right counter in Timber.

As for the cards you lost, play the young boy in the artist's house in Dollet. This is the Card Queen's younger brother, and he has all of the cards you lost to her. Once the Card Queen get's the card, she'll leave. There are 8 places she'll go. They are....

Balamb
Winhill
Deling City
Fisherman's Horizon
Dollet
Esthar
Shumi Village
Lunar Gate

That's all I know 'cuz I've never actually finished the quest! I just play her on Disc 4 at the Escape Pod Crash Site 'cuz she has all the cards then! Good luck, and save often!

--JCBaggee[/color][/size]